Confused re: Shampoo

Reading a few threads it sounds like shampoo and soap are not standard in all rooms. Can someone clarify? Do they still have the shampoo dispensers in the shower? Do they still give bar soap for the sink?

We'll be on Freedom in 1 week. Hoping to not need to bring shampoo.

Thanks!

Reading a few threads it sounds like shampoo and soap are not standard in all rooms. Can someone clarify? Do they still have the shampoo dispensers in the shower? Do they still give bar soap for the sink?

Thanks!

There will be two bars of soap in your cabin: one for the sink, one for the shower.

The shampoo dispenser is still in the shower.

Note that the dispenser in the shower is a combo shampoo/conditioner, so if you don't like the combo thing, you should bring your own.

What's in the dispenser is terrible. We're always in a JS or GS so we get small bottles provided, but I still bring my own.

Had a CL suite on Allure.

Small individual one use tubes of the Gilchrist and Soames products.....

Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel as well as skin lotion were provided in both bathrooms, twice daily.

Some days we had 3 of each placed on the counter.

I came home with over 30 of each product:D.

She keep me refreshed till we sail again in August.....

unless that is taken away with cutbacks.

Sea Ya

I believe the stuff in the dispenser is shower cleaner....no way would I use it on my hair or body!

Bring what you need....you don't need full-sized bottles! It's easier to have what works for you, than to wonder if you'll have what you need.

Too funny.......

Thanks!

I always bring my own no matter where I stay. Even in hotels. I have long hair and am fussy about what I use. But if there is a drug store near the port maybe you can buy done there.

(and if you ask, even if not in a suite, you can get those Gilchrist & Soames products. ;) )

They were in our cabin when we arrived on the Explorer a couple weeks ago. Didn't have to ask. Don't know if it is because we are D+, or we just had a great cabin steward. BTW, we were in an inside cabin.....no suite. Didn't use them anyway because I always bring my own. But still appreciated it.

If I don't get any on my Nov. cruise, I will ask, just to see if I get them. I should have tried them to see if I liked them, then I wouldn't have to bring my own.

Gwen :)

They were in our cabin when we arrived on the Explorer a couple weeks ago. Didn't have to ask. Don't know if it is because we are D+, or we just had a great cabin steward. BTW, we were in an inside cabin.....no suite. Didn't use them anyway because I always bring my own. But still appreciated it.

If I don't get any on my Nov. cruise, I will ask, just to see if I get them. I should have tried them to see if I liked them, then I wouldn't have to bring my own.

Gwen :)

Upgraded bathroom amenities are supposed to be a perk for over 340 points, but it rarely happens automatically for us. We usually have to ask as Carol suggested.

Vision is the only RCI ship that I have been on that has removed the dispenser from the shower and provides no amenities in standard cabins. There is a holder for the mini products in JS and above on Vision and they are present upon boarding and replenished as needed.

I was on Legend last week and friends in standard inside and outside had the dispenser and soap provided there, even though a Vision class ship.