Whisky Bar Debuts on Princess Cruises Ship

LauraS

The Dawn is very mainstream down here, thanks.

Lovely ship with many loyal cruisers.

Sorry, not trying to disparage the Dawn or anything Down Under. I've sailed her around both OZ and Kiwi-land and would do so again in a heartbeat. I thought her layout was great and the passengers even better.

It's just so darn difficult for us North Americans to get to her.

Bartenders are on hand to provide advice, serving by the nip as well as creating a daily flight of three whiskies for sampling different flavours. The menu draws on remote region Scottish whiskies such as Talkiser, classic American bourbons like Knob Hill, and local drops including Bakery Hill's Double Wood whisky from Melbourne and New Zealand's South Island Single Malt.

I would be happy if this were to roll out to the entire fleet. I've had Talisker with my son. He keeps a number of the shelves of his wine racks stocked with 10 - 18 year old Scotch. (Those Scots do know what whiskey is all about... :)) I also enjoy boubon, rye, and Irish whiskey. Parings of whiskey like one gets with flights of wine in Vines would be interesting.

We are sailing around Britain next week - sampling different whisk(e)ys as we sail round Scotland would be wonderful. I guess I'll just have to work through what they do have - what a hardship...:D Glad we bought the Beverage package!

Edited by SteveH2508

The Regal Princess was supposed to be offering three Whiskey flights in the Wheelhouse Bar. Not my cup of tea.

Mine either.

Now if it was a flight of fine gins. . . .;)

Mike:)

I have a serious problem. My favorite adult beverage is "wet". For me, everything is worth trying, some things are worth trying more than once. :D

Just finishing my 16 oz G&T ...

The three girls have a big following down here. They also do a lot of bigger journeys from Australia that sell very well. I guess they catering to the local market. I've cruised on the Dawn four times. There is nothing wrong with these ships.

Edited by icat2000

The three girls have a big following down here. They also do a lot of bigger journeys from Australia that sell very well. I guess they catering to the local market. I've cruised on the Dawn four times. There is nothing wrong with these ships.

I've sailed on Dawn Princess and Sea Princess. They were both lovely ships. :)

Other than the fact the we in the U.S. need to fly halfway around the world to sail on them.

Mine either.

Now if it was a flight of fine gins. . . .;)

Mike:)

There has been a huge increase in the number and variety of 'craft' gins in the UK in the last few years (and some decent mixers to go with them). It is a good time for those who appreciate the finer things in a glass...:D

Bartenders are on hand to provide advice, serving by the nip as well as creating a daily flight of three whiskies for sampling different flavours. The menu draws on remote region Scottish whiskies such as Talkiser, classic American bourbons like Knob Hill, and local drops including Bakery Hill's Double Wood whisky from Melbourne and New Zealand's South Island Single Malt.

I would be happy if this were to roll out to the entire fleet. I've had Talisker with my son. He keeps a number of the shelves of his wine racks stocked with 10 - 18 year old Scotch. (Those Scots do know what whiskey is all about... :)) I also enjoy boubon, rye, and Irish whiskey. Parings of whiskey like one gets with flights of wine in Vines would be interesting.

Knob Hill? Think it meant to say Knob Creek. We did a whiskey tasting at the Monte Carlo in Las Vegas and enjoyed it. Would very much like to do it on a Princess ship.

I have sailed the Sea, Dawn and Sun multiple times. LOVE those ships! Honestly, some of my best cruises have been on these ships. I also prefer the layout on the Sun Class to the Grand class ships.

Edited by Coral

Knob Hill? Think it meant to say Knob Creek. We did a whiskey tasting at the Monte Carlo in Las Vegas and enjoyed it. Would very much like to do it on a Princess ship.

D'Oh! Yes, of course I meant Knob Creek. I really shouldn't post while working. [emoji33]

We loved the Sun Class ships -- not too big and not too small! :)

LuLu

Same here..............cruised on the Sun Princess two times 1997 & 1999 and the ship size was perfect for us too.

Hope Princess rolls out the Whisky Bar fleet wide soon.