Will fog delay the paradise today?

cntrydncr1

Both of our cruises on the Paradise were delayed by fog. You should receive a message soon, if you are affected. I'd recommend going to the port like usual, you may be able to check in and get your S&S card. Once that's done, you can always leave the building and return. The first time we had an affected cruise, we waited as long as we could at the hotel and when we got to the terminal at the port, we waited for a long time while the people who had already checked in came through the line to board the ship before we could even check in.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

US Coast Guard is reporting 1/4 mile visibility issues at the Sunshine Skyway urging extreme caution when transiting in the vicinity. This may delay Paradise slightly but not necessarily significantly and may impact their departure window later on today. It's a bit early in the fog season per se but will be ramping up soon.

right from John Heald's facebook page a couple minutes ago:

So the Port of Tampa is currently closed due to dense fog (zero visibility) therefore Carnival Paradise arrival today will be delayed until further notice. Carnival Paradise is currently standing by Tampa sea buoy until port re-opens.

I will keep you informed and please if you are cruising today sign up for the text alerts via the " manage my booking "

cheers and let's hope the fog dissapissatates (spelt correctly) soon...

The JH update is accurate as Paradise is at Station Keeping 2-miles west of the Skyway. Please note that when Paradise is given clearance to proceed to port that it will take 2+ hours to arrive, the ship will then need to be secured, cleared by customs BEFORE debark may begin that will take another 2-hours.

All-in-all a day for not only extended times, but extended patience for everyone sailing today.

thanks!! we will keep track on his page there. I can't even add the alerts now to my booking as the booking disappeared this morning!!

I cant access my booking to add SMS alerts. What is the number to ext and stuff, I could barely understand the recording i just got.

additionally, for those who paid for FTTF, will that be refunded?

Call Carnival. They should have access even if you don't.

additionally, for those who paid for FTTF, will that be refunded?

Why would it be? You will still benefit from FTTF. Just think of everything being pushed ahead 4 hours. For example, If the ship ports at 12 noon instead of 8AM. It will still take the same amount of time to debark and clean the staterooms. With FTTF you will still board after Weddings, Diamond and Platinum passenger and will be allow to go directly to your cabin. All other FTTF advantages will still be in place for use thru out the cruise.

Why would it be? You will still benefit from FTTF. Just think of everything being pushed ahead 4 hours. For example, If the ship ports at 12 noon instead of 8AM. It will still take the same amount of time to debark and clean the staterooms. With FTTF you will still board after Weddings, Diamond and Platinum passenger and will be allow to go directly to your cabin. All other FTTF advantages will still be in place for use thru out the cruise.

fair point

I'm not sure I'll ever convince my wife to cruise from Tampa again, at least not in the winter. Good luck to all, especially anyone returning and trying to make a flight!

If you're at the port, or will be soon, the pizza place (Precinct Pizza?) is good and there is a wine shop if you still need a carry-on bottle.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's been my experience, fog issues range from November to February. We were fog delayed on the Legend this past January.

By March, water and air temps are more aligned. :)

So important to build in time around embark and debark during the winter here in the Tampa area. There's always that chance for fog.....