Britannia dining - Glass House etc.

Sweetpeajoey

I’m new to P&O so just have a question to a seasoned traveller.

I have just been into my “Cruise Personaliser” to look for a restaurant to book as a treat for our party for my husbands 50th Birthday. However in the select dining option only 3 restaurants appear for booking; Epicurean, Eric Lanlard afternoon tea and Sindhu.

I was looking for one of the other two; Glass House or Beach House but they aren’t on the list..... can you pre-book these restaurants or is the fact that they are omitted mean I have missed out and they’re booked up? 🙄

Unless the situation has changed since I last sailed with P&O a year ago, tables in the Glass House and the Beach House cannot be reserved in advance. It is strictly first come first served, you just turn up on the night and hope that there is a table available.

I have just been into my “Cruise Personaliser” to look for a restaurant to book as a treat for our party for my husbands 50th Birthday. However in the select dining option only 3 restaurants appear for booking; Epicurean, Eric Lanlard afternoon tea and Sindhu.

I was looking for one of the other two; Glass House or Beach House but they aren’t on the list..... can you pre-book these restaurants or is the fact that they are omitted mean I have missed out and they’re booked up? [emoji849]

Pretty certain that Sindhu and Epicurian are the only restaurants you can reserve tables at.

Either would make a good location for a celebratory meal depending on your food tastes. Check out the example menus to figure out which would be best for your party. Sindhu is cheaper but no less of a special event unless the cuisine is not to your taste.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have just returned on Britannia,we were told on board that the Beach House IS available for reservations & will be bookable via the Cruise Organiser,this was good news as on our last cruise we were being told there was a 2 hour wait for a table most nights,bad news if you are saying that it still isn't on the Cruise Organiser!

Although we enjoy the Beach House we are not sure that it is worth the extra £7.50pp

What do you get for £7.50 at the beach house?

A fabulous meal and for way less than other select dining on other cruise ships. On Celebrity you pay about $50 each for the select dining -

Great views, fabulous food and just a different experience.

Well worth the charge

A fabulous meal and for way less than other select dining on other cruise ships. On Celebrity you pay about $50 each for the select dining -

Great views, fabulous food and just a different experience.

Well worth the charge

You can usually prebook 3 meals on Celebrity for about £80. Sometimes even better deals on board

Beach house is fine as far as it goes but just pub style tex mex type food IMHO

Absolutely no comparison with Murano, Tuscan Grill and

Qsine

Murano and Epicuran are better comparisons

You can usually prebook 3 meals on Celebrity for about £80. Sometimes even better deals on board

Beach house is fine as far as it goes but just pub style tex mex type food IMHO

Absolutely no comparison with Murano, Tuscan Grill and

Qsine

Murano and Epicuran are better comparisons

Will have to agree to disagree here. I think each line is different but I still find the cost on Celebrity is getting ridiculously high and to be honest I can't say that the quality is superb ... ok but nothing extra special.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

What do you get for £7.50 at the beach house?

The menu at the Beach House appeals to us more than the others on board,having said that after 4 days the menu changes & on the 2nd menu there weren't anything like as many items that we liked.

As you are paying extra for certain items on the menu as well(i.e. the leg of lamb & the steaks on the lava rock),we both just felt that the £7.50pp on top of that made it,for us,questionable as to whether or not it was worth it.

Our cook your own steak on Britannia's Beach House, was yummy.

Beachhouse2.jpg

I agree, and another good thing is that you can keep transferring chips, onion rings etc onto the hot rock so everything is hot when you eat it.

I agree it is value for money but it’s effectively pub grub

Once on Oceana I sat next to this women in the the theatre and mentioned that I had just had dinner in The Beach House. Her response “we’re from Yorkshire. We don’t pay extra for meals - we have already paid”

Only on P&O ......

Not sure ther views are so great when you are usually just sat in part of the Horizon Buffet

By a huge window watching the sea go by. I call that a fabulous view ...and the sunset was beautiful.

I prefered the Beach house when it was a no extra charge restaurant with effectively a British cafe menu. Useful when you had that mid cruise yearning for something simple like fish and chips or sausage and mash. Now it is more like the MDR and at extra cost to boot.

I prefered the Beach house when it was a no extra charge restaurant with effectively a British cafe menu. Useful when you had that mid cruise yearning for something simple like fish and chips or sausage and mash. Now it is more like the MDR and at extra cost to boot.

and you have to cook your own with certain choices. I pay to go on holiday and somebody else cook my meals not book then pay extra supplement and end up cooking my own.

I was looking for one of the other two; Glass House or Beach House but they aren’t on the list..... can you pre-book these restaurants or is the fact that they are omitted mean I have missed out and they’re booked up? 🙄

We are on Britannia 8th April going to the canaries and booked Sindhu it is well worth it even just for the experience we ate in the our last trip to the carabbean

and you have to cook your own with certain choices. I pay to go on holiday and somebody else cook my meals not book then pay extra supplement and end up cooking my own.

I'm with you on that one. I go away to escape kitchen duties. Also, I don't like show cooking - where you watch the chef. Just bring me delicious food on a plate and I'm a happy bunny.

As an aside, I'm really not comfortable dining off porous materials, i.e. rock, wood, etc. These items cannot be hygienic after the first use; and after umpteen uses I tend to squirm at the thought of what bugs may be lurking in all those tiny holes. :eek: clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

I'm with you on that one. I go away to escape kitchen duties. Also, I don't like show cooking - where you watch the chef. Just bring me delicious food on a plate and I'm a happy bunny.

As an aside, I'm really not comfortable dining off porous materials, i.e. rock, wood, etc. These items cannot be hygienic after the first use; and after umpteen uses I tend to squirm at the thought of what bugs may be lurking in all those tiny holes. :eek: clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

I believe the hot rock kills any bacteria if it is above 150C

I believe the hot rock kills any bacteria if it is above 150C

Its nearer 60C, that's pasteurisation temperature.

There are no holes in the stone, its perfectly clean.