How to stop Oceania mailings?

History&Wine

Hello all. I'm posting here in the hope that someone has had a similar problem and can help me. I receive on average three mailings from Oceania each week. I'm talking about postal mailings, not emails. The brochures are lovely, but the few times I've called about pricing, the pricing was no longer valid.

In any case, I've tried multiple times over the last four months to get my name off the list...both through phone and email. I'm trying to save Oceania money, and maybe save a tree or two. No luck. I received my second and third brochure from Oceania for this week today.

Interestingly, I sent an email to Oceania just after the buyout from Norwegian was announced. I received an email a few days later (September 12) saying they would act on my request. There was a message after the signature :

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing any documents.

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f317184%5fAM%2b%2fimIAAA8sVBOLpQAAAKUE6h0&m=YaDownload&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

Ironic.

Do you have a Oceania account from when you took a cruise??? At some point you registered and checked a box that phone contact was ok.... Log back into that account and change your profile....

Also tell the offending caller you already have a TA and please mark their records to reflect that and stop calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The brochures and emails I can throw away. I am now receiving phone calls in addition to the mailings. Very aggressive, high pressure, often rude sales force. Not happy!!!!

Is this directly from Oceania, or a Travel Agency?

Hello all. I'm posting here in the hope that someone has had a similar problem and can help me. I receive on average three mailings from Oceania each week. I'm talking about postal mailings, not emails. The brochures are lovely, but the few times I've called about pricing, the pricing was no longer valid.

In any case, I've tried multiple times over the last four months to get my name off the list...both through phone and email. I'm trying to save Oceania money, and maybe save a tree or two. No luck. I received my second and third brochure from Oceania for this week today.

Interestingly, I sent an email to Oceania just after the buyout from Norwegian was announced. I received an email a few days later (September 12) saying they would act on my request. There was a message after the signature :

PPlease consider your environmental responsibility before printing any documents.

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f317184%5fAM%2b%2fimIAAA8sVBOLpQAAAKUE6h0&m=YaDownload&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

Ironic.

use the round file.

Is this directly from Oceania, or a Travel Agency?

I was wondering the same thing :confused:

I was getting emails from a big online agent that I have NEVER contacted I think they might scooped my email from my profile here

I tried to unsubscribe a few times finally just put them as spam

I have a great TA

Lyn

• 4 weeks later...

I am now ready to try Waynetor's solution. I've tried everything else. The mail slowed down over the holidays, but is now back in full force.

It is now unlikely that I will ever sail on O. They can't provide a great cruise experience if they are spending this much money on printing and postage!

Seems that the mailings have pretty much stopped since NCL took over. Have not had one in quite a few weeks, when before we got three or four a week. Lets see what happens now that Mr. FDR is back in charge. Now that I am thinking about it I kinda miss them. Sort of showed that O is thinking about us. :):)

mine stopped a few months ago (before NCL)

I miss the large new sailings brochure but I guess they cannot just send those without all the others

If I need one will just pick one up at a local TA ;)

Lyn

Yes they will. Maybe the witness protection program is the only hope

If Frank starts this with NCL they will need to buy a paper mill.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

*LROTFWL* As fantastically funny as your sarcasm is-

Perhaps they continue to send literature because of people like yourself, who claim to have "done" Oceania and moved on to Lines which are more affordable or have better service, yet find themselves irresistibly drawn back... :rolleyes:

* = Literally rolling on the floor with laughter!

The last cruise we took was in November, a great deal on a 7 day Caribbean cruise. We had no intentions of going away in November, but couldn't resist. Even convinced friends to come along.

We booked due to a brochure received in the mail. That's why they keep them coming. Keeps them top of mind. Like the end of the aisle in the grocery store. Just pops out and grabs you in spite of all good intentions. ;-)

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

*LROTFWL* As fantastically funny as your sarcasm is-

Perhaps they continue to send literature because of people like yourself, who claim to have "done" Oceania and moved on to Lines which are more affordable or have better service, yet find themselves irresistibly drawn back... :rolleyes:

* = Literally rolling on the floor with laughter!

I really haven't moved onto anything. I think it's fun to try new things including cruise lines, to each their owne. If you have insider info on the paper mill or printer let us know.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app