New Princess Commercial-Guy Orders Wine

JustCruiseMe

I have not seen the commercial, but have sailed Princess twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. It all depends on what kind of experience you're looking for though -- part of what I likes was that it felt less loud and crowded than some other ships I've been on. I was never bored, but I am happy to lounge around in the sun watching movies on the big screen and/or reading my book for relatively long periods of time.

Edit: I'm early 30's and have been on Princess with relatives ranging from early 20's to early 60's who all thought it was great.

Edited by gymbomb

Is soooo boring it makes me think I'd never want to cruise on that line if that is the excitement. I'm sure the cruises are better than the commercial. What do you think?

I also think it is a bit boring. Another new commercial is much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlU6a22dDWM

Edited by boogs

The commercial is just showing one facet of the cruise experience… It's not all watersides, climbing walls and steel drum bands. People talk about going to the small pay-for restaurants. Apparently, the guy is VERY predictable. But, after a day in Italy (perhaps Rome, very romantic), he spreads his wings and goes off-script and doesn't do the usual. Trying something new - that IS the theme of the new Princess commercials. And, they are also showing that they can be sophisticated, not all the go-go-go that the other lines just show in their commercials...

The commercial is just showing one facet of the cruise experience… It's not all watersides, climbing walls and steel drum bands. People talk about going to the small pay-for restaurants. Apparently, the guy is VERY predictable. But, after a day in Italy (perhaps Rome, very romantic), he spreads his wings and goes off-script and doesn't do the usual. Trying something new - that IS the theme of the new Princess commercials. And, they are also showing that they can be sophisticated, not all the go-go-go that the other lines just show in their commercials...

I KNEW what the commercial was saying but if not ordering wine is the major indicator of her not knowing her husband then they are not "refined" they are boring and I wouldn't want to be with them on a cruise. I agree doesn't have to be all rock climbing walls and line dancing. Sophistication has it's place but that's a sad boring commercial and a terrible one.

Princess is trying to get Mr. and Mrs. Milquetoast to cruise with them. Convince the Mrs. that maybe the Mr. will "go wild" and do something surprising. What's wrong with that? Trying to expand their demographics. I'd never cruise on Carnival when all they showed was the cheesy guy and the blowing of the whistle. Now, with their newer commercials, I might. ;)

P.S. I've only sailed with Princess once. I prefer NCL and Celebrity (talk about a difference in dynamics…)

I KNEW what the commercial was saying but if not ordering wine is the major indicator of her not knowing her husband then they are not "refined" they are boring and I wouldn't want to be with them on a cruise. I agree doesn't have to be all rock climbing walls and line dancing. Sophistication has it's place but that's a sad boring commercial and a terrible one.

Pretty harsh.

I like the commercial. It's subtle. Maybe too subtle. :rolleyes: I like that it's about internals -- you and your loved one(s) -- and not about externals. It's whispering to you, not shouting at you.

A trip down a twisty-turny slide I can do without, but a cruise where I can reconnect and make memories with loved ones? Priceless.

Princess is trying to get Mr. and Mrs. Milquetoast to cruise with them. Convince the Mrs. that maybe the Mr. will "go wild" and do something surprising.

If ordering a different bottle of wine is "going wild and surprising" for this couple, I feel sorry for them. :p

If ordering a different bottle of wine is "going wild and surprising" for this couple, I feel sorry for them. :p

Agreed. Whatever next?

Taking his socks off in bed?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Pretty harsh.

I like the commercial. It's subtle. Maybe too subtle. :rolleyes: I like that it's about internals -- you and your loved one(s) -- and not about externals. It's whispering to you, not shouting at you.

A trip down a twisty-turny slide I can do without, but a cruise where I can reconnect and make memories with loved ones? Priceless.

I agree. After watching the commercials again, I see them in a different way. A cruise is much more than seeing how much excitement you can have.

I like what you said about making memories. That's what I want to do.

Happy sailing!

Agreed. Whatever next?

Taking his socks off in bed?

When he gets really wild, he only takes one sock off. The anticipation of which sock it will be drives her crazy. What woman can resist a man of mystery and surprises?! :D

Edited by fortinweb

What is wrong with making a comment on the possibilities of widening your horizon through travel? It is one of the few cruise commercials that steps out of the routine of emphasizing continuous, on-the-go fun. Yes, it was aimed at a particular demographic (perhaps wives who wish their husbands would think of trying something new) - and not the overwhelming bulk of mass market cruise line customers. Frankly, because of its different and thoughtful approach, I found it less boring than the standard cruise commercials.

A recent Royal Caribbean commercial confused me... the graphic is W (image) W and the (image) changes rapidly. It spells out WOW but until I happened to catch the Royal Caribbean logo for 2 seconds at the end I was reading it as WDW = Walt Disney World.

Is soooo boring it makes me think I'd never want to cruise on that line if that is the excitement. I'm sure the cruises are better than the commercial. What do you think?

Commercials are why you have a fast forward button on the DVR. I never watch them.

DON