How to stop Oceania mailings?

History&Wine

I really haven't moved onto anything. I think it's fun to try new things including cruise lines, to each their owne. If you have insider info on the paper mill or printer let us know.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

I don't know that what you are saying is precisely true- :p

For example, since you've sailed with Oceania, you've given Hapag Lloyd a rather superlative Review, and yet, judging by what you've posted about that Cruise since your return, you weren't actually all that thrilled by it....

Something or other about feeling left out because you weren't German speaking.

And, well, .....here you are again!

Have you run out of "new" Lines, already? ;)

I am now ready to try Waynetor's solution. I've tried everything else. The mail slowed down over the holidays, but is now back in full force.

It is now unlikely that I will ever sail on O. They can't provide a great cruise experience if they are spending this much money on printing and postage!

Not joking. O mailings go straight to trash. If they can't listen to a simple request that saves them money, they don't deserve my business.

Three a week? If only I should be so lucky. Today I received my third one this week and it's only Wednesday. Lol.Paul

in one week? How about three in one day? I have received that. :eek:

Too bad they don't save the money by not printing and mailing outdated materials and lower the cruise cost.

I like receiving the O mailings and review them before throwing them out. Even though we book cruises way in advance, I look over other possibilities for future bookings. True future cruises are detailed on the website, but there is something to be said for an offering in-hand.

From a marketing/return perspective, O would stop its current mailing program if it was not cost effective.

Three in one day!?!? Wow. #4 for the week in the mailbox tonight. Paul

Well the mailman could have held them and delivered them all the same day even if they originally mailed on different days. Or some could have gotten delayed along the way and met up at my mailbox. lol

They all wind up the same place...recycle bin.

• 1 month later...

We decided to return to Oceania this year based on their superior itinerary for where we were headed but that unfortunately opened up the floodgates of brochures again.

We are at the point were we never read brochures and we spotted the cruise we booked via web search.

4 different brochures this week - I cannot find any way to unsubscribe on their web site - nothing in "Edit Profile" or otherwise. Google brought me to this thread but now it seems this link is no longer valid/active.

I noticed that all of the brochures are tagged with "For More Information Contact: xxxx Travel Agency" - I have to believe that these are originating at O and not the travel agent.

Any further suggestions on how to stop the waste?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/changeofaddress.aspx

There is a drop down with "change of address" and "remove my name and address from your mailing lists"... at which point you can select email and/or direct mail.

Now if it actually works is another question.... :)

We decided to return to Oceania this year based on their superior itinerary for where we were headed but that unfortunately opened up the floodgates of brochures again.

Mine have started up again

I guess we can call Oceania

found the link

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/changeofaddress/

pull down menu to unsubscribe

Edited by LHT28

After receiving 3-4 mailings a week, I called their toll-free number on one of the brochures and asked the person who answered we wanted to be removed. I was told this would be done but it would take about 3 weeks to become effective. Guess what - no more Oceania brochures.

When we returned from our recent O cruise, in our stack of mail were 10+ Regent brochures - wrong name but our address.

I just received a card offering to buy my house.

It's addressed to the fella who sold me my house. I've lived here 32 years. Good luck

Super LOL! That is priceless. :D

We've been in our Coop apartment since December 1980 but no one is offering to buy us out ... Or perhaps they have and I just threw them away without looking! But I am sure that NONE have been addressed to the previous owners ...

Mura

• 1 year later...
After receiving 3-4 mailings a week, I called their toll-free number on one of the brochures and asked the person who answered we wanted to be removed. I was told this would be done but it would take about 3 weeks to become effective. Guess what - no more Oceania brochures.

When we returned from our recent O cruise, in our stack of mail were 10+ Regent brochures - wrong name but our address.

Keep them coming.... Gives me something to read in the can. Then I can throw them out.

Well, I've tried phone and email...I've never tried that link. Will give it a go.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you are, History&Wine. I went to the link mentioned in your post but the page is not available, "wrong port 404". It redirects but doesn't give opportunity to unsubscribe.

I suppose I could call them but since you've done both phone and e-mail and it didn't work for you, why should it work for me? :eek:

I tried a different approach yesterday. I went on the "site that we cannot mention here" on Oceania's page and posted the link to this CC thread with the mention that I am not the only one who doesn't want their mailings and to please private message me so I could give my information. Nothing yet! HA! Not much hope of this happening since they censored my post. :rolleyes:

Sorry about all those trees, really! :mad:

We have the same problem. In today's mail we received two brochures and that is after receiving two others earlier this week. The cost of producing and mailing all these publication must add a considerable premium to the advertised fare. I suppose that it must pay for itself or they would stop of their own volition. Cunard is another line that inundates us with mailings. I don't mind getting a periodic update on cruise offerings but several mailings a week is wasteful and ridiculous.

I know that this is a frequently complained about problem. For some reason we don't receive enough brochures to fuss about them ... but we do get them!

Since we know that Oceania personnel read this board, you'd think they'd be more proactive in stopping the practice that so many complain about!

And they certainly are wasting money on those brochures which aren't inexpensive to produce,not to mention the mailing charges. If regular customers don't want them, why bother?

On the other hand, a good friend called me yesterday to ask about a brochure she'd just received... she probably will book.

Mura

• 3 months later...

I had this problem. On their website at the bottom left under Guest Services, click on: Update Mail Preferences. At the dropdown menu under What Would You Like To Do? Click on Remove my name and address from your mailing list and update from there.

I hope this works.