Bubble machine while departing port

Gaprofitt

Hate being a "fun sponge" :o ... but we no longer let children do bubbles on our pool deck even though we bought the bubble machines ... thought it would be fun for them. It was ... but made our deck so slippery that it was dangerous. Now, we have them do the bubble thing in a grassy area. :)

LuLu

I have children but we won't be bringing any bubbles. Not that I'm not a kid at heart, because I love blowing bubbles. However not out on a windy public deck. Heaven forbid an adult not like it or feel annoyed. Then they would be seen as big meanies. Why would anyone want to lug a bubble machine on a cruise. Plus they can back up and make a mess. We have 3 of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

We were on Liberty a couple weeks ago and we had bubble guns... people seemed to be amused by it and they were trying to figure out where they were coming from. A couple years ago my group of 40 also had bottles of bubbles...Go ahead enjoy yourself.

My lalmost 3 year old little guy has a bubble machine, it produces a ton of bubbles. You think people would get offended if we used it at sail away out on deck?

I think bubbles are fun but not in my eye. I would have to say no in a public setting. If you want to do it in your stateroom then by all means. I'm not even sure that on the balcony would be a good idea either. Sorry to be a party pooper.... I know it is your cruise ,but it is also 3000 other people's cruises too! And frankly, soap on a wet deck is a recipe for disaster. I think I would leave the bubble machine at home. Your tot won't miss it with all the other activities for his age at Camp Carnival. Maybe they do bubbles at some point. Why don't you call Carnival and ask? I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Edited by dljones

My lalmost 3 year old little guy has a bubble machine, it produces a ton of bubbles. You think people would get offended if we used it at sail away out on deck?

Unfortunately, some people will. I think it would be okay if you have a balcony and use it there. Or find a place on the ship where there aren't a lot of people and use it there. I wouldn't mind, but for sure, whether justified or not, some people will...for all the reasons that have been mentioned.

Whatever you decide, I hope you and your family have an amazingly wonderful cruise!:D

Has anyone actually seen one of these little bubble machines in use? The bubbles are small and are lucky to go more than a couple feet in the wind. There is no way for these little bubbles to make the deck slippery unless you opened up the machine and poured out the soapy water on the deck.

Anyone that would complain needs the get a life.

I really doubt her kid is going to bring a big industrial bubble machine.

Unless he found one left over from the Lawrence Welk production crew. :eek:

I have children but we won't be bringing any bubbles. Not that I'm not a kid at heart, because I love blowing bubbles. However not out on a windy public deck. Heaven forbid an adult not like it or feel annoyed. Then they would be seen as big meanies. Why would anyone want to lug a bubble machine on a cruise. Plus they can back up and make a mess. We have 3 of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Heaven forbid that an adult (elderly) slip in the soap and break something. It's everyone's cruise; we all need to remember that.

Hate being a "fun sponge" :o ... but we no longer let children do bubbles on our pool deck even though we bought the bubble machines ... thought it would be fun for them. It was ... but made our deck so slippery that it was dangerous. Now, we have them do the bubble thing in a grassy area. :)

LuLu

Same here after our niece slipped at the birthday party we were hosting for her and ended up in the ER.

I agree with those that say no because of it making the surface too slippery...

I have 4 kids and we own a battery operated bubble machine. The kids love it but we quickly learned, never to operate it on tile or hardwood flooring. We had ours going for about 15 minutes and when I crossed the room to shut it off, I ended up slipping twice on our hardwood flooring.. The first slip wasn't bad but the second, I landed hard on my back... I quickly then learned, that my flooring was covered in a slippery wet mess... Now, the kids are only allowed to pay outside, on the grass with it..

I think its a great idea for a little one to celebrate sail away!!! I wouldn't be offended, and depending on how hot it was, I'd probably run through them and try to catch them (bringing back childhood memories). Enjoy your cruise!!!

I think its a great idea for a little one to celebrate sail away!!! I wouldn't be offended, and depending on how hot it was, I'd probably run through them and try to catch them (bringing back childhood memories). Enjoy your cruise!!!

He won't even know he's sailing away, he'll be too busy making bubbles. He can make bubbles another time. I think it would be distracting for adults nearby, and for the parents as well. I never gave it a thought about making a deck slippery, but that's a valid point, especially if there's some moisture around. Couldn't he keep the machine for home use and enjoy the cruise itself?

He won't even know he's sailing away, he'll be too busy making bubbles. He can make bubbles another time. I think it would be distracting for adults nearby, and for the parents as well. I never gave it a thought about making a deck slippery, but that's a valid point, especially if there's some moisture around. Couldn't he keep the machine for home use and enjoy the cruise itself?

Really? These tiny bubbles are NOT going to make the deck slippery.

Go for it, OP. I think most will enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you read any of the comments about slipperiness before reading MY comment?

Yes they will. Bubbles are just liquid soap. Even a small amount (especially if coupled with water from people getting out of pools, hot tubs, etc and walking on the deck) will create a very, very slippery situation.

The decks are already slippery enough with just water, do we really need to add to it?

I'm surprised they allow bubbles onboard. We've never tried bringing them or noticed them and our wedding contract with Carnival explicitly said we couldn't use bubbles or give them as favors.

OP, if you manage to get them onboard, I'd say find an unpopulated area or your balcony. I'm sure you'll get a lot of adorable pictures, but some adults are not kid-centric when it comes to their vacation. FWIW--we'd have used bubbles for our niece's last three cruises if we knew we could get them past security.

I changed my mind, I'm doing it at the muster drill vs the sail away party. Keep everyone entertained.

I don't believe they would allow that at Muster drill. Everyone is packed in like sardines and the last thing they would want is to have bubbles popping in their face when they cannot move.

I guess you should check with cruise line, but I myself would not have any problem with them, still like to play with bubbles, I get them for me younger nieces and nephews so I can play too. :)