Big News about All You Can Drink Package

Frugalist

We're on the Royal now. Heard from a bartender last night and just confirmed with Passenger Services:

Starting with this cruise, if you want to buy the $49/day unlimited drink package, it is NO LONGER REQUIRED that all of the adults in your stateroom buy the package! I know this will make a lot of you very happy!

We're on the Royal now. Heard from a bartender last night and just confirmed with Passenger Services:

Starting with this cruise, if you want to buy the $49/day unlimited drink package, it is NO LONGER REQUIRED that all of the adults in your stateroom buy the package! I know this will make a lot of you very happy!

Another can of Princess worms ....... So those with larceny in their hearts will share a card.

Ok everyone lets all start posting how easy it is to get multiple people drinks by purchasing only one drink package. I ll start just off the Royal with a party of 8 and only I bought a drink package but I was, oh you know the rest. Keep those posts coming so Princess can change the rule.

And those with spouses that do not drink may participate honestly.

Thanks 'frugalist' for the initial post.....very interesting.

I for one might now consider buying the package (and use it honestly) as my partner, Sally, drinks very little alcohol.

Pete

Thank you for taking the time to share the nice update! I am in a situation where I drink alcoholic beverages and my husband might have a glass of wine with dinner. This is a great update for us. I still might just think about getting the alcohol package, as it may not even be worth it for me to get it. :)

Thanks for posting. This will make a big difference to a lot of people and bring them inline with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Sure some people are theives and will cheat but I'm sure they can probably sell more packages to make up for it.

Thanks 'frugalist' for the initial post.....very interesting.

I for one might now consider buying the package (and use it honestly) as my partner, Sally, drinks very little alcohol.

Pete

It's also good for specialty coffees, tea, hot chocolate, sodas, juices, smoothies and gelato. So, it isn't just for alcoholic beverages.

You guys are really something else. I'm sorry I wasted my vacation time posting. Now to get back to my cruise.

Thank you for sharing the info, but I do see problems arising from this decision.

You guys are really something else. I'm sorry I wasted my vacation time posting. Now to get back to my cruise.

NO!!!! :eek:

I was waiting and hoping for you to post!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it! (Your cruise, not the liquor package.) ;)

It's 11 degrees (Fahrenheit) here and I'm living vicariously through you! :D

Edited by chamima

Wow!!! Good news for us. We will each purchase a package because we love to sit quietly in the lounges and toast to a great cruise. Taking turns holds absolutely no appeal to me! But the other couple we are traveling with only one drinks alcohol. Soo now it makes things a lot easier for us. Thank you for taking the time to spread the news!

They weren't 'shooting the messenger', just reacting to the announcement itself.

Have a GREAT cruise and keep us updated.

:D

Enjoy your cruise!! I think they figure @ $49/day, they will still be making money.

They are not stupid and I'm sure it has been well thought out.

Hey spyro1952, like you I am sure they have taken a hard look before making this decision! They are not in the business of loosing money! As for us, my wife and I will participate honestly, and it will save us money. Love wine with dinner! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frugalist viewpost.gif

And to Frugalist, most of us appreciate news even though we sometimes have a strange way of acknowledging it! Thanks!! ;)Enjoy your cruise and have a drink for me!! :rolleyes: If we ever meet then I will buy one for you! OK?? :confused:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling
addition!

It's also good for specialty coffees, tea, hot chocolate, sodas, juices, smoothies and gelato. So, it isn't just for alcoholic beverages.

Good point. I think people are forgetting you can use it for other beverages, or maybe they just don't know. It's too bad everyone who is interested in the package gets painted with the 'too much alcohol' brush. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to use the option for water, soda, and coffee in addition to the occasional glass of wine or beer.

LOL, people can get a little intense and negative on here. But thank you for the information... this will make many people very happy!

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure that Princess has researched it to see how much dishonesty there will be. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have been doing this for awhile. It seems to be working for them.

I for one am very glad cause now I won't have to "lug" water on my next cruise. I like that it includes pop because sometimes you just want something sweet with out the "booze" lol

Thank you for the information - please don't let the Negative Nancys deter you from posting.:(

$50 a day is way more than DH and I ever spend on alcohol, coffee or the like. We make do with the water, ice tea and lemonade from the buffet, bring our own two bottles of wine on board and only buy an occasional drink from any of the bars. Therefore, if we bought it as a couple, Princess would still be making money off of us (not saying we would, just saying "if" - no flamers PLEASE!)

On the other hand, a friend of mine with 10 of her best girlfriends all bought the unlimited two weeks ago on the Ruby. She and her friends got more than their money's worth and Princess probably lost money on the deal:eek:

I am sure that Princess has done its due diligence - they are in the business of making money....they surely don't need "protection" from those of us on this board.