Amex-WLCL Offer Returns

joepeka

I actually used it this past time and applied the payment to the same booked cruise I have going on now... I know too long between cruises! But simply yes it I did get it last time it was offered and now.

Also the link when you hover 'add to card' is wlcl.com/amex but that doesn't help much since you can't get it added to the card. Otherwise like others mentioned it was just a pop-up basically saying it was added with the details that were shown before.

Everyone who didn't see it, check again.

My authorized user cards for my sons did not have the offer. As soon as I redeemed the offer on my husband's and my cards, the offer showed up for my sons' cards.

As for the time frame of the cruise. I have found that even though my cruises were booked outside of the stated window, that the offer still paid.

The question I do have is: I now only owe $118 on one of my cruises. Has anyone found if you made several payments that added up to $500+ that it still paid out?

What about excursion payments (I know it doesn't say that, but has anyone found otherwise to be true?)

Thanks,

Which brings me to my next question. For those of you that used the LINK that was posted last time because the offer wasn't in your account, did you get an offer this time? Also for the same people, did you try the old link and see where it was already redeemed? That's what it said for me.

Now for those that don't know of the link from before, who didn't have it on their cards as an offer, or didn't add it to your card from the link, what do you get when you click through this link and log in? https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action/LogonHandler?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_US&DestPage=https%3A%2F%2Fonline.americanexpress.com%2Fmyca%2Faccountsummary%2Fus%2Faccounthome%3Frequest_type%3Dauthreg_acctAccountSummary%26Face%3Den_US%26ViewName%3DOffersDetails%26lgnsrc%3Damexoffers%26ContentSrcID%3Duuu8yPGtXSGCaDNuR%252Bd3sw%253D%253D%26v2

Trying to determine if they aren't letting the people that took advantage of it last time do it again this time.

Says sorry the offer you selected is no longer available

Everyone who didn't see it, check again.

My authorized user cards for my sons did not have the offer. As soon as I redeemed the offer on my husband's and my cards, the offer showed up for my sons' cards.

As for the time frame of the cruise. I have found that even though my cruises were booked outside of the stated window, that the offer still paid.

The question I do have is: I now only owe $118 on one of my cruises. Has anyone found if you made several payments that added up to $500+ that it still paid out?

What about excursion payments (I know it doesn't say that, but has anyone found otherwise to be true?)

Thanks,

I'm guessing Yes - as long as you have $500 total between 7/5 - 12/31 you'll get the $100 back - Everything has to be from Carnival booking though so I'm not sure about Onboard expenses... Not sure how they appear on the card.

Any one else have experiences with onboard charges and the credit?

I did not have an AMEX card. So I applied and received a large line and $250 off $1000 in first three months.

Here's my question, I have a large balance due on my cruise, $3900. If I make a payment when I get my card of $1000, I get $250. If I wait a month or two and make another payment, would I get the $100 offer too?

Not greedy, just wise.

I did not have an AMEX card. So I applied and received a large line and $250 off $1000 in first three months.

Here's my question, I have a large balance due on my cruise, $3900. If I make a payment when I get my card of $1000, I get $250. If I wait a month or two and make another payment, would I get the $100 offer too?

Not greedy, just wise.

I paid an existing reservation on the last offer and still got the credit.

Not greedy, just wise.

I am going to say "yes" to your question. Just make sure you do not add the offer to your new Amex card before you make that initial $1000 payment on the cruise - wait until afterward otherwise the $100 credit will go against the $1000 and you won't be able to use it again.

Not greedy, just wise.

No. These are offer specfic. You have to add the offer to the particular card and then make the payment. If they have another offer, you can do it again. As an example, the last time they had the offer, it ended 4/30/17. So it was a couple of months before they had it again. If you have a cruise planned long out, and you can add the offer through two offer periods, then yes you can get the deal again, but this one expires 12/31/17, so it won't be offered again until sometime after it has expired.

If you have authorized users on your card, you have to make an account for them, and then add the offer to their cards as well. I learned the hard way that any offers do not repeat on cards on the same account unless they are specifically added.

Hope this helps,

PS. which Amex did you get? The $250 offer sounds like it might be blue cash, and that usually is not available for these cruise line offers.Neither is the Delta Amex...

Just to clarify for people you can go online to your AMEX account and request an additional cards for authorized users and instead of putting your spouse or your kids or any other random person you can actually request a second card in your own name - I have 5 cards with my name on it - If you call them to request it they will tell you that you can't do it which is why you do it online - I did this and was able to take advantage of the deal multiple times - It actually started as an accident as I was just going to order a card in my name on my husbands account but I had accidentally logged into my own account

No. These are offer specfic. You have to add the offer to the particular card and then make the payment. If they have another offer, you can do it again. As an example, the last time they had the offer, it ended 4/30/17. So it was a couple of months before they had it again. If you have a cruise planned long out, and you can add the offer through two offer periods, then yes you can get the deal again, but this one expires 12/31/17, so it won't be offered again until sometime after it has expired.

If you have authorized users on your card, you have to make an account for them, and then add the offer to their cards as well. I learned the hard way that any offers do not repeat on cards on the same account unless they are specifically added.

Hope this helps,

PS. which Amex did you get? The $250 offer sounds like it might be blue cash, and that usually is not available for these cruise line offers.Neither is the Delta Amex...

I think what the person you and I quoted was saying is:

1. I just got a new Amex card that rebates $250 for the first $1000 spend so I want to pay $1000 against my existing cruise booking to get the $250 rebate. This is without attempting to use the AMEX-WLCL offer.

2. IF the Amex-WLCL is made available to the card, add it subsequent to the $1000 payment and then (in a month or so perhaps) make another $500 payment on that existing cruise and get the $100 credit.

Perhaps I didn't understand that poster completely but I think this is what he/she asked and I think it will work (providing the WLCL offer is made available to her new card and she doesn't use it for the initial $1000 Carnival charge).

For those who got the offer, can you share which AMEX card you have that has the offer? Since mine never gets these offers, I am going to get a new AMEX card and want to see which one is most likely to get these offers. TIA.

Blue cash everyday.

It was there on the last offer. I did not see it presently, but when I used the filters and put in travel, it was listed there.

I think what the person you and I quoted was saying is:

1. I just got a new Amex card that rebates $250 for the first $1000 spend so I want to pay $1000 against my existing cruise booking to get the $250 rebate. This is without attempting to use the AMEX-WLCL offer.

2. IF the Amex-WLCL is made available to the card, add it subsequent to the $1000 payment and then (in a month or so perhaps) make another $500 payment on that existing cruise and get the $100 credit.

Perhaps I didn't understand that poster completely but I think this is what he/she asked and I think it will work (providing the WLCL offer is made available to her new card and she doesn't use it for the initial $1000 Carnival charge).

The OP should be fine .... the WLCL credit only works if you add it to the card. I'd charge the $1000 and get the $250 ... then add the offer to the card and charge another $500 payment on amex for the cruise to get the $100 credit.

So there's nothing at the top of the computer in the browser? Just trying to explore it from every possible angle since the other way isn't bringing it up.

I also have the Delta Platinum without the offer.

I would suggest applying for the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express" with no annual fee.

It should arrive within a week and you can add users.

I received the offer last year and again this week on the card, got 4 between my wife and I.

Edited by martinchem

Just to clarify for people you can go online to your AMEX account and request an additional cards for authorized users and instead of putting your spouse or your kids or any other random person you can actually request a second card in your own name - I have 5 cards with my name on it - If you call them to request it they will tell you that you can't do it which is why you do it online - I did this and was able to take advantage of the deal multiple times - It actually started as an accident as I was just going to order a card in my name on my husbands account but I had accidentally logged into my own account

Came here to say this!

I'm not sure if anyone has already said this, but I was actually able to get $1000 refunded to various cards and then re-pay with my 2 AMEX to get $200 back last time. You just call Carnival, tell them you want to use the AMEX offer so if they could please refund $500 and you'll immediately pay back with your AMEX on the call. Worked like a charm.

Okay so I've put my toe in the water, trying to utilize this offer for the remaining balance on a reservation originally booked last year. I received the email confirmation - awaiting the credit.

The thing that stinks is that I was able to add it last time to all 3 of my Platinum Delta Skymiles cards even though I didn't have the offer.

Yeah it does kind of stink but folks who were able to make it available last time, did so through an Amex back door which apparently they've closed this time around. :mad: