Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old June 27th, 2012, 04:20 PM
"Official"

Default Celebrity Reflection

Celebrity Reflection is really taking shape at the shipyard and we can hardly wait for her launch later this year. Tell us what you'd like to know about the ship.

Old June 27th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

what are the locations on the ship of the Aqua Suites? is there a layout of those suites?

Old June 27th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Is the timing such that the planned completion date will be met?

I am scheduled on the inagural Caribbean and the following 7 day Carib, Only 161 days to go but who's counting. When will excursions be available to view and reserve on the website?

Thanks!!

Old June 27th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Meyerwerft Webcam

Old June 27th, 2012, 04:45 PM
5,000+ Club

We are on the Venice-Barcelona, then the Barcelona -FLL TA and really looking forward to joining her. Along with asking about the status of her build,

1. We've been on Solstice and Eclipse, what are the differences between Reflection and the earlier S-Class ships? Seen and read some, but want to hear from you.

2. Who is the Capt and the Cruise Director? We've met a few of the crew on the Eclipse who will be moving over to the Reflection.

3. Anything special being done for the inaugral TransAtlantic or when she first arrives into Miami?

4. What special lecturers are you expecting on the TA, and the Med cruises?

Boy, really appreciate you coming on and making yourself available. I'll post that you have set this thread up over at our Roll Calls and you'll get more questions!

Den

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdp View Post
According to this Celebrity produced YouTube video, it is slightly ahead of schedule. Float out is scheduled for mid August and conveyance down the Ems river in mid September.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOa4gXlxhvQ

Last edited by boogs; June 27th, 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Old June 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for coming on the boards, Celebrity! I am looking forward to cruising on Reflection in April 2013. Would love to hear anything you have to share about her!

Celebrity Reflection 2013

Celebrity Millenium 2012
Celebrity Solstice 2011
Caribbean Princess 2006

Old June 27th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default ta 2012

We are booked on the inaugural transatlantic November of this year and are so very excited about being on a brand new solstice class ship. We love everything about Celebrity and find it to be a good fit for us. One thing I can't seem to find on any of the deck plans is a promenade deck. That is my favorite place to walk in the mornings and I am having a bad feeling that this has been eliminated on solstice class ships. I know there is a deck 4 Promenade deck - but see no actual promenade. How come?????

Yes, are there going to be any special things done for this inaugural ta sailing?

B Brant

Royal Princess 12/10/15
Celebrity Constellation, Caribbean 1/15
Royal Princess, 2/14, Freedom of the Seas, E.Carib 11/30/14
Caribbean Princess, 11/1/2014,Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas, 12/2/13; Island Princess, Panama Canal - 4/5/13,
Celebrity Reflection, TA 11/12; RCCL Monarch of the Seas 5/12, Crown Princess; So Caribbean 12/11, Grand Princess, Caribbean, 2/11, HAL Westerdam, So Caribbean 12/10; Star Princess, TA 4/10; HAL Eurodam, E Caribbean 4/09; RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, Mexico 12/08; Caribbean Princess, New England/Canada 10/08; Celebrity Century, TA 4/08; RCCL Sovereign of Seas, Bahamas 12/07; Costa Magica, Bermuda 4/07; Sun Princess, S Caribbean 1/07 ; Celebrity Century, So Caribbean 12/05; Celebrity Summit, S Caribbean 11/04; Golden Princess, E Caribbean 4/04; Star Princess, Alaska 8/03; , Sun Princess, Panama Canal 4/02; RCCL Grandeur of Seas, New England/Canada10/01; Celebrity Horizon, Caribbean12/99; RCCL Legend of the Seas, Mediterranean9/99; Sun Princess, W Caribbean 2/98; Star Princess, E. Caribbean 3/97; Sun Princess, W Caribbean 3/96; Star Princess, E Caribbean 12/95; Princess, Panama Canal 1/95; Crown Princess, Alaska 8/94; Star Princess, Alaska 7/90; Veracruz, Mexico 3/88; Monarch Sun, Bahamas 3/75, Costa Franca C, Bahamas 6/71; Bahama Star, Bahamas 7/63.

Old June 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

What cell phone service will be used on the Reflection while at sea? Our Verizon phones always worked on Celebrity ships until we sailed on the Silhouette. Per Verizon, they do not provide service for the Silhouette because it uses On Waves instead of Maritime Wireless. Which will the Reflection use?

Old June 27th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Laundry Facilites

Are there public laundry facilities availabe and the prices? If there is not can yu tell me how much the ships laundry costs?

Till the fun starts

Old June 27th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvnandtaz View Post
Are there public laundry facilities availabe and the prices? If there is not can yu tell me how much the ships laundry costs?
No, not on any Celebrity ship. The laundry service prices are comparable with what you might find at home. See this posting for the most current prices as displayed on Celebrity's web site.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...80&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisequeengoddess67 View Post
One thing I can't seem to find on any of the deck plans is a promenade deck. That is my favorite place to walk in the mornings and I am having a bad feeling that this has been eliminated on solstice class ships. I know there is a deck 4 Promenade deck - but see no actual promenade. How come?????

Are there going to be any special things done for this inaugural ta sailing?
The Solstice class, as with many newer large cruise ships, don't have a traditional promenade deck. That area is now utilized for access to safety equipment such as lifeboats and rafts. Although one can still walk along this deck, and even sit on the lounges placed there, much of the views will be blocked by these boats. There is no way to walk continuously from one side to the other. Apparently it was felt by the designers that there is plenty of open deck areas already and the goal was to add more balcony cabins the area where lifeboats are typically stored on ships with traditional promenade decks, which is above the deck area.

As far as I know there isn't anything special planned for the inaugural sailing from Amsterdam to Barcelona on Oct 12.

Last edited by boogs; June 27th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Old June 27th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm on the inaugural cruise on October 12 from Amsterdam - Barcelona! I can't wait! Glad to hear that things are running on schedule. Only 14 weeks to go! =)

Michael

Crystal Serenity, Eastern Caribbean
Maasdam, Canada/New England
Norwegian Star, Mexican Riviera
Norwegian Sun, Alaska/Sawyer Glacier
Norwegian Jade, Western Mediterranean
Celebrity Equinox, Eastern Mediterrean
Celebrity Summit, Bermuda
Celebrity Reflection, Northern Europe
Celebrity Infinity, South America
Celebrity Silhouette, Adriatic/Mediterranean

UPCOMING!

Azamara Journey, South America
Westerdam, Alaska/Glacier Bay
Celebrity Solstice, Australia/South Pacific
Azamara Journey, Arabian Gulf/Emirates

Old June 27th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cruise Critic Host & 10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogs View Post
According to this Celebrity produced YouTube video, it is slightly ahead of schedule. Float out is scheduled for mid August and conveyance down the Ems river in mid September.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOa4gXlxhvQ
Hi Boogs,

I posted the link to the YouTube video on the 22nd, on this thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1657381

Please Follow me on Twitter

Old June 27th, 2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny01 View Post
2. Who is the Capt and the Cruise Director? We've met a few of the crew on the Eclipse who will be moving over to the Reflection.
Hi Denny,

I asked this previously, and was told the Captain should be Nikolaos Pagonis, and Nick Weir is scheduled to be the CD. Although I can tackle more of your questions, let's leave it to Celebrity.

Last edited by Host Andy; June 27th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

Old June 27th, 2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdp View Post

I am scheduled on the inagural Caribbean and the following 7 day Carib, Only 161 days to go but who's counting. When will excursions be available to view and reserve on the website?

Thanks!!
That's what we have booked too. Our plan is to stay on B2B, for the 3 night sailing and the 7 night sailing. Unfortunately, it's in December, and it creates a host of issues for us, so we may have to look at other Cruise options. I hope not, as I totally want to be on Reflection's first Caribbean sailings !

Old June 27th, 2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRay View Post
what are the locations on the ship of the Aqua Suites? is there a layout of those suites?
Hi NCRay,

On Reflection, the Aqua Class Suites are on Deck 12. Here's a link to the Deck Plan : http://www.celebritycruises.com/expl...%3FshipCode=RF

Here's a link to the Aqua Class Suites Description & Layout : http://www.celebritycruises.com/expl...=D&shipCode=RF

I hope this helps !

Old June 27th, 2012, 10:36 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Andy View Post
I asked this previously, and was told the Captain should be Nikolaos Pagonis,
We just got off of Silhouette with Captain Pagonis, and he said he will be taking a break shortly, and then will being doing the sea trials on Reflection. A great captain.

Old June 27th, 2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texed View Post
We just got off of Silhouette with Captain Pagonis, and he said he will be taking a break shortly, and then will being doing the sea trials on Reflection. A great captain.
Hi Ed -

We've sailed with Captain Pagonis on a few occasions - not in recent years though. We thought he was outstanding, and look forward to (hopefully) sailing with him again in December. I hope you had a great Cruise, and the Waffles were to your liking !

Last edited by Host Andy; June 27th, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Old June 27th, 2012, 10:43 PM
10,000+ Club

Will Reflection suites allow more than two in a room or will they follow the current policy in regular AQ rooms of only two person occpancy...

Old June 27th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Are you keeping the alcoves. Never have seen anyone use them. The seem useless to me.