Carnival cancels Splendor out of NY

spaden

Just need to vent. Booked the Splendor out of New York a couple months ago for a very cheap 8 day cruise For Nov. 2014. We got an email today from Carnival stating it has now been cancelled due to repostioning Splendor to Miami. It leaves Nov 1 for a one-way to San Juan and then will reposition to Miami. DARN! I was actually looking forward to this.

This is the danger of booking over a year in advance I guess. We now have to find a similiar cruise. On the plus side, the letter did state for us to call them and they will work with us and it seems to even say if we book a silimar cruise with similar accomadations that they will keep our price, which would be awesome. We originally booked the 8 day cruise, with an inside cabin for $349 or close to that. We will see. We wil see.

If Splendor is leaving what is taking its place? Is Carnival going to sail out of NY anymore? Does anyone know?

omg, I just scared myself.. lmfao.. for some weird reason and don't ask my brain why. I was thinking this was before our cruise which is in oct. was about ready to go to my email and then it hit me your cruise is after ours lol.

strange as I was looking at cruises for 2015 as my daughter wants to go on one and the splendor was still showing out of NY. wonder who will replace, maybe the glory will be put back. that would be cool, I want to try and take cruises on diff ships. lol.

when our Sunshine cruise was cancelled, our credit was transferred no problems.

For the OP about the price guarantee, be aware that for us, it had to be a cruise of EXACTLY the same length, and CCL doesn't offer any other 14 day cruises. They wouldn't even let us transfer it to a B2B.

For the OP about the price guarantee, be aware that for us, it had to be a cruise of EXACTLY the same length, and CCL doesn't offer any other 14 day cruises. They wouldn't even let us transfer it to a B2B.

We were also going on the April 11 cancelled Sunshine cruise! We were able to get on the Norwegian cruise out of Barcelona on April 17. Great trip,but what a mess that cancellation created!We used our cruise credit to cruise with Carnival to Alaska this past September.

I noticed that you have done cruises with MSC. We are scheduled to cruise with them in May out of Venice. Could you tell me your experience with them. We have cruised with Costa in the Med before and loved both trips.

We lost 4 cruises and I am waiting for a callback to reschedule.

We were on the 8 day NY to San Juan 1/12/15; the 8 days from San Juan to NY 1/20/15; and then 2 8 days round trips from NY 1/28/15 & 2/5/15

I have to rebook 4 cruises. It shouldn't make a difference I we will probably do 4 from Miami instead... I do think I will probably be on the phone for a bit today.

I tried to bring up the new cruises on the website, but the old one way cruises on 1/12/15 and 1/20/15 are the only ones showing for the Splendor in Jan-Feb 2015 so I will probably have to wait for them to return my call.

So we get $50/person X 4 cruises and price protection. That is $400 in our pocket, and we fly to Miami instead of snowy NY - I don't see any negatives here.

The said "exotic Western and exotic Eastern," so maybe we will have some new places to go

Wow! I hope they replace her! It would really stink if Carnival stopped sailing from Boston, Baltimore AND New York.

I was actually looking at a cruise on the Splendor in January 2015 that went from San Juan to New York. I still see it on the site, so I guess they haven't updated it yet.

That does not surprise me. My DW is willing to fight to get it. We are currently looking to maybe transfer to a 7-day out of Baltimore in Oct. One of the last one's before Carnvial leaves Baltimore. We liked that we are close to several ports and could choose from those ports. We love Carnival but they keep leaving the NE we will simply travel with RCCL. We like them also. I am not picky I just want to be on a cruise.

Wow! I hope they replace her! It would really stink if Carnival stopped sailing from Boston, Baltimore AND New York.

I was actually looking at a cruise on the Splendor in January 2015 that went from San Juan to New York. I still see it on the site, so I guess they haven't updated it yet.

I am guessing that Carnival is learning that they are not making enough money doing winter cruises out of NYC and will out sail out in NYC in the Spring/Summer/Fall seasons.

We were on the 8 day NY to San Juan 1/12/15; the 8 days from San Juan to NY 1/20/15;

Your 2nd leg of the cruise shouldn't have been allowed in the first place..... PVSA:confused:

Your 2nd leg of the cruise shouldn't have been allowed in the first place..... PVSA:confused:

Mute point at this juncture - I won't argue the point with you, obviously that statement was made for just such purpose.

So my PVP called back, and all prices are protected, they are getting the cruises in place and we will have the cheap price protected, our FCC go with the reservation, no problem, and we add $100/cabin OBC for $400 in our pocket. We fly to Miami instead of NY which is nicer in the winter.

The ship is empty at this point so our favorite cabin is reserved for 4 cruises, as it was before.

We are happy campers and $400 richer - it is a good day. We are on the ship for 28 days instead of 32 (the NY ones were 8 day cruises and now they will be doing 7's) That doesn't make a difference to us, we are diamond so it is not like days matter anymore.

We paid $399/person for our OV wrap, so now that applies to the 4 cruises out of Miami. I would say it is a pretty good deal for us.

huh I am on the cruise til Nov. 1st. Starting Oct24th. Must be the last cruise. I never received an e-mail. Because if it is going to Miami I will stay on it instead of getting off in San Juan.

If you are planning a B2B cruising NYC-SJU then SJU-MIA it's not gonna happen. Violation of the PVSA.

Conquest had a similar routing from NOLA.

Wait, Im booked on the November 1st leaving from San Juan back to NY and I havent gotten any notice. I just sent an email to my PVP. I did check my booking and its no longer coming up on Carnival.com though :mad:

Just did a mock booking. The cruise from San Juan to NYC that leaves Nov. 1st is still available. Not sure if the info on this thread is accurate.

I got the letter for our back to back in January 2015 and both were cancelled. :( Just off the phone with Carnival to see what our options were for the same time frame and the girl that answered my call said that she was unaware and had not received notification yet. Hoping we can book something on her out of Miami after she repositions.

Bummer. I was planning on booking the Jan 12, 2015 Splendor sailing when I am on Splendor this Jan 20, 2014. This looked like a great sailing. A one way from NYC and ending in San Juan. It had some good Caribbean ports I have not been to yet.

Hopefully they put another ship in but it does not look like it.:(

I got the letter for our back to back in January 2015 and both were cancelled. :( Just off the phone with Carnival to see what our options were for the same time frame and the girl that answered my call said that she was unaware and had not received notification yet. Hoping we can book something on her out of Miami after she repositions.

Yes, that is what our PVP said, they have to cancel all the bookings, and do a mass refund before it will let the system start to rebook people. Our PVP will call when the process is ready to transfer.

Since we had a B2B2B2B (4 cruises in a row) we plan to just move those 4 cruises over to the Miami Splendor trips in about the same time frame. The new cruises will be 7 days instead of 8, and the ports are not yet in place.

Our PVP said later today everything should be ready to move. For us, we spend Jan and through Superbowl on ships every year, so we don't care as long as it meets that criteria. We get away from cold weather in the North.

Flight won't be a problem, because you can't book until 330 days out on Delta, so there is no flights involved at this point.

Edited by 13607

Just did a mock booking. The cruise from San Juan to NYC that leaves Nov. 1st is still available. Not sure if the info on this thread is accurate.

Given the number of people getting cancellation notices, I'd suspect that the information that posters have is correct.

I just did a search of CCL's site and while the couple San Juan 8 legs are still coming up, there isn't anything roundtrip from NYC after October. I was just looking at the rates for next Christmas two days ago--now there is nothing.

When you search by ship after October, the only things that come up for Splendor are the NYC-->San Juan and San Juan-->NYC cruises in the fall and January.