Is it worth jumping on a 3 nighter ?

We are currently Platinum C&A members and are 2 points shy of Emerald. I'm going on a week long cruise in February 2019 with hopes of upgrading to a JS, so we will get double points than. Are the perks of being Emerald worth going on a quick 3 nighter?

We are currently Platinum C&A members and are 2 points shy of Emerald. I'm going on a week long cruise in February 2019 with hopes of upgrading to a JS, so we will get double points than. Are the perks of being Emerald worth going on a quick 3 nighter?

No way. All you get over Platinum is $25 more of a balcony discount and a welcome aboard beverage.

Emerald is not of much value over Platinum...not sure it was actually supposed to be there when it first came out a few years ago. Rumors are it was put in the wrong spot on the tier ladder. :confused::o

We never even made Emerald, skipped right over it on one longer cruise, going from Platinum to Diamond. Such a short span.

The only thing you get at Emerald that you don't get at Platinum is a free snack and beverage package. I'm only getting Emerald status for 1 cruise. My last cruise last year got me from 53 to 62. I'm officially Emerald. I leave for my solo 9 night in 50 days. Giving me exactly..18 points. Quickest Emerald trip ever...I tell my wife I'm taking one for the team :')

Going for the fun is totally worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only if you are looking for an excuse to book a three nighter.

That's what we did, but a 4 nighter.

We have Symphony booked for next March. After that cruise, we will be 1 point away from next level. So that got me thinking...what if we booked a mini cruise to push us up a level? SO now we have Mariner booked. I'll say that that was what gave me the idea, but in the end, has nothing to do with our booking. I think for us, the next level gets us (small) balcony discounts and a robe.

Definitely not worth the cost of a 3 day cruise for 2 to get an extra $25 balcony discount and a can of coke.

Going for the fun is totally worth it.

Agreed! I wouldn't fly - only if it's within driving distance.

We had done only 7/8 night cruises, but took a 4 night to check out the port in Charleston & it was great. And it recharged the batteries until the next cruise which is coming up soon.

That's what we did, but a 4 nighter.

We have Symphony booked for next March. After that cruise, we will be 1 point away from next level. So that got me thinking...what if we booked a mini cruise to push us up a level? SO now we have Mariner booked. I'll say that that was what gave me the idea, but in the end, has nothing to do with our booking. I think for us, the next level gets us (small) balcony discounts and a robe.[/quote

From what I hear, you can sometimes get a robe if you just ask the steward. I let the steward take mine because I don't use it and I know it's important to a lot of cruisers. The balcony discount can't usually be combined with other discounts so it's not what it used to be. On our next cruise, figuring it both ways, the special discount gave us more of a discount than our Diamond balcony discount. You no longer get the gift. The Welcome basket is a nice gesture and appreciated, but I wouldn't take a cruise just to get it. We're usually cruising with someone who is't Diamond so we seldom leave them waiting on us to go to the Diamond lounge. I appreciate the 3 drinks on my Seapass, as I can at least use this. I've probably missed a few of the perks, but as you can see, you can already get or can get most of the benefits of Diamond status without being Diamond.