Red to gold status

Sbjefm

I currently have 15 VIFP points. I am looking at booking a 10 day cruise for my husband and I which would put me into gold status with 25 points. Does that kick in after I cruise, on the last day of the cruise or prior to cruising?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I currently have 15 VIFP points. I am looking at booking a 10 day cruise for my husband and I which would put me into gold status with 25 points. Does that kick in after I cruise, on the last day of the cruise or prior to cruising?

If you reach the 25 day mark during this cruise, you will board as a Gold member.

Just be careful with the math - the day you arrive back is port does NOT count as a cruise day. Cruise days are departure until day before return to port.

So if Carnival has it listed as a 10 day cruise, yes, you should be gold from the beginning.

You will be issued Gold cards to START your cruise! Congrats!

I’m boarding conquest in October. The first night onboard i will reach 25 points I will be gold. Printed out my documents. Still showing red. Called and they told me I will board as red but during the cruise I will receive gold perks.

I’m boarding conquest in October. The first night onboard i will reach 25 points I will be gold. Printed out my documents. Still showing red. Called and they told me I will board as red but during the cruise I will receive gold perks.

Does your VIFP account show all your cruises? Have the correct number of days?

Several things could be happening here, 1) you need to make your final payment, if you have done so, then 2) call Carnival and ask for a supr., they might have to call the dept. that does the change!

Something isn't right with your account. If you will turn gold on this cruise, your boarding pass and other document will show your gold status.

Just checked my cruises. I have 3 cruises that equal 24 points. It also says I’m 1 point away from gold. My cruise was paid in full. Still shows red on cruise documents. I did call and they told me that I will have to wait till I board and then after the first night I will receive the perks of being gold. I will call tomorrow and ask why I do not have gold documents and others have them.

Did you have gold documents or red? Also my husband won’t be moving up to gold. Does that have something to do with it?

It shouldn't ... one should be red, the other gold.

Looking at your boarding passes, did you scroll down and look at both of them? Or just the first one?