Silhouette Speciality Restaurants

mcrcruiser

Lawn Club, Murano and Porch are the ones I continue to eat at. QSine was fun once but I would not do it again unless everyone I was with wanted to go back. I don't care for Tuscan personally. Yet to try Sushi on 5

Thanks for your replies . We haven't been on Silhouette in a long time & your refresher posts brings it all back to us .

With our OBC we will dine at Morano & the lawn club . We recall the great views we had ,Suzi on 5 will pass .Don't think it is worth it .I mo it was better with the crepes

We did the Porch, loved it. Normally $30 pp . but we got a 30% discount the first night. Also tried Murano ($50), LCG ($45), a Qsine ($45). Of those, we did not care for food at Qsine. But the ambiance and novelty were great. We did the 3 restaurant pkg and added The Porch when we got onboard.,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We are on in January and have gotten great comments about Lawn Club Grill. We are going to try it plus Tuscan Grill and Muranos. Not sure we will do Qsine. I think there is Bistro on Five too or it has changed to something else.

Bistro on 5 is now Sushi on 5. Since DH dislikes Sushi, it seems that X has saved us money;p

As far as which ones people will recommend, you'll probably get many different opinions due to personal tastes and service experiences. We were completely underwhelmed with Murano - guess we expected something spectacular due to the hype and high cost. Tuscan was just okay for food, service was lackluster, however the view of the full moon on the wake was quite lovely. We were dining in Luminae during our cruise, so it was all relative to those meals, which we really enjoyed. We iked Sushi on Five as a refreshing change during a 15 day voyage. We are looking forward to trying Lawn Club Grill and Qsine duringour upcomng Reflection Voyage.

Bistro on 5 is now Sushi on 5. Since DH dislikes Sushi, it seems that X has saved us money;p

On our last cruise, I don't think Sushi on 5 is doing very well. Every time I passed by, there were only 1 or 2 tables with people. Unless you never ate sushi before, their sushi and roll look just like any other sushi place. And we know they are not doing well because during one of our dinner in the MDR, the guy came to our table and try to get us to go there next day in middle of our dinner. My aunt actually told me she has never seen that on a cruise where they are trying to sell you a specialty dinner in the middle of your dinner.

We had two great meals in Murano. The service and food were outstanding. We ate twice in the Tuscan Grill and go there for the view around sunset. The new menu is not to our liking.

Qsine is fun in a large group. Food is good but gimmicky presentation. Too much for if you go as a couple.

The Lawn Club Grill was very good. It was nice eating outside and there is a salad bar, order a pizza to your specs, and grilled meats and seafood. A winner.

On our last cruise, I don't think Sushi on 5 is doing very well. Every time I passed by, there were only 1 or 2 tables with people. ...And we know they are not doing well because during one of our dinner in the MDR, the guy came to our table and try to get us to go there next day in middle of our dinner. My aunt actually told me she has never seen that on a cruise where they are trying to sell you a specialty dinner in the middle of your dinner.

Not on Silhouette but we have been approached by our wait team towards end of dinner in MDR. They noted we had eaten at one specialty restaurant (think Tuscan) and offered deal at Murano.

Interesting Sushi on 5 so quiet, We had a very mediocre meal on Equinox when it was still Bistro on 5. We were given complimentary voucher as B2B cruisers, Based on our experience we would not recommend this venue. . However YMMV.

The lawn grill is our favorite! Also enjoy Qsine- and opportunity to try different foods-tapas style. Since we typical purchase a package, we also dine in Murano and Tuscan grill- Not interested in Sushi on Five or the Porch. We are not fans of Sushi or the seaford items served on the Porch.

On our last cruise, I don't think Sushi on 5 is doing very well. Every time I passed by, there were only 1 or 2 tables with people. Unless you never ate sushi before, their sushi and roll look just like any other sushi place. And we know they are not doing well because during one of our dinner in the MDR, the guy came to our table and try to get us to go there next day in middle of our dinner. My aunt actually told me she has never seen that on a cruise where they are trying to sell you a specialty dinner in the middle of your dinner.

We noticed them really pushing Sushi on 5 too.

I think part of the issue is the misconception that they only serve sushi - raw fish. We had a great meal and one of our favorites was a dish with nothing raw - Scallop and Shrimp Dynamite. They have many other traditional Japanese menu items. It's too bad they didn't name or market it differently.

We noticed them really pushing Sushi on 5 too.

I think part of the issue is the misconception that they only serve sushi - raw fish. We had a great meal and one of our favorites was a dish with nothing raw - Scallop and Shrimp Dynamite. They have many other traditional Japanese menu items. It's too bad they didn't name or market it differently.

I think that's the problem. We love sushi and we live in Los Angeles where is a sushi restaurant in every block or 2. But even then, many people here don't understand you don't have to eat raw fish in a sushi restaurant. They should have named it Fusion Japanese Cuisine on 5. :p

Hoping it wont be too much longer before Sushi on 5 runs its course..

Menu is too limited...maybe if they added some other dishes for non sushi people, it would be busier..

I understand a la carte pricing for sushi but a fixed price special or bento box would be nice..

We enjoyed B on 5...our go to lunch spot and miss it...even with its faults.

Sailed last week on the Silhouette:

Lawn Club twice for dinner, it was fabulous.

Qsine twice, DS loved it and requested we go again to try different things.

Tuscan Grille once and were less than thrilled, we won't go to that one again when there are others that are better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree on the Lawn Grill but would not recommend Qsine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's quirky, food was okay. I wouldn't pay $45 to eat there, but with a good discount, and my kiddo liking it, we'd go again. And...he eats more than me and he's $10 in the specialty restaurants, so it's a good deal for me!

It's quirky, food was okay. I wouldn't pay $45 to eat there, but with a good discount, and my kiddo liking it, we'd go again. And...he eats more than me and he's $10 in the specialty restaurants, so it's a good deal for me!

t

We typically take a package which works out much cheaper to dine in specialty restaurants almost or nightly if possible. While Luminae has decent food not as good as specialty restaurants Hence the weight gain and strict dieting after each cruise!