Favorite Ship?

You always have to go with your first love...The Song of America! We sailed on her twice in the 80s and have loved cruising ever since!

As much as I got hooked on cruising on my honeymoon cruise on the Song of America, my favorite ship (to date) is the Freedom of the Seas!

Independence of the Seas, the best crew in the fleet. Everyone was so friendly and open with the passengers. It was like the entire ship was one large family. Joff Eaton is also the best CD in the fleet and that is his ship.

My favorites because of all the activities they offer. They have something for every age group. The cabins are a comfort to me now as I have sailed with them so many times. I rely on them to give me a wonderful vacation and I have not been disappointed, They offer good food - a wide variety of it. almost anything you could want is going to be there. There are areas that I can be in and be the center of attention and then there are other places I can go and no one knows me. I love a big ship where you meet lots of people. They have good shore excursionns. They have gone out of their way to make sure their theater/floor shows/aqua shows/offer a good product.

I have loved every RCI ship but I just have to go with the Allure. When you're on it, you just can't believe its real life. I am a sucker for the biggest and best cruise ships and this is just incredible. I loved everything about the ship and it was the first time I said I would go on it again and again even though I usually like the try a different ship each trip.

We have been very fortunate to have sailed on at least one ship from each currently active ship class with RCI and can honestly say we have liked each one for different reasons. But to single out a favorite, I would probably have to say that Freedom Class (Independence) would lead the pack - but with others close by. Just a nice balance of size, amenities, venues, itinerary and comfort.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Brilliance of the Seas is my favorite for now, having replaced Explorer of the Seas at the top of my 4-ship list. I think it helps that she winters here in Tampa. :)

Haven't been on a Freedom Class yet, but we have Freedom booked for August, so we'll see if my opinion changes.

Quite possibly the Explorer as it was my first cruise back from an 18-year dry spell. It was also DH's first cruise ever, and it got him hooked! Our 2004 Mariner cruise was pretty special, too. DD's first cruise at the age of 4, and the staff absolutely doted on her. Plus the Stingrays were the house band, and they were awesome!

The Allure is an amazing ship from an engineering point of view... beautiful places throughout, but I still like the Voyager-class better. First cruise ever on the Freedom-class is this summer, so maybe I'll change my mind?

as for WOW factor there was no ship like Soverign of the Seas when it started sailing in late 1980's ( I had been on several cruise ships before sailing her ), now its hard to tell one ship from another most of the time.