Honeymoon Upgrade Question

My son and his fiancé are getting married in March. For their honeymoon they've decided on a 5 day cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. So they have booked an inside room. I'd like to upgrade them to a Grand Suite as a gift, but I'd like it to be a surprise. How would one go about doing something like that? If I have their reservation number, could I call RCCL to upgrade them? How would I keep it a surprise? I'm guessing I probably have to at least get my son in on it. Anyone here ever done anything like this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What a wonderful and generous gift! Probably worth calling RCCL and asking, even if you have to ask to speak to a supervisor to give you the help you need. Worst case, you can't keep the surprise, but no harm in trying. Suggest moving quickly so that you snag the suite before someone else does. Hope they have a spectacular honeymoon!

My son and his fiancé are getting married in March. For their honeymoon they've decided on a 5 day cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. So they have booked an inside room. I'd like to upgrade them to a Grand Suite as a gift, but I'd like it to be a surprise. How would one go about doing something like that? If I have their reservation number, could I call RCCL to upgrade them? How would I keep it a surprise? I'm guessing I probably have to at least get my son in on it. Anyone here ever done anything like this? Thanks in advance.

Not sure you can pull that off ,but Good Luck and what a nice thing to do! :)

Reader

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this for my grandson last year. It is not possible to keep it a secret as their cabin number is on the reservation and as previously stated, as soon as they go into the reservation. And you do need the reservation number. I told my grandson, I would pay off his cruise as our wedding present to them. (he had also booked an inside cabin).

I called, and spoke with a very nice and understanding representative, we wanted to upgraded them to a balcony cabin, add the gratuities and then pay it off .

You may get some flack since you are not on the reservation and probably do not have any authority to change the reservation.

After this was all taken care of, I called my grandson and let him know they were now going to be in a balcony cabin, his tips were included on his invoice and "Oh, by the way, it is paid off".

It is always nice when we can do something nice for our family.

Upgrade fairy probably can make it happen.....You can keep it a secret until about 3 days before the cruise.

You can call RCCL and tell them you would like to purchase the Grand Suite and then fully pay it off and then about 2 or 3 days before the cruise have RCCL call your Son and Daughter-in-Law and say guess what your Father paid for an upgrade for you to a Grand Suite. Happy HoneyMoon.

By doing it this way you still give RCCL the chance to sell the inside cabin they booked to someone else..........All RCCL had to do is say that inside cabin so and so will be available once you board the ship.

RCCL can work it out with you and make it happen. Keep calling until you climb the ladder and find someone that can make it happen.

Very nice gesture and RCCL can help you, just keep calling until you get the right person. You have some time as long as cabin availability is still there.

Which sail date is it? Would it happen to be the 26th?

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

I think your idea for an upgrade is lovely. Surprises are nice, but I would like to offer another choice.

Get a nice card and tell them you have upgraded them. I find that half of the enjoyment I get out of a cruise is the planning and anticipation. :rolleyes: JMHO

Upgrade fairy probably can make it happen.....You can keep it a secret until about 3 days before the cruise.

You can call RCCL and tell them you would like to purchase the Grand Suite and then fully pay it off and then about 2 or 3 days before the cruise have RCCL call your Son and Daughter-in-Law and say guess what your Father paid for an upgrade for you to a Grand Suite. Happy HoneyMoon.

By doing it this way you still give RCCL the chance to sell the inside cabin they booked to someone else..........All RCCL had to do is say that inside cabin so and so will be available once you board the ship.

RCCL can work it out with you and make it happen. Keep calling until you climb the ladder and find someone that can make it happen.

Very nice gesture and RCCL can help you, just keep calling until you get the right person. You have some time as long as cabin availability is still there.

Which sail date is it? Would it happen to be the 26th?

While it would be nice if something like this could happen I just can't see it.

Royal's system is far too automated. To hold a cabin it has to appear on a reservation with the correct names. The inside cabin in order for them to sell it can't be attached to any reservation. No way they will leave false information on the system and rely on something being written on a piece of paper entrusted to one individual to make the change just before sailing.

While it would be nice if something like this could happen I just can't see it.

Royal's system is far too automated. To hold a cabin it has to appear on a reservation with the correct names. The inside cabin in order for them to sell it can't be attached to any reservation. No way they will leave false information on the system and rely on something being written on a piece of paper entrusted to one individual to make the change just before sailing.

It can be done..it's not a big deal. People can upgrade at the pier when higher category cabins are available. People go to the Pier Coordinator and upgrade and then there is an empty cabin onboard.

With the OP it would mean even if RCCL doesn't sell the cabin, whats the big deal a inside cabin sails empty. I'm sure with this being a only a 5 day cruise cabins go empty all the time. Plus if something goes wrong with somebody elses cabin they have an extra cabin to move somebody too.

Royal can make it happen, just have to call and talk to the right person.

I would start here and call RCCL at the phone number on this link and see what they can do for you after you explain what you are trying to do.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/weddings/home.do?cS=NAVBAR

Good Luck

Edited by Jimbo

I think your idea for an upgrade is lovely. Surprises are nice, but I would like to offer another choice.

Get a nice card and tell them you have upgraded them. I find that half of the enjoyment I get out of a cruise is the planning and anticipation. :rolleyes: JMHO

Your idea is nice too, but really you aren't going to make your onboard activities or your off shore plans any different depending if you are in an inside cabin or a Grand Suite.

It can be done..it's not a big deal. People can upgrade at the pier when higher category cabins are available. People go to the Pier Coordinator and upgrade and then there is an empty cabin onboard.

With the OP it would mean even if RCCL doesn't sell the cabin, whats the big deal a inside cabin sails empty. I'm sure with this being a only a 5 day cruise cabins go empty all the time. Plus if something goes wrong with somebody elses cabin they have an extra cabin to move somebody too.

Royal can make it happen, just have to call and talk to the right person.

I would start here and call RCCL at the phone number on this link and see what they can do for you after you explain what you are trying to do.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/weddings/home.do?cS=NAVBAR

Good Luck

If you really think that Royal is going to sit on a cabin and not sell it or have it available for sale just so someone can arrange a surprise then I've got some land in Florida you might be interested in.

If you really think that Royal is going to sit on a cabin and not sell it or have it available for sale just so someone can arrange a surprise then I've got some land in Florida you might be interested in.

Yup, I do it's a $600 cabin they can easily sell last minute. It's leaving from Florida. People sail from Florida all the time like that.

It's cheaper then staying in a hotel room for 5 days in Florida.