wi fi Nassau

superduper123

WiFi is free and slow in the terminal building right next to the pier. A little faster in McDonalds. We usually use Starbucks, where it's something like $5 per hour, but fast and a comfortable place to sit.

When you dock at Nassau there is free wifi in the small terminal building, you see everyone there with laptops and gadgets connecting, I found it quite slow, in Nassau town there is a starbucks but they charge about $3 for it, walk further along and there is Mcdonalds which is free but speeds vary. Last time I just paid and used a computer in an internet cafe, was something like $5 for an hour.

My favorite (dare I even mention this as it's a very small space) is the Nassau Public Library. Not free, but I think it's something like $2.50 for 5 hours.

Do tell us how you like the Grandeur.

Roy

My favorite (dare I even mention this as it's a very small space) is the Nassau Public Library. Not free, but I think it's something like $2.50 for 5 hours.

Do tell us how you like the Grandeur.

Roy

Absolutely Roy, I will post something when I return. But probably not a detailed review like many others do. I'm sure I will love it. Vision and Radiance class are always my preference. Are you sailing the Grandeur anytime soon? :)

Absolutely Roy, I will post something when I return. But probably not a detailed review like many others do. I'm sure I will love it. Vision and Radiance class are always my preference. Are you sailing the Grandeur anytime soon? :)

Semi-regrettably no. I am very heavily booked for the next year or so.

Roy

I'm assuming I will be able to get internet access somewhere in Nassau? I hear the ship wi fi is expensive and slow, so hoping to connect in Nassau.

Thanks

Starbucks is within walking distance. Free Wifi.

After you leave ship and walk through the "terminal" building, you will see a street that parallels the ship. All sorts of small streets go up from this street toward Bay Street, the main drag. On several of these small streets there are little internet cafés with cheap rates. Some are at street level, some are a story up. Look for the signs.

But they have the nicest, cleanest bathrooms in Nassau! ;)

And very comfortable couches and chairs to relax in while using the Internet. Well worth the $5 we paid.:)

We tried to Skype, using our iPhones from the McDonald's. We were able to connect, however, inside, they have TVs upstairs and on the main level. They were turned to a very loud level, and made it difficult to talk. We went outside, right by the door, and dropped the call a couple of times. Also, there were a lot of loud trucks that went by. But we were able to make the calls. We had purchased the unlimited monthly package for $2.99, so we just told the other party to hold on for a minute.

We were not successful connecting at the terminal.

I was in Nassau in December, and Dunkin Donuts offered free Wi-Fi. When you get off the ship, head right toward Senor Frogs, once you get to Senor Frogs, turn left, and you will see it right ahead of you. I also got a Dunkin Donuts Bahamas Coffee mug for about $7 - it made a great souvenir for myself!

I'm assuming I will be able to get internet access somewhere in Nassau? I hear the ship wi fi is expensive and slow, so hoping to connect in Nassau.

Thanks

I used the WiFi a Senor Frogs for free in January.

• 2 months later...

Archived