Amex-WLCL Offer Returns

joepeka

so, here I am again... still not sure about this.. so here it goes...

I put my deposit down over a month ago... If I pay my balance, it will be over the 500 needed for the credit. However, it will only be 300 since the offer. With my deposit before the offer, and my balance totaling the 500+ will I get the credit, or do I need to spend another 200 on the card now to make the 500 total after the offer? I actually have had this offer before, but didn't take advantage of it on the last time it was out. I am thinking of calling if they don't give me the credit to see if they will add it...

so, here I am again... still not sure about this.. so here it goes...

I put my deposit down over a month ago... If I pay my balance, it will be over the 500 needed for the credit. However, it will only be 300 since the offer. With my deposit before the offer, and my balance totaling the 500+ will I get the credit, or do I need to spend another 200 on the card now to make the 500 total after the offer? I actually have had this offer before, but didn't take advantage of it on the last time it was out. I am thinking of calling if they don't give me the credit to see if they will add it...

Your new charge will need to be $500 or more.

I'm going to call later since my earlier attempt at chat was futile. I was hoping it would have been as simple as clicking the link others posted, signing in, and adding it to my cards like before. Apparently not [emoji35].

I know this post was last night but did you have any success in calling today?

I know this post was last night but did you have any success in calling today?

I haven't had a chance yet. I'm puppy sitting a friend's puppy as of 8pm last night while he is out of town and was trying to get him settled in. Depending on how he and my dog are acting tonight when I get home, I plan to call. We are having a little territory issue at the present time. I will post as soon as I have news I promise.

I haven't had a chance yet. I'm puppy sitting a friend's puppy as of 8pm last night while he is out of town and was trying to get him settled in. Depending on how he and my dog are acting tonight when I get home, I plan to call. We are having a little territory issue at the present time. I will post as soon as I have news I promise.

Understood. I guess you and the puppy are both pretty territorial. ;)

OK. So after getting transferred twice, I was told by the first and last people that the offer is available on all types of cards. It's not limited to a certain number of offers and they are unable to manually load it at this time. I was told to give it a few more days because the emails are being sent out in batches. If I don't get one by Monday, then he gave me the number to the Promotions Department to call and see how to go about getting it added. I guess I wait and see. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to book anything.

OK. So after getting transferred twice, I was told by the first and last people that the offer is available on all types of cards. It's not limited to a certain number of offers and they are unable to manually load it at this time. I was told to give it a few more days because the emails are being sent out in batches. If I don't get one by Monday, then he gave me the number to the Promotions Department to call and see how to go about getting it added. I guess I wait and see. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to book anything.

That at least sounds somewhat promising. I do get those "offers" emails from Amex and I look at all of them but have never yet seen a single cruise line related offer mentioned. So I guess I'm skeptical about their emails comment.... hopefully my skepticism is unfounded in your case. :)

That at least sounds somewhat promising. I do get those "offers" emails from Amex and I look at all of them but have never yet seen a single cruise line related offer mentioned. So I guess I'm skeptical about their emails comment.... hopefully my skepticism is unfounded in your case. :)

I'm willing to wager that I have to call back Monday :mad:.

Thanks for the info...I don't use my AE card very often and I don't think about checking the offers (I just did and added the offer to my card) but I will make a $500 payment with it on my upcoming cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't find the offer on either of my AMEX cards. hmmm. Is it something you have to specifically request?

I just checked the offers tab when I logged into my account and it was the first offer listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They made a change to the "terms" of the offer this go round ...

You can ONLY use the offer ONCE with each ACCOUNT. Not once per card holder like last time.

It showed in our offers this time. Last time we had to do an online chat and get the rep to add it b/c it wasn't showing.

If you have success getting it added, please come back and let us know which number to call. (yn)(yn)

If you have success getting it added, please come back and let us know which number to call. (yn)(yn)

It's the Promotions Team at 1-800-297-7500 if anyone wants to take a stab at it. But I will report back Monday as well. Checked today, and still no email and still no offer. I may just have to apply for another card. I was thinking about the Blue Cash Everyday card (the no annual fee card). Anyone with that one get the offer?

It's the Promotions Team at 1-800-297-7500 if anyone wants to take a stab at it. But I will report back Monday as well. Checked today, and still no email and still no offer. I may just have to apply for another card. I was thinking about the Blue Cash Everyday card (the no annual fee card). Anyone with that one get the offer?

That's the card I have and yes, I did get the offer. Added it on 07/05. Paid $500 toward an existing balance on 07/05. Got the $100 credit back this AM.

However, after getting the $100 back ... the offer did not show on our other cards. Hence my asking the guy in chat this AM, who sent me the language stating that it was redeemable 1x PER ACCOUNT, not card.

That's the card I have and yes, I did get the offer. Added it on 07/05. Paid $500 toward an existing balance on 07/05. Got the $100 credit back this AM.

However, after getting the $100 back ... the offer did not show on our other cards. Hence my asking the guy in chat this AM, who sent me the language stating that it was redeemable 1x PER ACCOUNT, not card.

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

They made a change to the "terms" of the offer this go round ... You can ONLY use the offer ONCE with each ACCOUNT. Not once per card holder like last time.

Thanks for the heads-up. I was going to try to do it with my spouse's card, but now I'll wait to see if anyone else tries it and is successful with it despite the change in terms.

That's the card I have and yes, I did get the offer. Added it on 07/05. Paid $500 toward an existing balance on 07/05. Got the $100 credit back this AM. However, after getting the $100 back ... the offer did not show on our other cards. Hence my asking the guy in chat this AM, who sent me the language stating that it was redeemable 1x PER ACCOUNT, not card.
Okay, but he didn't specifically say that the terms have changed?

I ask because there may be another reason why the offer vanished for your second card: The offer itself is quantity limited. Word got around very fast this time and so I suspect a lot of folks grabbed the offer right up front. I wonder if the offer has been withdrawn from certain market segments because the allowed number of card holders in that segment have already added the offer to their cards.

Did you have the offer added on both cards before you made the $500 payment on one card and it then disappeared from the saved offers on card number 2?

I was able to add the offer on my card and my wife's card, just like in the past, but have not called to redeem one yet.