New Coffee Cards

cruzsnooze

I got off the Crown yesterday and got my coffee cards, They are a much different pattern . They have a green stripe across the front and say NEW GROUNDS crafted coffee. They were good for 15 punches. They state Complimentary coffee/Tea only applicable to voyage of purchase.

I got off the Crown yesterday and got my coffee cards, They are a much different pattern . They have a green stripe across the front and say NEW GROUNDS crafted coffee. They were good for 15 punches. They state Complimentary coffee/Tea only applicable to voyage of purchase.

Uh oh! :eek:

Uh Oh is right! I still have a coffee card issued two years ago on the Ruby....used it recently on the Emerald for brewed coffee although they said they had to punch it for brewed (still have several punches left). :D

Just got off the Grand and used the OLD coffee card, a previously used one, even though they were selling the new cards. Got the brewed coffee for no punches, seems like this is up to the individual ships as to weather they punch old cards for the coffee, as on the Royal they punched once for 2 brewed coffees on a card I got on the Island. The old cards are still good for specialty coffee no matter what as long as there are unused punches.

They are probably just trying to clarify all the discrepancies and make the ships all the same, hence a new card with the rules printed. I bet they will still honor the old cards and punches until are all out of circulation....I think it would be a mass mutiny if they didn't! Many people, including me, have left over punches from cruise to cruise:o

Ouch! Does this mean my old "Brown Coffee Card" from 2012 on the Star might not be valid? :eek:

Just Mike

Uh Oh is right! I still have a coffee card issued two years ago on the Ruby....used it recently on the Emerald for brewed coffee although they said they had to punch it for brewed (still have several punches left). :D

Well, I guess that I have just lost the last 8 punches! :rolleyes: Not big on buying coffee at the IC! But I love the fresh cookies!

Just Mike

On our last cruise, I bought a coffee card and unbeknownst to hubby, he also bought one. So I put mine away and planned on using it this time around. Mine was put away as the person selling them did not write down the info on the back.

I hope it will be honored.:)

First time Princess cruiser. Is free brewed coffee not available at the buffet or via room service throughout the day on Princess ships? Or, does brewed coffee have a specific meaning on Princess of which I am not aware?:confused:

«Wake up to your favorite brew prepared exactly how you like it! Save 20% and enjoy 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.»

Hard to say (from the way the text is written) if the «... for the duration of your cruise» part relates to everything or just the brewed coffee and the premium tea. :confused:

First time Princess cruiser. Is free brewed coffee not available at the buffet or via room service throughout the day on Princess ships? Or, does brewed coffee have a specific meaning on Princess of which I am not aware?:confused:

The complimentary coffee is made from a concentrated syrup and is not freshly brewed. There are differing opinions in how it tastes. ;)

They are probably just trying to clarify all the discrepancies and make the ships all the same, hence a new card with the rules printed. I bet they will still honor the old cards and punches until are all out of circulation....I think it would be a mass mutiny if they didn't! Many people, including me, have left over punches from cruise to cruise:o

My old Café Selects Premium Coffee Card (brown card) has the same statement so that's nothing new.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Did they change coffee suppliers? I know they have a new specialty coffee menu.

Do the new cards advertise the new brand of coffee?

I hope they don't dishonour old cards as we have one half used too!

In the August 2015 Captain's Circle Magazine they described their "New Grounds Crafted Coffee" program.

"Princess has partnered with the American Barista & Coffee School in Portland, Oregon, to ensure barista's on board are specially trained to provide a premium coffee experience. Caffe Boasi beans from Genoa, Italy, will be used to brew all specialty-crafted coffee" .

I'm not worried about the older cars no longer being valid because the playing card version was still usable after the brown Café Selects card was implemented.

Nothing new about the verbiage...the back of the 2 coffee cards that I have from our last couple of cruises say the same thing.

Mattie00

First time Princess cruiser. Is free brewed coffee not available at the buffet or via room service throughout the day on Princess ships? Or, does brewed coffee have a specific meaning on Princess of which I am not aware?

Yes, they are free. The coffee in the buffet, MDRs and probably from room service are made from a syrup (except on the Royal & Regal).

Although on our last cruise (on Pacific Princess), DH said the coffee in the MDR was a lot better than previously (I don't drink coffee;)).

Edited by JF - retired RRT

The complimentary coffee is made from a concentrated syrup and is not freshly brewed. There are differing opinions in how it tastes. ;)

Free coffee is made from concentrated coffee although on the Royal & Regal the HC coffee machines use ground coffee to produce filtered coffee. Many of us feel it's a big improvement & wish that Princess would implement this change fleetwide.

Although as you posted, opinions about coffee will vary & are very subjective. I've read posts from some passengers who don't like the brewed coffee at the IC & others who like it very much.