Best place to stay close to Port Canaveral

JWBmom

Where is the best place to stay precruise at Port Canaveral?

Are there any hotels where you can see the ships in port?

Thanks

Radisson and Country Inn and Suites are close to the Port. There may be another one too. Tons of info on both places in the FL Departure forum :)

Personally, I stay in Cocoa Beach. :)

Edited by ryano

Radisson and Country Inn and Suites are close to the Port. There may be another one too. Tons of info on both places in the FL Departure forum :)

Personally, I stay in Cocoa Beach. :)

The other one is Residence Inn.:) You can see the ships from the hotels but just the upper decks in the distance. It is nice to look out first thing in the morning and see your ship waiting for you though.

Depends on what makes up your idea of "the best." For us, "the best" was a clean room that was cost efficient so we could spend our money on the cruise. Thus we wound up at the Days Inn Cocoa Beach - $45.00/night for two queen beds, 5 minutes from the pier and a 40% off coupon for parking at the pier. We could see the ships in the distance from our balcony when they were leaving on Saturday shortly after we arrived.

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites. Free shuttle to port, free breakfast with a little more than continental and great staff.

We flew red eye and arrived to Port Canaveral at 7:00 am and they let us check in!!

I highly recommend!!

We drove down from Illinois and stayed here. We were able to leave the car parked there all week, and we took advantage of the free shuttle bus. Other family members flew in and used a shuttle to get to port. If you stay on the top floor facing the port, you can see the ship in the morning when you get up. Breakfast was good too.

We just stayed at the Residence Inn. Included free wifi, breakfast, shuttle to/from the port and parking for the week. Seems like it was around $150 for the night. It was really packed on Saturday night with guest for Freedom, Disney and Carnival.

I seem to be the only person that loves the Holiday Inn Express. Granted it is about 2 miles from the other hotels but is in an easy walking distance to the Cocoa Beach Pier which = Beach Day!, Publix's & liquor is right behind it, sit down restaurants around it as well as a sovereign shop that sells boogie boards with a coupon for $3.99 to make your beach day that much more fun and if that wasn't enough free breakfast & wifi. It has a shuttle to the port (fee) but we take the Cocoa Beach Shuttle for $5pp.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I stayed in Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach, through a great Fly, Snooze, & Cruise package. It included all three shuttles (MCO to hotel, hotel to port, and port to MCO), breakfast, and a drink coupon for the hotel bar. I even got a free upgrade to a suite when I expressed concerns about the room assigned to me. The room had a kitchenette (sink and a microwave, but no stove), a sitting area, and a private balcony. The only sketchy part was the hotel bar.

The total cost for the package was $149 for one person or $199 for two, plus taxes.

The neighborhood had plenty of stores, including Ron Jon's surf shop right next door, a grocery store across the street, and many restaurants within walking distance. You still need a car if you want to go anywhere fun. Otherwise, you can walk to the beach or just wander along Atlantic Avenue. The neighborhood is pretty safe. There's an "adult" hotel a few blocks away and a liquor store or two, but that's about it.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

There are tons of hotels/motels along A1A in Cocoa Beach.....many

have been named already. The Radisson, Residence Inn, and Country Inn

are all the westside of A1A (if you want to go to the beach you need to

walk across A1A.

There are other hotels on the beachside........you walk outside and the

water is there;).....

I have stayed at The Best Western and it was fine....on the water.

and I have also stayed at The Doubletree which is on the water side too

and it is very nice and you get warm chocolate chip cookies:D

There are more hotels than just what was mentioned on this thread.

The entire strip of A1A has hotels.......:)

Radisson is ok, not great, a little dated! Great pool tho!

If you want clean oceanfront free shuttle, park/drive to port. Free breakfast too. Look at the Hampton Inn, it is about 3 miles to Port Canaveral.

Sherry

Hampton Inn has an updated lobby but their rooms are very dated. Our room was clean but had the smell of an older room that was in a very humid climate. Bathroom fixtures should have been replaced years ago. The hotel also had outside corridors which we did not like.

Residence Inn is our preferred hotel but we booked our cruise last minute and Residence Inn was already sold out.

We will be staying at the Doubletree by HIlton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront , it has really good reviews and the pictures look amazing. Also it's only 6 mins away from where we will be parking at (the Radisson. ). Plus it has a restaurant on property and offers balcony rooms facing the ocean.

Edited by Rainbowfalls

Are there any hotels that offer transportation from the airport to the hotel then from the hotel to the port?

In general no. The Orlando airport is about 50 minutes away from the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. I have only heard of one hotel in Cocoa Beach that provides a fly/shuttle/stay package like you are looking for but it was not very cheap. There are multiple shuttle services that can transport you from Orlando to Canaveral/Cocoa Beach hotels. They are shared shuttle services that run about $25 per person. There is also a limo service that comes highly recommended Executive VIP Limo's.

Sometimes the cheapest route is to rent a car and drive yourself. It's a straight shot down Hwy. 528 Beachline Expressway.

In general no. The Orlando airport is about 50 minutes away from the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. I have only heard of one hotel in Cocoa Beach that provides a fly/shuttle/stay package like you are looking for but it was not very cheap. There are multiple shuttle services that can transport you from Orlando to Canaveral/Cocoa Beach hotels. They are shared shuttle services that run about $25 per person. There is also a limo service that comes highly recommended Executive VIP Limo's.

Sometimes the cheapest route is to rent a car and drive yourself. It's a straight shot down Hwy. 528 Beachline Expressway.

Thanks. Any shuttle service you can recommend?

The three most popular and with the best reviews are:

Travelynx

Cocoa Beach Shuttle

Executive VIP Limo

Hope this helps..

The 2 most recommended on here are Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Travel Lynx.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks!

Depends on what makes up your idea of "the best." For us, "the best" was a clean room that was cost efficient so we could spend our money on the cruise. Thus we wound up at the Days Inn Cocoa Beach - $45.00/night for two queen beds, 5 minutes from the pier and a 40% off coupon for parking at the pier. We could see the ships in the distance from our balcony when they were leaving on Saturday shortly after we arrived.

How was the breakfast and other things at days Inn? It seems to have the best price for park and cruise for our dates.

Are there any hotels that offer transportation from the airport to the hotel then from the hotel to the port?

The Radisson offers shuttle service both ways from the Orlando airport. Just talked to them this morning. They have very specific times though. We are using Cocoa Beach Shuttle to and from airport and they got good reviews.