Equinox luminae 10/27 update

Wj420

We're finishing a wonderful 12 night on 10/27. I did hear the staff comment that for the next cruise (10/27 trans) that luminae will not be open on port days.

With all the threads about the hours, I do find it interesting that each ship can actually make their own dining hours decisions regarding lunch. As this is not my sailing I can't get involved other than to advise the next sailing.

I will say luminae has been fabulous and will do a review upon our return. Enjoy!

We're finishing a wonderful 12 night on 10/27. I did hear the staff comment that for the next cruise (10/27 trans) that luminae will not be open on port days.

With all the threads about the hours, I do find it interesting that each ship can actually make their own dining hours decisions regarding lunch. As this is not my sailing I can't get involved other than to advise the next sailing.

I will say luminae has been fabulous and will do a review upon our return. Enjoy!

Surely you meant to say the Luminate will not be open for lunch on Port days?

Hi Everyone,

Please take a few moments to review our Guidelines . In particular, comments about Spelling & Grammar.

Here's a portion of our guidelines, concerning the above :

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Thanks very much for your understanding and participation !

Miami offices may post whatever hours they believe to be true however it is now quite evident each ship is and can choose how they operate Luminae's lunch days be it open, closed, lunch or brunch. In our 12 night it was open b, l and d. Brunch was never offered. It is a wonderful experience regardless. The team on the Equinox is really lovely and very accommodating. Our waiter even offered to get whatever we would like from any of the speciality restaurants. The last evening we enjoyed appetizers from Tuscan and Dover sole from Murano! Enjoy!!

I think that there is no Central influence working on Luminae's hours. We are told that the ships are doing B,L and D but the ships are doing what they like. We had 4 brunch's in a row on the Eclipse last month until I complained about it.

No doubt they are back to doing what they feel like again now that we are off the ship.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

On our cruise, when they started to do lunch, it was extended to 1.30 and here were always enough guests there to make it look busy in the front part of the restaurant. I wasn't ever seated in the rear section so I don't know how busy that was.

I can understand why they would not run lunch on port days, especially if they finish lunch at 1pm as few are back on ship by that time, but it would be a pity if you weren't able to leave get ship and lunch wasn't available in Luninae.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

I can understand why they would not run lunch on port days, especially if they finish lunch at 1pm as few are back on ship by that time, but it would be a pity if you weren't able to leave get ship and lunch wasn't available in Luninae.

There's usually at least a couple of ports on each cruise where we just stay onboard. I'd certainly like a decent dining alternative/option for lunch (other than the buffet or room service) on those days.

Tom

Update from Equinox Luminae staff...

Luminae will no longer be open for lunch on port days, only for sea days. This is now in effect, and is supposed to be across all ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another note...

We were also told today that on port days suite guests can eat lunch at Bistro on Five with no up-charge, since Luminae will not be open for lunch.

Another note...

We were also told today that on port days suite guests can eat lunch at Bistro on Five with no up-charge, since Luminae will not be open for lunch.

Interesting!

Perhaps I'll have to find something I like there. I've tried it perhaps half a dozen times and been underwhelmed each time there.

Tom

Interesting!

Perhaps I'll have to find something I like there. I've tried it perhaps half a dozen times and been underwhelmed each time there.

Tom

But you can find a seat in Bistro, not necessarily the case at the Oceanview Cafe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question about Elite Cocktail Hour.

On the Equinox they gave out coupons due to large number of Elites on this TA cruise., Additionally, The cocktail hour is still held each night in the Sky Lounge.

They collected coupons at the Sky Lounge, so you are limited to 3 drinks per person regardless. Is this normally how it works with the coupons? For some reason I thought they did not collect coupons in the Sky Lounge.

Not that we are lushes, just curious.

Another note...

Thanks for the update.