Laundry Room Noise?

Travel_Maven

My family has reserved 3 cabins (C703, C705 & C707) on the Coral Princess for Next June to Alaska. We got these cabins to fit our family needs for a suite and 2 mini-suites, connecting balconies for 2 of them, and a room for 4. It appears that C705 and C707 are across from the Laundry facilities. Can anyone tell me how noisy these rooms are?

Thanks!!

You won't hear anything. The entrance to that laundry room is actually around the corner, in the cross-corridor adjacent to the door of inside cabin C710. Unless there's some big riot outside the laundry room door(!), you'll be fine.

Enjoy the convenience. My cabin was C204 and it was a looooooong walk back there to use the iron or throw a load into the washer!

We have had B405 which is directly opposite the launderette on the Sun class ships on three occasions and we had no problems at night.

During the day, simply because it gets very hot in the launderette, there is a tendency for users to prop open the launderette door with a chair and stand and chat in the corridor outside the launderette, but, did it disturb us?

No, not really. In fact it was not at all noticeable from inside our cabin, and we were only aware of their presence as we entered and left our cabin.

We just returned from a cruise on the Ocean and our room was directly across from the laundry room (by choice). There was never any issue with noise and it was very convenient. BTW, this is the only self service laundry on this small ship so it was often busy, but never noisy.

We were on Dolphin deck of the Coral, right across from the laundry. Not a bit of noise and super convienent. I would book those rooms again with no hesitation.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

On the Regal, the laundry room is open 24 hrs... the only time I could find a washer available was by getting up at 4am to do laundry! You can't hear any noise from the hallway including the TV they have in there. However since there is high traffic and the door constantly slams hard, I would not get a room too close. Again this is the Regal, I don't know the setup on older ships.

On the Regal, the laundry room is open 24 hrs... the only time I could find a washer available was by getting up at 4am to do laundry! You can't hear any noise from the hallway including the TV they have in there. However since there is high traffic and the door constantly slams hard, I would not get a room too close. Again this is the Regal, I don't know the setup on older ships.

We spent 30 days on the Royal on her Grand Med and B2B Maiden TA right across the hall from the laundry and never heard a thing! Enjoy the convenience!

Denise

Were going on a 14 day cruise on the CB. How easy is it to find a empty washer/dryer?

The very first day I had no trouble. The other 2x, I tried 2-3 times to do laundry and couldn't find anything available even on the floors above/below. Once was early afternoon when I thought most would be still out and the other time was during dinner hours. No biggie so I just got up early at 5ish and even then I wasn't alone! I wouldn't worry about this, you'll find one available at some point. Definitely buy your washer/dryer coins on the first day. I noticed they were cheaper on embarkation day but went up in price for the remainder.

My only concern would be with leaving valuables in sight in your cabin. The way stewards tend to leave doors open when cleaning rooms and then go off briefly to get supplies or wherever it is they sometimes disappear to I wouldn't want valuables in view of people using the laundry.