CHICAGOPAUL - LIVE! From Celebrity REFLECTION & TURNING 30!!!!!

chicagopaul

Cheers Everyone! It has been a few months since I've had a live blog so I am very excited to jump back in and hopefully provide you with a fun live blog to follow along with that will be better than the last one. Here are the quick details:

Celebrity Reflection February 25th - 7 Day Western Caribbean

We set sail tomorrow but we are heading down to Florida tonight from Chicago. We are flying Southwest into FLL and will then jump in a cab to get to the W hotel in Miami where we will spend the night.

We are staying in an S1 Sky Suite this trip.

This trip is especially important to me as it is over my 30th Birthday! On Sunday, I will turn the big 3-0. This cruise is a nice gift from my partner Edward and we're excited to escape the Chicago winter for the sun of the Caribbean.

Below I've posted a quick video of me just talking about the trip and getting ready to leave. I thought it might be good to put a proper face and voice to my blog. Feel free to follow me on Instagram to see photos as I take them. My Instagram profile is PAULKBLACKBURN

As always ANY questions at all just post them below. If for some reason I miss your question just ask again! It won't annoy me don't worry!

Come along, pour yourself a drink and enjoy traveling with us!

Cheers Everyone! It has been a few months since I've had a live blog so I am very excited to jump back in and hopefully provide you with a fun live blog to follow along with that will be better than the last one. Here are the quick details:

Celebrity Reflection February 25th - 7 Day Western Caribbean

We set sail tomorrow but we are heading down to Florida tonight from Chicago. We are flying Southwest into FLL and will then jump in a cab to get to the W hotel in Miami where we will spend the night.

We are staying in an S1 Sky Suite this trip.

This trip is especially important to me as it is over my 30th Birthday! On Sunday, I will turn the big 3-0. This cruise is a nice gift from my partner Edward and we're excited to escape the Chicago winter for the sun of the Caribbean.

Below I've posted a quick video of me just talking about the trip and getting ready to leave. I thought it might be good to put a proper face and voice to my blog. Feel free to follow me on Instagram to see photos as I take them. My Instagram profile is PAULKBLACKBURN

As always ANY questions at all just post them below. If for some reason I miss your question just ask again! It won't annoy me don't worry!

Come along, pour yourself a drink and enjoy traveling with us!

Happy birthday ChicagoPaul...my friends and I will get on Reflection when you get off next Saturday. I followed you on your transatlantic trip a few months ago and am anxious for this next adventure. You are leaving Chicago just in time since we could have some snow tomorrow!

ENJOY!:cool:

Susan

On the Relection on March 18th so eagerly awaiting your live blog. Please don't drink all the good wine!! :evilsmile:

Since you offered, here are a couple questions. If you can answer them that would be great, but only if they are on your plans.

1) Music onboard. So far I've read other posts that the Party Band and Guitar player are good. Would appreciate your comments.

2) I've been less than impressed by my last visit at Tuscan. If you go to Tuscan please let us know your opinion.

3) I love the burgers at the Mast Grill, but on my summer sailing (UK) on the Silhouette they were subpar. Hoping they are back up to the high standards I've come to expect.

4) Name of the current Captains Club Host/Hostess please.

Enjoy your cruise, and please don't drink all the good wine!

Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes! RickT I've seen your questions above and will report. We share the same feelings on the mast bar burgers from our last cruise.

We are sitting at the bar at Midway awaiting our flight.

5c79e68eb4887df8d9a610a8c7d04cb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Birthday ChicagoPaul - what an awesome birthday gift!

My boyfriend and I, and a bunch of our friends, are on the March 11th sailing, so I'm very much looking forward to your live blog, it'll be great to get us in more of a pre-cruise mood!

We're also in a S1, this is our first foray into suites on Celebrity and I'm a tad worried we won't be able to go back to anything else - haha.

Happy birthday Paul, easy to remember as it is our sons name , he also turns 30 this Year!

We are sailing on the Reflection in two weeks ( this will be our fifth time on her so it is fun to go back.

I would love to know if Maritza Moolman is still the Michaels club concierge.

Hello ChicagoPaul. My husband and I (and our four year old) are headed out on the same itinerary in two weeks. Can't wait for the actual cruise, but it will be fun to preview it through your eyes! And, happy birthday!

So glad you are on your bday trip! I have been waiting for you to post. We are booked next week as you depart, and are staying at the W also. Please give your comments on the hotel. Will be following along. Best wishes for a grand time to you both. Sending you a virtual martini and a Perrier back!! :)

Kimberly

Happy birthday! You will have an incredible time on Reflection! We sailed her for a week on February 4th - now officially my favourite X ship! Tip - if you want to relax in the Hideaway, avoid the round "moon" chairs - brutal on the back! We were in an aft Sky Suite, 2210. On the off chance that that's your cabin (or 2208), use your seapass card to go through the rabbit hole....er, white unmarked door, at the end of the hall - those two suites are in their own little foyer (we had to ask for help to find the room, lol). If you have an opportunity to try the Porch restaurant up on deck 15, do it! $30 per person (awesome deal) for the freshest, tastiest seafood you will ever have. Enjoy your trip!!

Happy Birthday ChicagoPaul - what an awesome birthday gift!

My boyfriend and I, and a bunch of our friends, are on the March 11th sailing, so I'm very much looking forward to your live blog, it'll be great to get us in more of a pre-cruise mood!

We're also in a S1, this is our first foray into suites on Celebrity and I'm a tad worried we won't be able to go back to anything else - haha.

Be more than a tad worried, lol. As if the extras - bigger room, bigger balcony, more closet space, full bathtub - aren't addictive enough, I have just one more word for you: LUMINAE. A.MAZE.ING. The food and service is outstanding. Michael's Club is a great perk too, but for my husband and I, Luminae seals the deal. Without a doubt, some of the best meals we have ever had have been at this gorgeous venue. Have a fantastic cruise!

Cheers everyone. Continued thank you for all the birthday wishes! Wow!

We just arrived in FLL after a fantastic flight and we are in a cN to Miami. I'll post a quick video when we arrive to the hotel. For those above giving use recommendations thank you! I also saw a couple new questions and I'll make note of them. I hope you are all having a great Friday night!

Cheers everyone. Continued thank you for all the birthday wishes! Wow!

We just arrived in FLL after a fantastic flight and we are in a cN to Miami. I'll post a quick video when we arrive to the hotel. For those above giving use recommendations thank you! I also saw a couple new questions and I'll make note of them. I hope you are all having a great Friday night!

Subscribed! Thanks for taking us on your celebration cruise. Happy 30th! [emoji322][emoji324][emoji512][emoji485]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!!!![emoji898][emoji898][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji483]

And Edward has the RIGHT WAY to celebrate!!!

Sure wish I was at the martini bar with you both again! Hopefully you have something flaming in Murano for your special meal, although I am sure Luminae will take good care of you. [emoji512][emoji322][emoji324]

This is Debra, part of martini bar regular gang from TA where we met... I would LOVE to know what martini bar tenders will be onboard for the April TA?

Chairul???Patu? ALL were great guys! I know you agree! (Oh a video clip possibility of party at Martini for you?)

Sure wish you both were cruising then too!

Also who will be in Micheals for the crossing?

And M'TD in Murano?

Have a FANTASTIC cruise !

Write me privately so I can get yr cabin #?

drannafarms@msn.com

Debra [emoji41] wear these the morning after!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Happy birthday Paul! We hope to meet you and Edward onboard as we will be on this sailing as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fantastic! Be sure to say hello if you see us! We joined the roll call but haven't been too active. We'll try to make it to the meet and greet, etc. We're usually at the Martini Bar (or this cruise possibly the World Class Bar) in the evenings starting around 6.

Good Morning from beautiful Miami. Today is a gorgeous morning here. I'm sitting on the balcony now with some coffee catching up on some last minute work and setting my auto reply e-mail. That is always a good feeling.

W Miami Hotel

The hotel seems great. We got in late last night and ordered room service. Room service was quick and the food was good. There are very limited options after 11pm so we opted for a couple burgers and fries plus an ice tea. After service fee and grats it came out to $60 total. Definitely not the cheapest burgers in the world. But everything was prompt and they gave me everything from sugar to even honey for my ice tea.

The room is large with a balcony. Very comfortable bedding and great bathroom. It's not a BRAND NEW hotel so you might notice little wear if you look hard enough but nothing that is problematic. It has the typical overpriced minibar, but little things like bottles of sparkling water aren't too pricey (which I had in the middle of the night when I woke up feeling like I was wandering in Arizona for some reason). We got this hotel room for a STEAL at around $220 for the night after taxes. Using my SPG app I checked the normal pricing and it is around $400 + which is what I'd expect for this kind of hotel. So for those of you saying you're staying here for an upcoming trip you definitely won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

So it is roughly 9:20am now. I'm showered ready to go. Edward is still getting ready and finishing some organizing for us.

Flight in

I'll back track quickly and discuss our flight. We flew in via Southwest who we are loyal to for domestic flights. We always purchase early bird check in and always get an A boarding group. This time we got B14. Now, that's not terrible on lets say a Vegas or NYC bound flight but flying to Florida when children abound it can be an issue since "family boarding" is between the A and B groups. Now let me tell you....these families were lined up ready to go before boarding even started. I thought they were giving away free flights! However, I anticipated this. At the gate we paid a little extra to upgrade our boarding and got A2 and A3. We ended up getting front row on the flight with plenty of leg room and got to chat with the flight attendants and didn't have to pay for our drinks. Definitely worth the upgrade and the flight was fantastic. It was a bit early, luggage came out on time and there was no line for a taxi.

OK, now we are off to board the ship. For photos and short videos you can easily follow PAULKBLACKBURN on Instagram. However, I'll quickly post a few photos now. Next time you hear from me I should have a drink in hand on the ship!

Happy Birthday from (a different) Paul in Chicago!

We just did that exact same cruise two weeks ago. My first time on Celebrity. We had a great experience and loved the Reflection. I already even have next years cruise booked on Silhouette. I'm sure I sampled the menu at the World Class bar a few times over. Delicious cocktails! Have a great trip! We'll be watching along jealously from frigid Chicago :eek: