how much room in the room

broncorckcrwlr

Hi to everyone. I haven't been around since last year around this time when we were planning a cruise and it looks like it's that time again. We are thinking of cruising on the Breeze in Jan and booking a deluxe ocean view room. Carnival says this room will sleep 5 and after looking at the pics I believe it is doable. I was wondering if anyone has already done this and can share their experience and also just how comfortable are their couches? I may end up on it if my 87 yo mom doesn't like it. Also any opinions on the Breeze are appreciated. It will be myself (60) my wife (29 30 times) my grandsons 12 and 8 and my mom.Thanks.

Sorry I cannot speak to the amount of space in those rooms but I wonder if you have considered that 5 people in one room means only 1 bathroom? To me that is more important than the amount of actual space you'd have or if the couch would be comfy! I'd get another room of the least expensive type in order to have a 2nd bathroom available for the group!

I know that especially as we all get older we seem to need the bathrooms more!

Sorry I cannot speak to the amount of space in those rooms but I wonder if you have considered that 5 people in one room means only 1 bathroom? To me that is more important than the amount of actual space you'd have or if the couch would be comfy! I'd get another room of the least expensive type in order to have a 2nd bathroom available for the group!

I know that especially as we all get older we seem to need the bathrooms more!

I second this suggestion.

No way would I want to have five people in one cabin :eek:. I would definitely consider a 2nd room.....maybe an inside across the hall

Edited by GTO-Girl

Originally Posted by Cmildenb View Post

Is this the deluxe ocean view room type that has two bathrooms for families?

If it is the bathroom is for washing up, no toilet is in there.

The Deluxe OV has one bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower and a second bathroom with a sink, tub and shower (in the tub). The tub is smaller than a regular house tub.

Can't speak to that specific cabin, but can't fathom the idea of 5 people in one.

Not just the bathroom situation, but what if someone wants to nap, or stay up late reading, or is messy?

I'd look into 2 cabins.

Ah, just found a photo without the couch made up. Post # 9

Looks tight.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1449489

Edited by Lerin

Three adults with two children would be a tight fit, but possible. The couch is likely to be uncomfortable from the reviews I have read.

The sofa, when made up into a bed, is very comfortable. They take the back bolsters off, and there is a decent amount of room. Last year we put a 6'2" male there and he was fine.

I started reading this thread and thought of the tiny clown car. :eek:. Cruised with 4 in a room once and it was a Mini Suite on Caribbean Princess and was too small.The bathroom was the biggest issue. It could be done, but a very well planned out strategy and schedule on bathroom usage and getting ready for dinner will be needed.

Edited by miataman19

That's why the bathroom and a half was useful. You can also send one or two people up to the spa showers to get ready.

Sounds more like a week at camp rather than a nice vacation on a cruise. I can't imagine 5 people in one cabin!

We had originally thought we would have one cabin for 4 of us--2 Grandsons, me and husband, but then I thought about the times I shared my rooms with their Mothers and promptly booked 2 rooms. It is not the amount of people or stuff-it's the bathroom. You can always send someone up to shower in the spa, but a very big inconvenience in my opinion.

Definitely book two rooms. Book an oceanview or balcony cabin for the adults and then book an interior room across the hall for the younger ones. You will have more room, some privacy, and the most important thing will be an additional bathroom. Most cabins on cruise ships are quite small and I would be concerned with five people in one cabin. Most posters on Cruise Critic will tell you that it's doable because they usually don't spend much time in their cabins. If possible I would spend the extra money to have a second room.

It will be myself (60) my wife (29 30 times) my grandsons 12 and 8 and my mom.Thanks.

I'm laughing that I read that as myself (60) my wife (29) (30 times)...

I was thinking "how did he marry her 30 times if she's only 29???

Okay, I'm tired with End-of-year stuff... but I found it funny.!

Edited by Bibble

There's a spa on these ships? Hmm. I've also heard there is an exercise room but I go for enjoyment so I haven't found that either. Anyway thanks for all the feed back. The thread in the link with the pic was also somewhat helpful. Two rooms are out of the question. I'm a blue collar working stiff.

Have you even considered the price of excursions, tips etc?? I am sorry for the kids, doesn't sound like fun to me! Just an opinion, not being judgmental. YOU did ask for opinions! Yes I have cruised, and two people can be a tight fit.

Two rooms are out of the question. I'm a blue collar working stiff.

Are you sure?

Have you priced it out?

We always get more than 1 room when more than 3 of us sail. Usually 2 insides, but sometimes a balcony and an inside. We've found the price difference to be minimal, and on occasion, exactly the same.

Edit to add: curiosity got the best of me

I don't know exactly which cruise you are looking at but I just went to the Carnival site and priced out a 6 day on Breeze for the first week of January

2 inside rooms price before taxes and fees $1536

1 5 person ocean view before taxes and fees $1949.85

Edited by Lerin

Hi to everyone. I haven't been around since last year around this time when we were planning a cruise and it looks like it's that time again. We are thinking of cruising on the Breeze in Jan and booking a deluxe ocean view room. Carnival says this room will sleep 5 and after looking at the pics I believe it is doable. I was wondering if anyone has already done this and can share their experience and also just how comfortable are their couches? I may end up on it if my 87 yo mom doesn't like it. Also any opinions on the Breeze are appreciated. It will be myself (60) my wife (29 30 times) my grandsons 12 and 8 and my mom.Thanks.

The Breeze is wonderful!!! I'd sleep on the floor with 6 people in an inside cabin if I had to :)

And yes, you can definitely do 5 people in the cabin, as long as everyone "goes with the flow", and you stay somewhat organized.

Have a great time!

Yes I did the math. I had Carnival do the math. I had a TA do the math. It was MUCH cheaper to put 5 in one Deluxe Ocean View room. Maybe because nobody wanted to be stuck in an inside room. Been there done that won't do it again. I booked this morning and we are going to sail on the Breeze out of Miami on an 8 day to the Southern Caribbean with 5 in the room on Jan 18. We got the last room of it's kind available and it has been the last room for 2 weeks. Either it was meant for us or it is the worst room on the boat and everyone knows but us. We will soon. lol My main concern about this room is that it is pretty much across the hall from the elevators so I expect a LOT of noise.