Do I need to make reservations for Luminae?

BDL

Hi,

This is our first X cruise. We're in a Sky Suite and have 'Celebrity Select Dining'. On the cruise planner it shows where we can make dinner reservations. One of the options is for Celebrity Select. Does that mean it's for Luminae? Do we need reservations or can we just walk-in?

Thanks for helping out a newbie!

Barb

Hi,

This is our first X cruise. We're in a Sky Suite and have 'Celebrity Select Dining'. On the cruise planner it shows where we can make dinner reservations. One of the options is for Celebrity Select. Does that mean it's for Luminae? Do we need reservations or can we just walk-in?

Barb

We just off Summit. You don't need reservation, you will be served any time you would come. We really like Luminae and Michael's club access.

I was asked to make reservations on Reflection this past February. And they were only available either early or late. The Michael's Club concierge had no ability to alter that. The one night we showed up early, they made us wait. So it's not automatic that you'll get whatever dining time you want. Granted, Reflection does have more suites than the others and that can be a factor.

Out of politeness, if we have decided to dine in Luminae, we have given the M'D an 'ish' time we plan to arrive (as in 7.30ish). We have then arrived within 5/10 minutes of that time.

We have seen people waiting for a seat at about 7.30-8.00pm but that has been when they want a window seat and prefer to wait rather than sit elsewhere.

Enjoy!

Hi,

Barb

You can go to Luminae anytime. Or the MDR. Or Blu. You're in a suite. You choose. It's nice.

If you need help, the host at Luminae can help you, and so can the concierge in Michael's club. But Luminae is awesome, and you'll be very very happy there.

You can go to Luminae anytime. Or the MDR. Or Blu. You're in a suite. You choose. It's nice.

If you need help, the host at Luminae can help you, and so can the concierge in Michael's club. But Luminae is awesome, and you'll be very very happy there.

Thanks - I didn't know we could try Blu as well as Luminae. Will be good to see what that's like in case we choose Aqua class in the future.

Yes Luminae is anytime dining for Suites. What I want to add is Luminae tries to put you with the same staff each night. It doesn't always work. We like Michael's Club very much, but we like going to the Captions Club event before dinner in the Sky Lounge. Great views and mix of people. We leave there and go to dinner. Luminae has it in there minds that we show up every night about the same time. So they plan for that.

Depending on the time you arrive, if you select or want a special (window) table, depending on the number at your table etc…..we have seen people have to wait 5-10 minutes (larger parties, ? did they let the maitre d' know, etc).

We enjoy Luminae, we like having the server/waitstaff that gets to know us and what we usually like. We let the maitre d' know our schedule so they know roughly when to expect us and if we won't be there that evening- we let them know that too. We are not terribly particular about table, though we do like a window seat in the day- but do like having the same waitstaff, if possible.

I like being able to order "off menu." While I don't do it often, sometimes I just want a green salad e.g. and as long as my request is reasonable (I've never asked for a whole steamed lobster e.g.) they provide. Husband doesn't care for some meats and will not enjoy seafood, so they get to know this and let him know what other proteins are available at that time. We have never had a problem with them getting another option.

With all that said, we never have had a problem walking right in and getting a table. As they say---your milage may vary.

That's a huge factor on Reflection. Too many suites for the size of Luminae

Currently on RF and that has been my experience thus far. Busy, not a quiet Specialty dining venue and I've been very disappointed in the food. It seems to be promising long and delivering short. IMHO the food in the main dining room has been better.

From our experience you need reservations on the Reflection and not on the Eclipse and Silhouette.

I am currently on the Reflection and I think the food and service in Luminae has been excellent, but I dine at 6:30 PM. The Baramuda fish was excellent as well as the Carbonara today was outstanding.

I understand it is very busy later. In fact the Luminae is the busiest I have seen for all meals. And it must be related to the extra number of suites.

Edited by jagoffee

Show up whenever you want but as someone mentioned above, communication is very helpful. Letting the maitre'd know in advance (if you know already) that you won't be dining there one night or will be coming at a different time is helpful. The reason is that after the first couple of nights if you are coming around the same time, they then expect you at that time every night and will "hold" a table for you with the same server. We found this out after we had been going there for 3-4 nights in a row and then were tired one night and hit the buffet for dinner. The next night the maitre'd was concerned wondering where we were the night before and mentioned they had held our table for us. She wasn't mad at us or anything she was more concerned that there was something we didn't like at Luminae and had stayed away.

Other nights when we made reservations at Tuscan or Murano she knew about it without even telling her because it showed up in our file so she knew not to expect us. By going to the buffet we sort of went "off the radar".

And when we came one night an hour or so later than our normal time we did have to wait 5-10 minutes or so but that's because we wanted to have our same waiter. If we had known in advance that we would be an hour later and told the maitre'd then we may have had no wait. They are very flexible and accommodating. It was our favorite dining experience with Celebrity.

We always try and make reservations for dinner, even though we always eat early. Getting the menus earlier also helps with this decision making. Yes, as mentioned above, they do hold tables for you, even in the MDR! Since we like suites and Blu, we always need reservations for Blu. This April will be our first time on the Reflection with all the suites, so dining early will be a lot different in Luminae for us than the last time. Planning ahead for us usually works out to our advantage, but it is also fun to just play it by ear too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums