Celebrity Reflection muster drill ?

Noreen411

Hi

This will be our first cruise on Celebrity. We are sailing on the Reflection.

Our last few cruises were on Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas. The muster drill was held inside on Anthem. The muster stations were various places indoors, usually restaurants.

Where do they do the muster drill on Reflection? Is it indoors? Lined up outside on deck? Something else?

Thank you in advance for your help

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, in all of the ships we have sailed on with Celebrity it has been held indoors. It varies according to the location of your stateroom (I think), we have been to one in the main restaurant (Eclipse) one year in Tuscan Grill (Reflection) and I cant remember where on the Equinox

Hi, in all of the ships we have sailed on with Celebrity it has been held indoors. It varies according to the location of your stateroom (I think), we have been to one in the main restaurant (Eclipse) one year in Tuscan Grill (Reflection) and I cant remember where on the Equinox

Thank you for the information.

Glad to hear it’s held indoors.

Thank you

We've done two muster drills this year on Reflection. One was in the auditorium and one was in the Murano Restaurant. You won't need to bring or wear a life vest. The auditorium is a more comfortable venue. If your venue is Murano, get there early to get a seat.

Thank you

It will be in various indoor locations depending on the location of your stateroom. You will not need to bring your life vest. Ours, in December on Reflection was in the MDR, so plenty of seating, however other areas didn't offer as nearly as much. I yours is in one of the smaller venues and you need to sit, I'd advise you to get there early. On Reflection they are doing the muster drill by showing a "Mission Impossible/James Bond" movie spoof. In my opinion it was ridiculous and would be of no use to cruisers who'd not seen a normal muster drill in case of a real emergency. Most places could not even see the movie screen between where they were seated and the sun glare on the screens. They need to take it seriously and not make a joke of it.

It will be in various indoor locations depending on the location of your stateroom. You will not need to bring your life vest. Ours, in December on Reflection was in the MDR, so plenty of seating, however other areas didn't offer as nearly as much. I yours is in one of the smaller venues and you need to sit, I'd advise you to get there early. On Reflection they are doing the muster drill by showing a "Mission Impossible/James Bond" movie spoof. In my opinion it was ridiculous and would be of no use to cruisers who'd not seen a normal muster drill in case of a real emergency. Most places could not even see the movie screen between where they were seated and the sun glare on the screens. They need to take it seriously and not make a joke of it.

Probably the worst place for the drill is in the photography area - very limited seating - get there at least 30 minutes prior.

I agree with all you say about the muster other than the one in the auditorium. That little movie is useless and takes too long to say too little. The first time I saw it, I thought it was cute, but not especially informative. Also anyone who cannot see the movie is at a total disadvantage because they will learn nothing. The best advice I can give a first-time musterer is arrive early to the muster and find a good seat.

SO RIGHT!!! Muster on Equinox was the same corny movie, which most of the group couldn't see. Absolutely worthless, especially to new cruisers.

All muster stations are on decks 4 & 5

As for the video that has now being playing for almost 2 years, I don't see any issues with it.

Airlines have been playing them for years too.

I find it easy to follow and way more helpful that sitting and watching people disrespectfully mimicking the different languages that the old drill video used to play. :rolleyes:

#SafetyFirst :cool:

All muster stations are on decks 4 & 5

As for the video that has now being playing for almost 2 years, I don't see any issues with it.

Airlines have been playing them for years too.

I find it easy to follow and way more helpful that sitting and watching people disrespectfully mimicking the different languages that the old drill video used to play. :rolleyes:

#SafetyFirst :cool:

I'd agree except for two things. First, I think the movie made a joke of the safety information, and the important information was hidden in the joke. Second, and most importantly, many were unable to view the screen. In an airplane (which you referenced) the screen is viewable easily by everyone, as opposed to the venues on a ship which are not set up for screen views.

I'd agree except for two things. First, I think the movie made a joke of the safety information, and the important information was hidden in the joke. Second, and most importantly, many were unable to view the screen. In an airplane (which you referenced) the screen is viewable easily by everyone, as opposed to the venues on a ship which are not set up for screen views.

As is also referenced in the safety briefing/announcements - you can watch the video all cruise long in your cabin.

And I’m sure Celebrity nor any other cruise company make a JOKE about safety.

I’ll second the advice to go early to get a seat or a comfy place to stand. We had the drill in Michael’s Club for three cruises, and on the first one, we had to stand pressed against strangers on all sides. Not the way I prefer to get to know my fellow cruisers!

Definitely, watch the video in your cabin. But if the only thing that a cruise passenger takes away from the actual muster drill is “I know where my muster station is, and how to get to it by the stairs, and I know how to listen to the crew when they tell me something”, then I think the most important job has been done. Unlike an aircraft, where there is usually a hurry to get out, the aim of the crew on a ship is generally to keep you calm, safe and afloat, hopefully still on the ship.

We were on 2 cruises in January. We had the muster drill in Michael’s Club - based upon location of our cabin. We had to stand at the drill, but we prefer to arrive late for the drill. The last people to arrive at the drill are situated to leave the drill first. That’s my husband’s strategy.

Probably the worst place for the drill is in the photography area - very limited seating - get there at least 30 minutes prior.

Totally agree, the photo gallery is the worst location for the muster drill.

We normally sail on rccl but was on summit a couple of weeks ago, while most things are same , was very happy with the indoor muster drill and several other things, looking forward to sailing celebrity again next year.