Amex-WLCL Offer Returns

joepeka

I noticed this posted on another CC board and did not see it here so I'll pass along. It looks like Amex and Worlds Leading Cruise Lines will be making another offer like the one they did late last year: spend $500 on your Amex card toward a cruise on most of the more popular WLCL lines (including Carnival) and get a $100 statement credit. Here's the link:

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html

That dates that it runs are 7/5/2017 through 12/31/2017. I don't see the offer on any of our Amex cards yet but it could be because the offer start isn't until 7/5.

Thanks for the heads up.

From last time does anyone know if On Board Charges counted towards the $500? I have a cruise paid in full -- so just tips & perhaps a drink package to any for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the heads up.

From last time does anyone know if On Board Charges counted towards the $500? I have a cruise paid in full -- so just tips & perhaps a drink package to any for.

From what I understood and saw from others posts last time it goes for anything that comes up as a charge on your card for Carnival, Princess, Cunard, Holland or Seabourn as a $500+ single charge it qualifies but each card can only use the promo once. If you and your wife/husband each have a card with seperate names but same accounts then you can sign each card up for the promo deal and when you make one $500+ charge on the cards American Exp. i guess credits your account $100 for each card as long as each card makes a $500+ charge that shows it coming from those cruise lines.

So the charge has to be at least one for $500? I might have one for $150; and another couple for $100 each (tips for people). So not one charge for $500 -- but a series of charges that add up to $500.

Would that work?

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't think so. It has to show up as Carnival Reservations. Onboard charges don't count. Here's a snippet from the disclaimer:

Excludes the following brands: Costa, P&OCruises, P&O Australia, Aida and Fathom. Excludes onboard purchases,transfers and transportation to the ship, gift and services, full ship charters,Base Camp at Denali Park (Holland America), McKinley Chalet Resort (HollandAmerica), Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Special events in CulinaryArts, Digital Workshops, Special Entertainment Venues, Cancellation ProtectionPlan (Holland America), formalwear rentals and charitable donations. Excludesgift cards. Excludes the following if not booked at time of reservation:airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, prepaid food/beverage programs,prepaid gratuities, prepaid wi-fi packages, spa packages, photo & videopackages, onboard celebrations, luggage valet services, Travel Insurance,Vacation Protection, motorcoach program, charters, meetings and incentive bookings. onboard purchases, transfers and transportation to the ship, gift and services, full ship charters, Base Camp at Denali Park (Holland America), McKinley Chalet Resort (Holland America), Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Special events in

I knew it.... your real name is Pat Benatar, right?? If so, then I think you can probably afford to buy me a cruise too!!

Well I'm a lot younger and a lot poorer so I'm not buying anyone a cruise. Matter of fact, I might just have to start accepting applications for a Sugar Daddy to support my cruising habit! :halo::'):p

Awesome...we were able to take advantage of this offer last time it was offered on both my and DH card (authorized user on my card with his own acct)...made 2 $500 payments and got $200 statement credit on AMEX.

Awesome...we were able to take advantage of this offer last time it was offered on both my and DH card (authorized user on my card with his own acct)...made 2 $500 payments and got $200 statement credit on AMEX.

I added my 2 DS as Authorized Users and now have 3 Amex cards! Gotta love saving 20%!

It might work if you prepay $500 onto your account before you get on the ship. When you prepay things it does show as carnival reservations on your statement.

But last time, I kept meaning to access the offer but it wasn't obvious to me. Our amex is with a bank. Like it is Amex but has the name of the bank on the top. Anyone know can we still access the offer?

So the charge has to be at least one for $500? I might have one for $150; and another couple for $100 each (tips for people). So not one charge for $500 -- but a series of charges that add up to $500.

Would that work?

Yes, a series of charges should trigger the rebate.

I was going to ask if i have a deposit paid on my cruise, if i pay the balance and it adds up to the fivehundred or more, would that count, and give me the credit on my statement.

Then, I read the offer. It states that you have to BOOK between 7/5 (which we all know is tomorrow) and 12/31. It doesnt say you have to cruise between those dates. It says if your cruise is booked between those dates... so i guess that leaves me out. I already booked over a month ago:(.... am i understanding this correctly? Is there a way to get around this ? And since my cruise isn't paid in full yet, will that make a difference> thanks

I was going to ask if i have a deposit paid on my cruise, if i pay the balance and it adds up to the fivehundred or more, would that count, and give me the credit on my statement.

Then, I read the offer. It states that you have to BOOK between 7/5 (which we all know is tomorrow) and 12/31. It doesnt say you have to cruise between those dates. It says if your cruise is booked between those dates... so i guess that leaves me out. I already booked over a month ago:(.... am i understanding this correctly? Is there a way to get around this ? And since my cruise isn't paid in full yet, will that make a difference> thanks

No you don't have to book a new cruise. I thought the same thing last time and used it no problem. Just add the offer to your card if it doesn't show up tomorrow and then pay online or by calling Carnival. As long as it's paid directly to them you will get the credit.

No you don't have to book a new cruise. I thought the same thing last time and used it no problem. Just add the offer to your card if it doesn't show up tomorrow and then pay online or by calling Carnival. As long as it's paid directly to them you will get the credit.

thank you... sorry for all the posts on this... i just posted the same question on another thread:o