Thoughts on the Pride and other Spirit Class Ships

brepri_h

Been on the Pride many many times, used to love the ship. But then, the complainers and whiners ruined it by forcing them to cover up David....ruined the whole ship experience.

And I'd bet many of those same complainers are the ones that walk over to the clothing optional section at Orient Beach (on St. Martin) and make snide remarks about who and what they see there.

And I'd bet many of those same complainers are the ones that walk over to the clothing optional section at Orient Beach (on St. Martin) and make snide remarks about who and what they see there.

lol!! I'd imagine they would at that.

Thank you! I was looking at the deck plans and noticed most things were on decks 2/3 which sounds interesting! We tend to hang out solely at the aft pool which is adult only on this ship like you said. We will be bringing our little guy on this potential cruise so we would be unable to relax in our favorite spot. I guess if there are 2 other pools though hopefully we will like one We just don't really like the noise associated with the larger pool.

So normally I'd say book aft (because that's where the dining is) but Camp Carnival (or I think it's getting the Camp Ocean make over now or soon) is all the way forward.

The mid ship pool is certainly the noisier one - they have either a band, DJ or concert playing on the big screen and blue iguana and guy's are basically right at the edge of that area - makes for high traffic. The forward pool is less noisy and crowded - be aware that smoking is on the starboard side of that pool (but the port side has no smoking).

We here in Australia are so lucky we have 2 Spirit class ships. The Spirit (The first Spirit class ship) & The legend for 7 months a year. Love Serenity at back of ship out of the wind, The retractable roof in the main pool area on top deck. Great size never seems to packed.

I like the Spirit class the best as there is no blocking of the MDR which I don't seem to get used to until day 5 of a 7 day cruise. Pride is a favorite. Legend had a lot of security cameras installed before she went to Australia. I was friends with a security guard and he told me those Aussies......

Of the 2 pools that are not adult only which seems to be quieter? The Venus Main Pool or the Forward Apollo Pool?

The Venus pool has the big screen, guys burgers, and the red frog, so it is where all the action is. The forward pool is quieter but is also a smoking section on one side of the deck.

What is a 4K cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A 4k cabin is an inside category. French door rooms. They are actually balcony rooms that are located behind the life boats. You have the balcony doors that you can open, but no balcony and the view is obstructed by the life boats. So you get huge windows that you can open and a larger room for just a little more (3-6$ pp a day) than an inside! Best rooms on the ship IMHO! LOVE them!

I got off an 8 day Alaska cruise on the Legend yesterday. I liked the ship but it was a royal pain to navigate. I was still getting lost in the lido restaurant on day 7. It was due to there being two somewhat separate serving/seating areas in there as well as the location of the atrium elevators(glass elevators).

The atrium elevators are midship-aft instead of midship-forward. On all of the other classes(except Vista) the atrium elevators are midship-forward. The Vista doesn't have atrium elevators but the atrium is midship-forward.

Almost every time that I thought I was heading to the dining room, I was heading to the Follies Lounge and vice versa.

We LOVE the Dream class. Breeze is our favorite, as we have been on her twice. Going on the Magic in 38 days!!!! However, we did cruise on the Pride a few years back, and loved the layout of the ship. Granted, it's not as big as the Dream class, but the overall "layout" is AWESOME!!!! Haven't been on her since her 2.0 upgrades, but have heard she's AWESOME!!!! The one thing we hated, was the décor. She's a very DARK ship. Think Night at the Museum. lol. Once we got past that, we were good.

Would definitely sail on her again, if she gets away from the crappy Bahamas itineraries. lol

Although, HMC is worth the trip in itself. Heaven. On. Earth. lol

Enjoy!!!!!!!

So normally I'd say book aft (because that's where the dining is) but Camp Carnival (or I think it's getting the Camp Ocean make over now or soon) is all the way forward.

The mid ship pool is certainly the noisier one - they have either a band, DJ or concert playing on the big screen and blue iguana and guy's are basically right at the edge of that area - makes for high traffic. The forward pool is less noisy and crowded - be aware that smoking is on the starboard side of that pool (but the port side has no smoking).

Good to know, thanks! If the smoking is too much for myself and the little one we'll just have to suck it up and go to the noisier pool. I can always enjoy the serenity area while he's in camp ocean!

We LOVE the Dream class. Breeze is our favorite, as we have been on her twice. Going on the Magic in 38 days!!!! However, we did cruise on the Pride a few years back, and loved the layout of the ship. Granted, it's not as big as the Dream class, but the overall "layout" is AWESOME!!!! Haven't been on her since her 2.0 upgrades, but have heard she's AWESOME!!!! The one thing we hated, was the décor. She's a very DARK ship. Think Night at the Museum. lol. Once we got past that, we were good.

Would definitely sail on her again, if she gets away from the crappy Bahamas itineraries. lol

Enjoy!!!!!!!

I agree HMC is awesome! I've only been once but can't wait to go back! I've seen some pics of the decor and it's.....interesting. :p

A 4k cabin is an inside category. French door rooms. They are actually balcony rooms that are located behind the life boats. You have the balcony doors that you can open, but no balcony and the view is obstructed by the life boats. So you get huge windows that you can open and a larger room for just a little more (3-6$ pp a day) than an inside! Best rooms on the ship IMHO! LOVE them!

I gotta second the love for the 4K cabins. The 4K's on Spirit class ships and 4J's on other ships, best values across the fleet..but I digress.....When considering a 4K, you can get a cabin "between the lifeboats", simply meaning you get somewhat of an "ocean view", not completely blocked by the lifeboats. No surprise those go first. Not exactly an ocean view, but a bit better than just a lifeboat view imho.

Enjoy!!!!!!!

They do 14 day Journey cruises a few times a year to wonderful ports. Check it out!!

Yes this mid-ship pool is loud & crowded.I generally go to the next deck up & lie on a deck chair listen to the music & watch passing traffic. :)

• 8 months later...

I have been on six Carnival ships. The Pride is still my favorite. The Dream is my least liked design. In my opinion the Spirit class ships were the pinnacle for guest enjoyment.

Plenty of balconies which the older class ships lack like the Fantasy and the Paradise.

Not too many people, around 2000 most cruises. This is where the dream drops the ball. She is a bigger ship, but not much more actual public space and twice the cruisers. So everything is crowded.

I also have a theory that the decor on the Pride causes people to behave just a little better.

I will echo the overwhelming sentiment - we LOVE the Pride. Our first cruise was on the Magic but we are only 2 hours from Baltimore so gave the Pride a try. It was wonderful! Cruising from Baltimore is pretty simple too. Park and walk right into the terminal. The only thing I don't love is climbing the gangway from the ground level to either deck 3 or 4. Don't remember which. The Pride tends to have a shimmy in the Dining Room at the aft of the ship but pretty sure that is the ONLY negative thing I can think off.

Just returned from our second cruise on the Pride. FANTASTIC cruise! Excellent staff and service. I cannot find words to say how good the service was!

I have been wowed for the second time in a row. Will absolutely return!

Now my question is....is the staff on all other Carnival ships as nice as the Pride's? Will I be disappointed on the Magic or the Breeze?

Just returned from our second cruise on the Pride. FANTASTIC cruise! Excellent staff and service. I cannot find words to say how good the service was!

I have been wowed for the second time in a row. Will absolutely return!

Now my question is....is the staff on all other Carnival ships as nice as the Pride's? Will I be disappointed on the Magic or the Breeze?

The Pride is our favorite Carnival ship, too. We've been on it 3 times so far. Our cruise director from last year's sailing (Steve Knisley) will be on Victory next week for our next cruise.

I have been on six Carnival ships. The Pride is still my favorite. The Dream is my least liked design. In my opinion the Spirit class ships were the pinnacle for guest enjoyment.

Plenty of balconies which the older class ships lack like the Fantasy and the Paradise.

Not too many people, around 2000 most cruises. This is where the dream drops the ball. She is a bigger ship, but not much more actual public space and twice the cruisers. So everything is crowded.

I also have a theory that the decor on the Pride causes people to behave just a little better.

I have to ask.... how does the décor on the Pride cause people to behave just a little better?

I have to ask.... how does the décor on the Pride cause people to behave just a little better?

Just the feeling I got, there is no causal link of course, but on my spring break cruise on the Pride, the whole ship was more reserved in every way. We actually kept talking about it on the cruise, it was like a whole different cruise line or something. May have just been the crowd that week, but my other 7 day cruises have been nothing like the Pride and this was spring break in March. I started thinking that all the art around people may have been effecting their behavior.

Nail on head. Lines on Dream class are crazy when you come from the Pride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk