Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

snappy68

Any recommendations for a hotel that has a shuttle for the cruise? We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza but prices seem to be outrageous.

We recently stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle and free shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port.

I would suggest not limiting yourself to hotels with free shuttles because a taxi is very inexpensive (less than $20) and very easy to find.

Our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on SE 17th St.

We have had excellent luck in getting good hotels in FLL (usually in the Dania Beach area) through Priceline and bidding anywhere from $50 to $78 a night (our most recent successful bid for late July). Free internet, parking, complimentary breakfast, pool, and a free or relatively inexpensive shuttle between the airport and the hotel and the hotel and the cruise terminal have all been included in the package. Hotels have included Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inn and Suites, La Quinta, and Best Western

I would suggest not limiting yourself to hotels with free shuttles because a taxi is very inexpensive (less than $20) and very easy to find.

Our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on SE 17th St.

Agree.

To original OP - have stayed at Crowne Plaza a few times - airport shuttle was free, but the cruise shuttle was an independent company and there was a charge. Last time stayed there was about 2 years ago so it could have changed.

Any recommendations for a hotel that has a shuttle for the cruise? We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza but prices seem to be outrageous.

When are you going? We frequently cruise around this time of year and Fleet Week is coming up in Early May. The prices go way up as hotels are hard to get. We cruised during fleet week in 2011 and the major hotels were booked up in January.

Ive stayed at the "Best Western" 1221 West State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale.

Free Shuttle from the Airport to the hotel. in the morning the shuttle is $8 per person but you can take a cab there for the same price. Which is a lot easier since there is so many people trying to cram on that shuttle at once.

There is a Grocery Store within walking distance,Liquor store, dollar store and payless shoes and many places to eat. Sports Bar, Wendys and Mcdonalds and a Dunkin dounts. There is some other hotels across the street that seem like they would be nice as well but I have not stayed there. I just like staying at a hotel with all them places within walking distance. Google Maps give you a good view of the area

Looking to stay in FLL but the cruise is out of Miami, any suggestions? I believe SAS shuttle takes you from FLL to Miami terminal and isn't all that expensive, anyone use them?

That's what I like the best on a Miami cruise, to stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Yes, have taken SAS shuttle and they are great. In April of 2011 the price was 15.00 each way. Touch base with them of course and make sure they service the hotel where you are staying.

Planning on a Miami cruise end of the month and will stay in F.L. and do the SAS shuttle to the port.

Ive stayed at the "Best Western" 1221 West State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale.

Free Shuttle from the Airport to the hotel. in the morning the shuttle is $8 per person but you can take a cab there for the same price. Which is a lot easier since there is so many people trying to cram on that shuttle at once.

There is a Grocery Store within walking distance,Liquor store, dollar store and payless shoes and many places to eat. Sports Bar, Wendys and Mcdonalds and a Dunkin dounts. There is some other hotels across the street that seem like they would be nice as well but I have not stayed there. I just like staying at a hotel with all them places within walking distance. Google Maps give you a good view of the area

I'll second this recommendation. Have also stayed at the Hampton Inn next door to the B.W. I'd say they were both good, but B.W. always seems much less money.