Changing cabin after final payment date

esper10

Hi all, we have a window cabin and we were wondering if after final payment date the balcony cabin will be reduced can we change our cabin and pay the difference? Or we must stay with our cabin. Thanks

We upgraded our cabin for Alaska about 10 days after final payment with no problem and additional perks. When we booked only BBB was being offered so we did not have prepaid gratuities or unlimited internet. We got both when we upgraded, although the internet was also part of the Royal Suite perks.

Have done this many times. The last time I went from Veranda to Aqua Class at no additional cost since AQ was less than I paid for Veranda. I retained my original perks as well. As others have said: Check on the status of your perks if you change. You normally receive the perks that are in effect at the time of your most recent booking. Check with your TA, of Celebrity if you booked through them, before making any changes.

I believe you can if you don't have a group booking.

That is correct as Group Bookings are in a different department. However, you should ask your TA as sometimes they have cabins in a higher category and they may honor your request. Totally up to them.

Always worth a try - call Celebrity or your TA. Sometimes they might upgrade you (if the price of the cabin has gone down) or they may want to upsell you - you might pay a bit more, to get a much better cabin. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. We are new to Celebrity but not to cruising.

That is correct as Group Bookings are in a different department. However, you should ask your TA as sometimes they have cabins in a higher category and they may honor your request. Totally up to them.

I'm glad I saw this thread. We have an OV cabin and would like to upgrade to veranda without losing our perks. Final payment is tomorrow (6/27). Just email my TA at Celebrity. Will post the outcome when I hear from him.

We've done it many times ... many, many times. I call to make sure all my perks are still included and ask if there any additional costs associated with the upgrade.

I have heard from others that the new room must be at least $1 more than your current cabin ... I am not sure if that is true but have definitely had other passengers tell me that.

Unless you know your travel agent really well, I wouldn't email expecting them to keep an eye on pricing for you. I would check pricing and call / contact my travel agent when and if I have identified a big price drop. I have been pretty successful in paying very little more for some really great upgrades. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not ... but as others have said, never cancel and rebook after final payment... :o

So happy I asked. So many time I see a reduction and we could get a better cabin for little money but I never called. I alsways thought that once it is final payment date that's it. Believe it or not we are elite. Thanks very much.