Share Restaurant

frisbee dog fan

My husband and I want to try Share Restaurant on our upcoming Ruby Princess Cruise. Shortly after Share opened there were several posts, and the items listed in those posts sounded wonderful. Those items are not on the current menu. I can't find any recent posts about Share. Has anybody been there in the past year? How was your experience? Anything on the menu you thought was fabulous?

Share...we experienced it when it first opened on Ruby and were very disappointed ..not so much the food, taste & presentation was excellent, but service and portions......Also at that time the service charge of $39pp. was high for what you got...we "enjoyed" the meal with another CC couple and we wanted to share the portions...but the question was what portions????:D They were very very small, did I say SMALL.???

Needless to say...Princess got the hint..and revamped the Share menu a year ago last October. So on Emerald in December, we decided to give the new menu a try... a 100% turn around......we had the most wonderful experience.....and food was excellent, service impeccable.....

......the new menu is inventive....now they allow you to select 2 entrees...before it was one. Last time I ordered a poached lobster and honestly it was about the the size of a lady finger, 2-3 bites. This time it was the same size but at least I was able to select another entree. They have titled the courses on the menu Land, Sea etc..... in MHO, trying to be like Royal Caribbean's Wonderland.

What I wrote on a recently on a roll call, will be gng back on Ruby in March & May.

Scallops were my favorite.

Edited by land lover

We really like SHARE. In fact, we have 2 cruises booked on the Ruby this year because we want to go to SHARE again. The lobster is very tender, and we've tasted everything on the menu, but our favorite main entree is the mushroom ragout and the steak. We split that each time. We let them know so they plate it together. I've considered requesting an extra entree (pay extra), but we always leave very full and I am always happy we didn't request the extra entree.

I hope you have a great dinner there.

Share...we experienced it when it first opened on Ruby and were very disappointed ..not so much the food, taste & presentation was excellent, but service and portions......Also at that time the service charge of $39pp. was high for what you got...we "enjoyed" the meal with another CC couple and we wanted to share the portions...but the question was what portions????:D They were very very small, did I say SMALL.???

Needless to say...Princess got the hint..and revamped the Share menu a year ago last October. So on Emerald in December, we decided to give the new menu a try... a 100% turn around......we had the most wonderful experience.....and food was excellent, service impeccable.....

......the new menu is inventive....now they allow you to select 2 entrees...before it was one. Last time I ordered a poached lobster and honestly it was about the the size of a lady finger, 2-3 bites. This time it was the same size but at least I was able to select another entree. They have titled the courses on the menu Land, Sea etc..... in MHO, trying to be like Royal Caribbean's Wonderland.

What I wrote on a recently on a roll call, will be gng back on Ruby in March & May.

Scallops were my favorite.

Wait!! They let you order an extra entree?? How did you know you could do that without paying extra? The lobster was not terribly small when we tried it, and I do recall it being very tasty, but I can understand if they give you a tiny one, it's better to offer 2 entrees.

We were last on the Ruby in November 2016. At that time I really liked my salad but finished before my husband was done. He asked for a salad to taste it but they told him he had to pay for an extra serving.

I would love it if that's changed

Wait!! They let you order an extra entree?? How did you know you could do that without paying extra? The lobster was not terribly small when we tried it, and I do recall it being very tasty, but I can understand if they give you a tiny one, it's better to offer 2 entrees.

We were last on the Ruby in November 2016. At that time I really liked my salad but finished before my husband was done. He asked for a salad to taste it but they told him he had to pay for an extra serving.

In you look at the link on post 2 you will see the new menu where you get to select a second entree...no additional charge....

The new menu was suppose to be introduced on Ruby a week or 2 after we sailed in mid October..2016, or so they told us......so if you sailed during the first or second week of November u probably had the old menu?

Edited by land lover

In you look at the link on post 2 you will see the new menu where you get to select a second entree...no additional charge....

The new menu was suppose to be introduced on Ruby a week or 2 after we sailed in mid October..2016, or so they told us......so if you sailed during the first or second week of November u probably had the old menu?

Nope, that's the only menu we've ever tasted.

However, there could be some confusion with regards to what I mean by extra entree and how my comments were understood. You can pick one from each course. If you pick more than one from each course, you do in fact have to pay extra.

I've had the new menu about 3 times. Loved it. By a second entree, they mean that there are now 6 courses - a small starter (either a few slices of cheese or salami), a salad type course, a pasta course, a sea course (lobster is here and if you don't want that there's a corn soup) and then a land course, finally dessert. I think when they refer to two entrees they mean one from the sea course than one from the land course.

I have a friend who's GF, and she can have two of any other course except the land course.

With the new menu you select an entree from the Sea section and from the Land section. We ate at SHARE on the Ruby in November and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. It was even better that they were running a sale at $29.

I had the charcuterie, the lemon poached prawns, the pork ravioli, the butter poached lobster tail, the strip loin steak, and the dark chocolate cremeux. We had more than enough food and it was top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Ruby in November and SHARE was discounted at $29/pax so we took the bait and went. The service was indeed fantastic but then the place was well over half empty. There was a large table near ours with about 10 or so but turns out they were crew. The food, all 6 courses, was good but way too much. We would not pay the extra $10 over CG however. I hope the OP enjoys their visit to SHARE.

We did Share for the 2nd time on the Ruby this past November and I agree with previous posters that the 2nd time was better than the first. We actually loved our meal and would not hesitate to go again. Yes, the portions are small but you don't leave hungry. My least favorite course was the burrata and my favorite was the chocolate mousse dessert (and I'm not a big chocolate lover). Go, you won't be sorry.

We also tried SHARE on Ruby when it first opened and were VERY disappointed!:(

Glad to hear it has improved and now worth trying again! :)

With the new menu you select an entree from the Sea section and from the Land section. We ate at SHARE on the Ruby in November and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. It was even better that they were running a sale at $29.

I had the charcuterie, the lemon poached prawns, the pork ravioli, the butter poached lobster tail, the strip loin steak, and the dark chocolate cremeux. We had more than enough food and it was top notch.

Sounds like more than enough for the two of us! Getting those items as tapas for the two of us to share along with a bottle of wine sounds nice. Having twice that much (an order each) would simply be a gigantic waste. I can't eat like I used to but it doesn't seem to make me weigh any less. :eek:

On the last night of our 4-day coastal cruise in November SHARE was fully booked on the last evening. Not that all tables were full all night but they were at their serving capacity.

were they doing the $29 special?....that was a deciding factor for our return....and like I mentioned pleasantly surprised.....

I am big on service as I feel with that the meal tastes sooooooooo much better, with competent servers and by asking or watching the table can see if their guests are enjoying the meal.

The service on our first encounter prior to the menu change, was just terrible....the server was friendly enough. But, removing food before asking and not offering me another entree when I mentioned I didn't care my FOAMED lobster(this was the big thing when the restaurant first opened foam on everything)....certainly did not match my not to high(were talking cruise ship here)expectations.

Edited by land lover

On the last night of our 4-day coastal cruise in November SHARE was fully booked on the last evening. Not that all tables were full all night but they were at their serving capacity.

Please clarify serving capacity. If they have tables and seating for say 75 people why would they not be able to seat and serve that many?

Please clarify serving capacity. If they have tables and seating for say 75 people why would they not be able to seat and serve that many?

They don't have enough serving personnel. I think they have two or three servers and a couple runners. If demand regularly filled the room, I'm sure they would beef up the staff. I've had 6 or 7 dinners in SHARE and never seen more than 7 or 8 tables in use, and, usually, it's more like 4 or 5.

They don't have enough serving personnel. I think they have two or three servers and a couple runners. If demand regularly filled the room, I'm sure they would beef up the staff. I've had 6 or 7 dinners in SHARE and never seen more than 7 or 8 tables in use, and, usually, it's more like 4 or 5.

The wine man has appeared.....;p and expert on Share......

Our last cruise on Emerald they had a wedding party of about 30 in the back room with it appeared 2 dedicated servers.....and as you stated only about 8 tables in use in the remainder of the restaurant.

The wine man has appeared.....;p and expert on Share......

Ah, shucks. :o

We were on the Ruby Princess, last week, and were very pleased find that Rosa Maria is still serving in SHARE. We met her last November (during the $29/pp sale), and enjoyed dining at her table, very much. Her current contact ends April 14. So, I would encourage anybody who would like to try SHARE prior to that to request her table. Don't bother saying "Hi" for me. I'm sure I am not her only admirer.

We'll be trying SHARE on the Emerald Princess on our AK cruise the end of April. However, we will also be visiting Crown Grill. Last September on the Grand Princess, they were offering raw oysters in the Crown Grill--but only for the first couple days of the cruise. So, we are hoping they do that again on our April cruise. I'll be on the DINE line as soon as we get to our cabin to try to get a table on embarcation evening.

:D