Best dessert on NCL???

GrandmaHofmann

My favorite is the cheesecake. I don't really like any of the buffet desserts on NCL other than the cookies. Some of them look ok, but I don't find the taste to be worth the calories. I'd rather wait for Blue Lagoon cheesecake or the ice cream bar by the pool.

In general, NCL dessert aren't very good. The chocolate buffet looks good, but isn't really worth eating.

Try the made to order crepes at the buffet, then add some soft serve ice cream. I enjoyed those.

The chilled fruit soup that I eat/drink for an appetizer also makes a great dessert.

In the line of baked stuff, I'll take a slice of pound cake and do a job on it at the self-serve soft ice cream machine, ha!

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

Agree with most who say the desserts on NCL are not the best, but if the happen to offer it in the Italian restaurant, the chocolate apricot torte is unusual and very tasty IMHO. DDP says his favorite dessert is the watermelon feta salad!:eek::D

I thought the bread and butter pudding with caramel sauce on the Jewel last week was outstanding. The key lime pie was very good too, but I only saw it one night.

Edited by sdmike

I was not impressed at all with the desserts in the MDR on the Star. The chocoholic buffet was good and some of the desserts in the late night market cafe were good. I don't recall a standard dessert like on Carnival. I read review about many enjoying the desserts at the specialty restaurants however we only ate in the MDR.

A fresh hot fruit crepe from the buffet, apple with caramel sauce. And if you are close enough to the hard ice cream then A scoop on top to finish it off.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Edited by fergusonvt