royal suite question

lisalovlee33

We booked a regular suite GTY that didn't include any perks for a great price but was upgraded to the RS. Then I noticed all the perks that came with the suite, such as premium drink package, free beer in minibar, unlimited internet, free specialty restaurants.. Will we still be entitled to these perks at all since our original booking was just a basic no perks booking. thanks.

We booked a regular suite GTY that didn't include any perks for a great price but was upgraded to the RS. Then I noticed all the perks that came with the suite, such as premium drink package, free beer in minibar, unlimited internet, free specialty restaurants.. Will we still be entitled to these perks at all since our original booking was just a basic no perks booking. thanks.

Personally I think the best source to confirm that you will receive those perks is by contacting Celebrity. No one on this forum can say for sure what you will receive.:)

Thanks, but from my experience, the information from past passengers here is much more accurate than what Celebrity provides.

Your choice, but if you don't get the perks, don't blame Celebrity.:)

Your choice, but if you don't get the perks, don't blame Celebrity.:)

from Xs own web site.....

Special amenities for Royal Suite include:

Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

Complimentary unlimited Specialty Dining

Complimentary unlimited Internet access

Complimentary mini-bar stocked daily with water, sodas, beer

Access to the private Michael's Club Lounge

Separate whirlpool bathtub

Whirlpool on private veranda

Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with accompanying mixers • (beginning January 2016, a choice of spirits or wine)

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Separate living room with dining and sitting area

Two entertainment centers with televisions

Walk-in closet

Beginning January 2016:

Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouet

Complimentary laundry service twice per cruise

Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

... These aren't perks that some get and some don't they are the amenities that come with a royal suite....:cool: sweet

You will get the documented Royal Suite benefits onboard. It will be interesting to see what you get for Captains Club points after the sailing. If it will be the 8 points per night for the base suite class or 12 points per night for RS.

I know with the reduced price upgrade program, if you are a lucky recipient they now only give you the points for the category you originally booked. Their justification is the deeply discounted price of the upgrade is the captains club perk.

However with GTY I hope they give you points for the assigned category.

We got upgraded from suite guarantee to Royal suite last year. You get all the perks listed. Captains club points were for base suite. Only downside is you will want the Royal suite for every cruise. Enjoy the Royal suite !!!

How do u book gty suite? I looked at a few sailings and can't find GTY suite.

They are not offered on every sailing.

Usually you will see a GTY on a cruise that is selling slow and they want to fill the ship.

My August Bermuda cruise had GTY suites about a month ago when there was about 10 various suites still available, and now there is only 1 Sky Suite and 1 Penthouse (at regular prices) to book today.

Someone on our roll call just booked a GTY inside the other day.

GTY isn't just suites, it could be for any type of stateroom from insides to suites.

We upgraded from an inside to Aqua on our last cruise and only received the points for an inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What did you pay for the upgrade? If it wasn't the market rate for an AQ then you'll get points based upon your original booking.

Phil

groryjm,

I am well aware of the perks for the RS. My next cruise is on the Equinox in the RS which I paid for, so I know I get the perks. Personally I hope she gets the perks. If it were me and I was upgraded, I would ask Celebrity for an email confirming that I will receive the perks.:)

groryjm,

I am well aware of the perks for the RS. My next cruise is on the Equinox in the RS which I paid for, so I know I get the perks. Personally I hope she gets the perks. If it were me and I was upgraded, I would ask Celebrity for an email confirming that I will receive the perks.:)

I think the confusion is that everyone is calling the RS amenities that are included "perks" which they are not. The perks such as OBC and free gratuities are not amenities and I would think they are not included. For instance I could not even imagine that if someone were upgraded to Aqua Class that the Blu and Persian Garden would not be included.

Of course in your case if you "Best" you would get the non RS perks.

I think the confusion is that everyone is calling the RS amenities that are included "perks" which they are not. The perks such as OBC and free gratuities are not amenities and I would think they are not included. For instance I could not even imagine that if someone were upgraded to Aqua Class that the Blu and Persian Garden would not be included.

Of course in your case if you "Best" you would get the non RS perks.

Yep, we are happy campers since we get all of the amenities plus all of the perks. Too bad it is only a 13 day cruise.:):)

Thanks all for the responses. I really appreciate it.

To answer another poster's question, I most definitely will not get RS points. We were also blessed in the past with the RS upgrade and gotten the points of the category we booked in.

Also, the reason I don't want to contact Celebrity is I don't want a black mark on my name and take away my amenities! I know, I've too much time on my hands thinking of conspiracy theories!

Sorry, I may not be clear, when I say perks (did I say perks?!), I meant the amenities as per what's listed in the list of freebies under Royal suite as Groryjm posted. By no means do I mean the free gratuity. Sorry about the confusion. So I believe the consensus is yes to the amenities (free premium drink package, free internet, specialty restaurants - are the ones I really care about anyway). Thanks everyone.

What did you pay for the upgrade? If it wasn't the market rate for an AQ then you'll get points based upon your original booking.

Phil

We booked our cruise at the last moment and we only had the choice of an inside or suite as everything else had gone. Received a call shortly before cruising asking if we wanted to upgrade, saved about £400 each on what it would have cost originally for the cruise if booked straight into Aqua.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app