New Coffee Cards

cruzsnooze

First hand experience. "It's not valid on this ship."

It was in reference to unlimited brewed coffee. For an old card a punch is is given for brewed coffee.

If the server doesn't understand the rules just call for his manager & I'm certain they'll be aware of how it's to be applied. They've been doing it for years now.

It used to be that fresh brewed coffee and hot or cold chocolate were free no punches taken. Now I am reading fresh brewed coffee and "Liptons" tea are free. Is the chocolate still free as I don't drink coffee and always had this when DH has his coffee do I need to have Tea now?

LOL so much confusion...I also have brand new unmarked coffee cards paid for with excess OBC so I would hope they would be honored on future cruises as that is why we bought them.

It used to be that fresh brewed coffee and hot or cold chocolate were free no punches taken. Now I am reading fresh brewed coffee and "Liptons" tea are free. Is the chocolate still free as I don't drink coffee and always had this when DH has his coffee do I need to have Tea now?

LOL so much confusion...I also have brand new unmarked coffee cards paid for with excess OBC so I would hope they would be honored on future cruises as that is why we bought them.

It is included in the Unlimited Soda & More package.

Our experience is that unlimited hot chocolate is still included with the coffee cards even though it is not mentioned on the web site or even on the cards themselves.

Your unmarked coffee cards will likely be accepted (especially if they are the newest kind), but the server may mark the current voyage on the back.

Our experience is that unlimited hot chocolate is still included with the coffee cards even though it is not mentioned on the web site or even on the cards themselves.

Your unmarked coffee cards will likely be accepted (especially if they are the newest kind), but the server may mark the current voyage on the back.

Thanks caribill information is much appreciated :)

• 2 months later...
Can someone post a Picture of the new cards and the old cards? I'm new to cruising and I'm going in june. :halo:

I don't have a photo of the newest coffee cards but on the same brown colored card there's a green bar at the top with "Premium Coffee Card". The name has been changed from "Cafe Select" to "New Grounds" since they improved the menu & have sent some baristas to a coffee school.

EDIT: By searching I found a photo posted by "caribill":

Here is what the new card looks like

890418%20001%2004.18.16%20New%20Grounds%20coffee%20card%20DSC01487_zpsl3yrm1g3.jpg

That's good that they're using technology for these things but wonder how they will keep track of our remaining specialty coffee drink "punches"?

Old cruise cards are invalid on another cruise but they better be usable for any remaining coffee drinks on other cruises.

Simple Their database will show that you've purchased a coffee card, and at the beginning there'll be the full number of punches available. Each time you use a punch, the number of punches available will be decremented. Don't know if they'll have a separate table in the database for coffee cards and linkages to your onboard account or if they'll track this in the onboard account table of the database. Either way works.

Simple Their database will show that you've purchased a coffee card, and at the beginning there'll be the full number of punches available. Each time you use a punch, the number of punches available will be decremented. Don't know if they'll have a separate table in the database for coffee cards and linkages to your onboard account or if they'll track this in the onboard account table of the database. Either way works.

I don't think the IT dept can handle all that coding.......:o

I don't think the IT dept can handle all that coding.......:o

Okay. Then I think everybody who buys a coffee card will have an employee following them around with an abacus keeping track of it. The abacus holder will periodically send a carrier pigeon up to a little room somewhere high in the ship, where somebody will cross off one, two or whatever. That'll work. No need for cards. ;p

Okay. Then I think everybody who buys a coffee card will have an employee following them around with an abacus keeping track of it. The abacus holder will periodically send a carrier pigeon up to a little room somewhere high in the ship, where somebody will cross off one, two or whatever. That'll work. No need for cards. ;p

When they cut through the HC will they be wearing a diaper?