Mattress topper request?

LHARTWICK

Is it possible to submit a mattress topper request for our cabin prior to our cruise? I've done it with other lines before. If so, what is the process? Or do I need to request ASAP after boarding? We are on LOS in October and I've read countless posts that say the mattresses are terrible. Thanks!

I have never requested one in advance, but I ask my stateroom attendant when we meet him/her on the first day and have always gotten one

Thanks - I've done that on a couple and the toppers were already spoken for on the first day. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Not sure if it will work, but I'd try [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse].

Thanks Bob.

I will need to send request for Oasis Dec. 18. Had spine surgery and L hip replacement surgery last year so will need the mattress topper.

Grace

A representative already emailed me saying will provide me with a mattress topper. I gave them my reservation number so they can notate my reservation with my request.

Excellent, please let us know what you actually get.

I went through special needs for a foam bedtopper. Last week on Freedom it was in place when we boarded. It looked like the egg crates they used to have, but felt thicker. Or maybe my memory is slipping.

I went through special needs for a foam bedtopper. Last week on Freedom it was in place when we boarded. It looked like the egg crates they used to have, but felt thicker. Or maybe my memory is slipping.

That's certainly great news. I've got two emails from special needs indicating the foam topper will be in place when I arrive, and a phone call to special needs that indicated they were not available. However, you're the second confirmation from a FOS pax they were available. So I guess we'll just see. Thanks.

Is it possible to submit a mattress topper request for our cabin prior to our cruise? I've done it with other lines before. If so, what is the process? Or do I need to request ASAP after boarding? We are on LOS in October and I've read countless posts that say the mattresses are terrible. Thanks!

I call and get it done before every cruise. super easy, just call Royal and tell them

We just got off Serenade. I had emailed Special Needs and they responded saying that it would be passed along to the steward. When I checked with him, he appeared to know nothing about it, and said that they don't have the foam toppers any more. He said that he added something, but to be honest, I couldn't tell any difference. The bed was certainly....firm.

Now, FWIW, as we were leaving the ship, we saw a foam topper being moved out of a room. So they do apparently exist - just not for me!:rolleyes:

I have received "confirmation" that a topper will be placed on my mattress on embarkation day which is in 53 more sleeps. This was the same story I got last February before my Adventure cruise and once onboard, no one knew anything about my request!! Needless to say I was pretty annoyed, and had a backache most of the week onboard, which as most people know is not how you want to feel on vacation. Thanks to a poster on here, I ordered and received today an incredible product pictured below 4856c21db507e7205921d1377d97f018.jpg

You should check it out on Amazon. It weighs just one pound and as you can see it rolls up very compact. I can't count on RCI and I can't risk another vacation with a sore back. This ergonomic mattress pad inflates easily (12 breaths) and can be easily packed in either a suitcase or carry on[emoji3].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Liberty in February and asked our room steward for a topper; he said they didn't have any on board but would put extra padding down for us. The bed was very hard. I think the toppers are only available on certain ships.

Edited by CyberTag

I have received "confirmation" that a topper will be placed on my mattress on embarkation day which is in 53 more sleeps. This was the same story I got last February before my Adventure cruise and once onboard, no one knew anything about my request!! Needless to say I was pretty annoyed, and had a backache most of the week onboard, which as most people know is not how you want to feel on vacation. Thanks to a poster on here, I ordered and received today an incredible product pictured below 4856c21db507e7205921d1377d97f018.jpg

You should check it out on Amazon. It weighs just one pound and as you can see it rolls up very compact. I can't count on RCI and I can't risk another vacation with a sore back. This ergonomic mattress pad inflates easily (12 breaths) and can be easily packed in either a suitcase or carry on[emoji3].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to know how this works out. I am planning on taking my own padding in April...i can't stand the thought of another cruise in a bed that makes sleeping so uncomfortable.

Thanks

Patti