Amex-WLCL Offer Returns

joepeka

Thanks for the heads-up. I was going to try to do it with my spouse's card, but now I'll wait to see if anyone else tries it and is successful with it despite the change in terms.

Okay, but he didn't specifically say that the terms have changed?

Did you have the offer added on both cards before you made the $500 payment on one card and it then disappeared from the saved offers on card number 2?

I was able to add the offer on my card and my wife's card, just like in the past, but have not called to redeem one yet.

We received our credits this morning as well - 1 account (Blue Everyday) - 2 Cards (Mine - My Wife) - Offers appeared on the listing for both cards - added them and made separate $500 payments on my cruise - Got back 2 / $100 credits this morning!

Hopefully everyone else can get the offer added it's a great deal!

Did you have the offer added on both cards before you made the $500 payment on one card and it then disappeared from the saved offers on card number 2?

I was able to add the offer on my card and my wife's card, just like in the past, but have not called to redeem one yet.

I actually added the offer to all 4 of our cards, all w/ separate logins. I did this and used it the last go round. After I used the 1st one, it disappeared for the other 3 cards. I will look for this again and try later on for the other cards since it appears that others are able to take advantage of it on multiple cards. It never can hurt to try.

Has anyone this time around had any luck using the offer making multiple smaller payments to equal $500?

I need to only pay gratuities on one cruise, plus get my self the soda package, and can pay down another cruise we have booked.

Thanks,

Donna

They made a change to the "terms" of the offer this go round ...

You can ONLY use the offer ONCE with each ACCOUNT. Not once per card holder like last time.

It showed in our offers this time. Last time we had to do an online chat and get the rep to add it b/c it wasn't showing.

That is not true seeing as I have mine and my husband's (hes an au on my account) both showing $100 credit for each of our $500 charges...

That's the card I have and yes, I did get the offer. Added it on 07/05. Paid $500 toward an existing balance on 07/05. Got the $100 credit back this AM.

However, after getting the $100 back ... the offer did not show on our other cards. Hence my asking the guy in chat this AM, who sent me the language stating that it was redeemable 1x PER ACCOUNT, not card.

This is incorrect. All four of my cards on the same account had the offer. I've successfully redeemed on two so far...

Does anyone know if this offer works if you are billed $500 or more from Carnival because of the $$$ spent on a cruise?

My cruise is already paid off.

It does not. It has to be from the Reservations department. Onboard spending does not get billed that way.

Just wanted to show that you can in fact use the deal multiple times on your multiple authorized user cards. The one time per card is not true. Likely that was from an amex rep who didn't really understand how their offers work.

amex.JPG.504110d39f4069eae9419dea001c86c7.JPG

I wouldn't try it. Maybe cruise cash might work?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I definitely wouldn't try that as it's non refundable and if it doesn't work you are stuck. This is from the last time this offer came around and why I think it won't work. At least I wouldn't be brave enough to try it.

81cb48f0f99d8303717ce559b485da80.png

I have never seen that offer. I always check mine. I think it depends on which type of Amex card you have....Gold, Platinum, etc. and who sponsors your card if any, such as Delta. I am a retailer and and had no idea how many different kinds iof just Visa cards there are until I started accepting them. On any given month my statement shows that we accepted over 30 different types of credit cards.

So everyone who has an Amex card is not receiving this offer.

I noticed this posted on another CC board and did not see it here so I'll pass along.

Thank you for sharing the information. I hardly read through the AMEX offers and when I do I always see one that I could have used. I would have missed this one as well.

If you have authorized users on your card, you have to make an account for them, and then add the offer to their cards as well. I learned the hard way that any offers do not repeat on cards on the same account unless they are specifically added./quote]

Ok - just want to make sure I understand. My daughter and husband are aurthorized users on my account. My husband is already set up that he has his own online access. I would have to do the same for my daughter to make sure she gets the offer. She just booked a carnival cruise onboard her honeymoon cruise last week and would like to offer this to her.

Thanks,

OK. So after getting transferred twice, I was told by the first and last people that the offer is available on all types of cards. It's not limited to a certain number of offers and they are unable to manually load it at this time. I was told to give it a few more days because the emails are being sent out in batches. If I don't get one by Monday, then he gave me the number to the Promotions Department to call and see how to go about getting it added. I guess I wait and see. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to book anything.

Same here. I have Delta AMX. Last time this was offered I was able to chat with customer service and they added the offer to my account as I did not have it. I didn't have it again checking today. I got bounced around to 4 departments asking if they could again "offer" me this. I was able to get a great supervisor who said book it (even though I am just going to make another $500 payment) and call her and she would manually credit me $100. So be persistent. I do see others saying maybe offer is still coming. But be persistent. $100 is $100.

If you have authorized users on your card, you have to make an account for them, and then add the offer to their cards as well. I learned the hard way that any offers do not repeat on cards on the same account unless they are specifically added./quote]

Ok - just want to make sure I understand. My daughter and husband are aurthorized users on my account. My husband is already set up that he has his own online access. I would have to do the same for my daughter to make sure she gets the offer. She just booked a carnival cruise onboard her honeymoon cruise last week and would like to offer this to her.

Thanks,

Yes; she will have to have an online account to add the offer.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the offer on my Platinum Business Card today. I added the offer, but don't want to make a payment on the cruise yet. It isn't supposed to expire until December. That shouldn't be a problem, correct? The offer stays on my account??

I have the offer on my Platinum Business Card today. I added the offer, but don't want to make a payment on the cruise yet. It isn't supposed to expire until December. That shouldn't be a problem, correct? The offer stays on my account??

Yes. It will stay there until you use it or it expires.

I've used this offer once about 6 or 9 months ago, don't see another new offer in my AMEX "benefits" package. I have 3 new cruises booked, and it would be nice to use the offer multiple times on different sail dates or cruiselines.

Oh well, at least there's Carnival gift cards at 10% discount from Verizon Wireless (until Oct 31) and AARP.

I've used this offer once about 6 or 9 months ago, don't see another new offer in my AMEX "benefits" package. I have 3 new cruises booked, and it would be nice to use the offer multiple times on different sail dates or cruiselines.

Oh well, at least there's Carnival gift cards at 10% discount from Verizon Wireless (until Oct 31) and AARP.

I've noticed within the last week that AARP is sold out and Verizon doesn't appear to have the e-gift cards available (although I got one about 10 days ago) just the physical cards. :( Since Verizon is shutting down the current rewards program, I wonder if it's a case of "once they're gone, they're gone for good" and they won't be making them available again prior to 11/1?