New Coffee Cards

cruzsnooze

Do you know if all of those on the menu are available with a punch on the card? Or is it just the ones in the top section?

I had the large orange green coffee drink last month on the Crown for one punch.

Edited by gracebest

• 4 weeks later...

Since we only drink the brewed coffee, we have several non-punched coffee cards, but with voyage dates on them from previous cruises. (It seemed worth it to us, because we have 5-6 cups a day, and share a pot of tea or two in the evening). Can we bring these on our upcoming cruise and use the punches for regular brewed coffee or tea?

Since we only drink the brewed coffee, we have several non-punched coffee cards, but with voyage dates on them from previous cruises. (It seemed worth it to us, because we have 5-6 cups a day, and share a pot of tea or two in the evening). Can we bring these on our upcoming cruise and use the punches for regular brewed coffee or tea?

yes, after the initial sailing they will start punching your card for brewed, however it depends on the server, but policy is that they should.

Edited by land lover

I have a more specific question about coffee and the coffee-cards.

Does it look, from the new cards, that Princess is changing their coffee/grounds supplier?

I have heard conflicting reports of coffee from the IC on the Coral Princess. I am hoping that this is a fluke, post drydock, or a transitional thing. We already have our coffee card, and are looking forward to decent coffee and nice specialty coffee drinks onboard the Coral!

Edited by Wishing on a star

I have a more specific question about coffee and the coffee-cards.

Does it look, from the new cards, that Princess is changing their coffee/grounds supplier?

I have heard conflicting reports of coffee from the IC on the Coral Princess. I am hoping that this is a fluke, post drydock, or a transitional thing. We already have our coffee card, and are looking forward to decent coffee and nice specialty coffee drinks onboard the Coral!

Princess is promoting their "New Grounds Crafted Coffee" premium coffee program.

They're using Caffé Boasi coffee beans from Genoa, Italy and have "partnered with the American Barista & Coffee school in Portland, Oregon to ensure baristas on board are specially trained to provide a premium coffee experience".

Princess is promoting their "New Grounds Crafted Coffee" premium coffee program.

They're using Caffé Boasi coffee beans from Genoa, Italy and have "partnered with the American Barista & Coffee school in Portland, Oregon to ensure baristas on board are specially trained to provide a premium coffee experience".

Is this program already taking place?

Is this program already taking place?

The photo of the menu Colo Cruiser shared shown in post #145 appears to be an example of the new coffee menu.

That wasn't available on the Crown in October but recent posts say it's on ships but I don't know if it's fleetwide yet. Photos I've seen posted of the new look to coffee cards appear to be part of this new program. The info I posted was from the August 2015 Captain's Circle Magazine so it's been planned since at least that date.

In a couple of weeks I'll know if it's been added to the Crown. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

They still honour the old cards, even the old old cards, but you do get a punch for brewed coffee or specialty tea if you did not buy the card on the current voyage.

I still have 2 UNUSED old playing card type coffee cards. They're in the same little card case I keep my current coffee card in. On our last cruise the barista caught site of the old ones and told me I should sell them as antiques! :p

The photo of the menu Colo Cruiser shared shown in post #145 appears to be an example of the new coffee menu.

That wasn't available on the Crown in October but recent posts say it's on ships but I don't know if it's fleetwide yet. Photos I've seen posted of the new look to coffee cards appear to be part of this new program. The info I posted was from the August 2015 Captain's Circle Magazine so it's been planned since at least that date.

Astro Flyer I hope you have a wonderful time on the crown and Please come back and let us know about the menu. I will be on the crown in June.

Astro Flyer I hope you have a wonderful time on the crown and Please come back and let us know about the menu. I will be on the crown in June.

I'll bookmark this thread to post my experience on the Crown which we've enjoyed sailing several times.

When we were on Emerald transatlantic this past October they had the new menus. Everything on there was one punch.

Frank;

Have a wonderful cruise & please stop by when you get back and let us know......:):):)

Bob

New menu was on Crown, Feb 1st or should I say 2nd and 27th sailings on Crown.

Thanks for the coffee menu update.

Were the always available dining room options the normal ones such as salmon or the new Curtis Stone options?

Edited by Astro Flyer

The menu shown in post #145 looks like the one that we had on the Crown in January. I liked the Kiwi Lime Cooler. Enjoy your cruise!

The menu shown in post #145 looks like the one that we had on the Crown in January. I liked the Kiwi Lime Cooler. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the info & there are some new things we'll try...the Kiwi Lime Cooler sounds refreshing. :)

Thanks for the coffee menu update.

Were the always available dining room options the normal ones such as salmon or the new Curtis Stone options?

Still the old menu....as of March 5th, when we left.

We had anytime dining and on the last formal night and in formal attire

decided to check out Horizon Court. I was certainly glad we did as they had frog legs and oysters. This cruise we checked out the Court before going to the MDR several times and they had some unique selections.

I know I am late onto this but does anyone know if they still offer hot chocolate it isn't on the new menu that was posted (a search only showed one person asking about hot chocolate and no reply)

Thanks

I know I am late onto this but does anyone know if they still offer hot chocolate it isn't on the new menu that was posted (a search only showed one person asking about hot chocolate and no reply)

Thanks

Look again it is on the new menu, small and large, post #145. I had the ultimate drink package so got one everyday...DH had the Coffee Card, so do not know if they punch the card or not. In other words on the first sailing the card is used they might view it as brewed coffee. I swear I remember discussing this with a barista, but don't know for sure.

Edited by land lover