Equinox 2017 Caribbean Promo

QuakerBoy

Very pleased to take advantage today of the current Endless Summer promo Celebrity is offering to book the recently rescheduled itineraries on Equinox from the Med to the Caribbean in 2017. Jumped on the last one, a 10 day Southern Caribbean leaving Miami on November 6, 2017. The rates are low to begin with, but the extras are what make this deal incredible. Start with the usual one category pricing break (I booked C2 at C3 rate and nailed one of the first cabins off the slant on Sky Deck with the extended balcony). Then take advantage of a $125 loyalty discount each. Then add on the included Go Best offer with this promo for OV and above and get free Premium Alcohol Package, Prepaid Gratiuties, $150 OBC, and Free Internet Package, all for both passengers. Then cut the deposit in half and only put down $450. All in all, that's an amazing deal. Plus, I love the itinerary, with Grand Cayman, Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire, and Key West, with four Sea Days. Life is good!

It is about $700pp higher than I paid for Dec 2016 10 day on eclipse. I do not have unlimited internet (do not need it with elite benefit) or grats, but I have $150 more OBC. We have a C2 at C3 price. Of course, that cruise is now about the same price as the Nov 2017 Equinox cruise in this post.

Ken

Edited by kenevenpar

Just booked the Memorial Day nine-day sailing for the same itinerary. I used a large online travel agency and received all of the perks (drinks, Internet, gratuities), plus $550 OBC for an obstructed angled balcony 6210. No complaints!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trying to ask the more experienced Celebrity cruisers how do you really get the best deal on a cruise with Celebrity?

We have only been on 1 Celebrity cruise but have 3 more booked in the next 9 months.

I see Celebrity has the new summer promotion out giving you 4 perks (1 being the Internet which to us is not a perk for more reasons than one).

But I also see the cruise base price is $350 a piece more for same class as we booked a year ago.

We got a great price and 3 perks when we booked about a year ago. But the price dropped 2 months after we originally booked and got that price drop as well.

I'm happy with what we got but wondering if everyone follows the prices on Celebrity weekly to always get the best deal?

Celebrity has it all figured out. If I go to try and get the more perks it sounds like I need to rebook at the $350 pp plus price. So for $700 I feel no perk is really worth that if you get the drink pkg included already.

It seems like a lot of luck just hitting it right at the right time. I really feel there is a trick to getting the best price but not sure?

Any help would be appreciated.

Just booked the Memorial Day nine-day sailing for the same itinerary. I used a large online travel agency and received all of the perks (drinks, Internet, gratuities), plus $550 OBC for an obstructed angled balcony 6210. No complaints!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have had that room before (6210) and just loved it!! Enjoy!!

We are in room 6190 next April. How bad are the lifeboat obstructions?

You will have the uprights that the lifeboats are mounted on sticking up outside your balcony window but they don't obscure the straight out view very much. The bigger issue is that the lifeboat directly below obscures your view straight down...........but forget that and don't look down!!!

My wife likes to sleep on the balcony and the partial obstruction has never interfered with THAT!

So go and enjoy the rest of this beautiful ship

We are in room 6190 next April. How bad are the lifeboat obstructions?

You will have the uprights that the lifeboats are mounted on sticking up outside your balcony window but they don't obscure the straight out view very much. The bigger issue is that the lifeboat directly below obscures your view straight down...........but forget that and don't look down!!!

My wife likes to sleep on the balcony and the partial obstruction has never interfered with THAT!

So go and enjoy the rest of this beautiful ship

I'm a balcony sleeper as well! Good to know there are others!!

I booked the Oct 27 Equinox yesterday and got all 4 perks and Captains Club upgrade but what is the $150 Loyalty discount? What am I missing? Where do you find this?

It basically reduces your pricing on the cruise once you plug in your captain's club number. It doesn't work on all websites and some travel agents won't know about it ..... but the good ones will. If they don't ... have them call Celebrity instead of just booking it through their own system.

For instance, the pricing for a balcony on these cruises is reduced from $1549 to $1424 once you show you are a Celebrity past passenger. I am thinking the loyalty discount we received is $125 pp .... at least that is what they told me down at Celebrity and that is what was reflected in our pricing.

Thank you. I called my TA and she called Celebrity and the discount was applied. My cruise listed at $1499 and when I put in CC number it comes to $1424, however I elected to choose my cabin (vs guaranteed which was the only fare left at that price) and take advantage of the one level upgrade, but I do think I did pretty well on the 10/27 sailing with the 4 perks. Life is good :)

Thank you. I called my TA and she called Celebrity and the discount was applied. My cruise listed at $1499 and when I put in CC number it comes to $1424, however I elected to choose my cabin (vs guaranteed which was the only fare left at that price) and take advantage of the one level upgrade, but I do think I did pretty well on the 10/27 sailing with the 4 perks. Life is good :)

That's what we got it for as well. With all the perks, how could you go wrong?

Ok, so now I'm confused again!!!

I had heard about the loyalty discount and called my TA asking if I could take advantage of it. They said "no".....I was told that the discount was already included in the price, so they couldn't deduct it twice! (so apparently everyone gets the discount through them....even those that haven't sailed with X before!)

Why are some people able to take advantage of this and I am not???

Ok, so now I'm confused again!!!

I had heard about the loyalty discount and called my TA asking if I could take advantage of it. They said "no".....I was told that the discount was already included in the price, so they couldn't deduct it twice! (so apparently everyone gets the discount through them....even those that haven't sailed with X before!)

Why are some people able to take advantage of this and I am not???

It depends on your TA. If its a big "Box store" TA where they purchase bulk cabins, they already have the "loyalty deduction" built in. As an example, our price was $1474/person with our "box discount TA". This is already reduced from the $1599 price noted by Celebrity. We get all 4 perks from Celebrity plus we got an additional $250SBC from our TA. At the end of the day, our booking with our TA was much better. Happy sailing!

Agree, CruiseRaider. We don't usually schedule a Caribbean cruise until later in the winter, after the holiday rush and when the cold weather settles in. However, this deal was literally too good to pass up. Love Equinox, and love this southern itinerary as well.

I ran a booking on the Celebrity site without logging in and then tried it logged in under my profile. I noticed the fare dropped after logging in under my profile.

Some how I missed this sale - with everything else going on, but glad I stumbled across it. Just booked this morning Equinox for 6 October 2017 sailing. Fare is fabulous and itinerary is just what we have been looking for.

Curious, can we use a NextCruise Certificate with this sale? I currently have the booking on Hold, but if we can use the Certificate, I can always convert the booking. (My NextCruise Certificate is one of the "old" one's from 4 - 5 years ago if that helps. (I think they changed the program a bit recently.))

Thanks...