New Coffee Cards

cruzsnooze

Yes. It just rubs me the wrong way. I also think that if Princess or any other company find out that people are undercutting their prices, such as selling their elite coffee cards, they will simply eliminate that benefit. It is just dollars and cents.

I agree with you. We have about a dozen cards on had -- that

we have received as trade for elite mini-bar setup.

I'd rather offer someone I meet a punch that sell the card on eBay.

It just seems cheesy to do so.

Actually, they now have these little things called "tablets" that connect to the ship's computer wirelessly. I saw them being used by some of the crew on the Royal Princess recently. (Gosh, even this old coot has one!;)) THAT is what I meant about putting it into the computer. You certainly would not have to go to guest services. Do it with the same tables they now use.

[emoji3][emoji3] I don't understand how people can't figure out that things change. It is so simple. This old coot has one also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We received a this new card on our Crown Feb 1st sailing.

With elite now selling coffee cards @ $25., on roll calls nonetheless, on my last 2 roll calls there have been offers:mad: and takers. I hope all drink packages are on cards. With coffee cards if u do not use all your punches on that sailing they could refund a %, works for me. Of course this is off subject but in the future I could see doing away with a mini bar set ups and just giving so many drinks, special coffee included per day sailed, loaded on our cards. I just am so offended by people not having the generosity to pass on a free coffee card to another RC member...okay I got it off my chest......

Why should you be offended? These Coffee Cards are Not Free they are a Perk that Princess gives Elite members.

As I see it, whether an Elite member uses the Bar Setup or the Coffee Cards they both are the property of the Elite member.

I am offended that you think that either or both should be given to others. Who are RC members? Should I also be giving away my other possessions?

I AM a very generous person, Are YOU?

Good info, but it doesn't address the fact that many have unpunched brown cards with no writing on the back who want to use the cards for fresh brewed coffee (without a punch)...

It's not fair to Princess to keep a coffee card good forever, if that is what your asking for. You buy a coffee card for specific voyage, and if there are any punches left, you can get regular coffee with punches.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This makes perfect sense to me. The stickers/cards are not good system.

Coffee cards should only be good for the current voyage, it seems like gaming the system to reuse them.

How is it gaming the system? Princess is quite clear that one can use the C card on future cruises. It's different with the other drink stickers since most are charged per day.

Coffee cards should only be good for the current voyage, it seems like gaming the system to reuse them.

You pay for 15 punches (or 15 coffee drinks.) If you don't use them all on one voyage, you are saying Princess should keep the money? How is it gaming the system to pay for 15 things and expect to get 15 things?

I just found three old ones with more than one card's worth of punches left. I'll be using those on the Diamond in a couple of days. The brewed coffee is not an issue with me since I always get a latte.

You pay for 15 punches (or 15 coffee drinks.) If you don't use them all on one voyage, you are saying Princess should keep the money? How is it gaming the system to pay for 15 things and expect to get 15 things?

I just found three old ones with more than one card's worth of punches left. I'll be using those on the Diamond in a couple of days. The brewed coffee is not an issue with me since I always get a latte.

I feel that you are buying those drinks for one cruise, and I think Princess agrees with me. I'd use them up fast if I were you.

Princess makes money on cards that are partially used and lost. How many people do you think lost or pitched their cards after a cruise. I'd think there are a huge number of unused punches for which Princess already was paid. Kinda like loosing a gift certificate, the store wins.

Princess makes money on cards that are partially used and lost. How many people do you think lost or pitched their cards after a cruise. I'd think there are a huge number of unused punches for which Princess already was paid. Kinda like loosing a gift certificate, the store wins.

Of course, that makes sense.

Cruise Critic cruisers with an abundance of unused Princess coffee cards are miniscule.

Forgive me here...I'm new to Princess. I hear a lot about these coffee cards and I'm not sure I understand the point. How much savings is there? The menus I have seen online make the normal prices seem very reasonable. Can't you get brewed regular coffee elsewhere on the ship for free? I've never been on a ship the didn't have regular coffee available at no charge. It's typically not good, but it's there.

This makes perfect sense to me. The stickers/cards are not good system.

It's not gaming the system if it's allowed. The restriction is that you can't get fresh brewed after the initial cruise with the card...but if you still have punches available, you can get the specialty coffees.. I guess they figure that we paid for it, we should be able to use them up.

I agree with you. We have about a dozen cards on had -- that

we have received as trade for elite mini-bar setup.

I'd rather offer someone I meet a punch that sell the card on eBay.

It just seems cheesy to do so.

I don't really think it's cheesy, it's their cards, they can do what they want with them, I guess. They would be helping someone else out.

When dining in the MDR, I always order a latte or cappuccino for dessert (instead of a "real" dessert) and I have on several occasions, treated some of my table mates to a cuppa which uses a punch on my card.

I feel that you are buying those drinks for one cruise, and I think Princess agrees with me. I'd use them up fast if I were you.

I don't think Princess agrees with you. They have allowed people to use the punches until they are used up...I think by finally putting the voyage number on the back when you buy one, they just want to limit the free brewed coffee not the coffee that has been paid for via the punches.

Forgive me here...I'm new to Princess. I hear a lot about these coffee cards and I'm not sure I understand the point. How much savings is there? The menus I have seen online make the normal prices seem very reasonable. Can't you get brewed regular coffee elsewhere on the ship for free? I've never been on a ship the didn't have regular coffee available at no charge. It's typically not good, but it's there.

Right, that is the point...except that the "regular" coffee is not fresh brewed coffee unless it's from the International Cafe. The coffee cards save a little on lattes, cappuccinos, etc. The reason people buy coffee cards is the same reason people buy soda packages or water packages, or drink packages....they want to save a few dollars here and there. ;)

Edited by suzyed

Actually, the back of the card clearly states that unused specialty coffees are redeemable on your next cruise.

Correct.

"Unused specialty coffees redeemable on next voyage. Complimentary coffee and tea only applicable to voyage of purchase"

Edited by suzyed

Purchased my first coffee card on the Grand last month and thought it was a great deal. Treated myself to a large Cappuccino each day, 15 day cruise, 15 punches. Worked out perfect, and servers only took one punch for each large cappuccino.

$ 29 plus tip, think I was charged about 34-35 dollars for the card. 15 large coffee drinks at $3.50 each comes to $52.50, savings of about $17 dollars.

I can survive on the free stuff they call coffee, and do drink it, but stay away from it at night, really bad stuff. Don't know if it's left over grounds or what, but it was pretty bad.

The free coffee at the buffet or at the dinner tables do not taste nearly as fresh as the brewed coffee you can get with the coffee card or for pay without the card. The free coffee at the buffet looks like it is some dark liquid mixed with water. It tastes kind of, well, "nasty."