A stinky question

poo pourrit or whoever its spelled. add a couple of drops BEFORE you go.

I agree about Poo-Pourri. It really works! A little spritz in the toilet before a #2 is all you need. Also, I bring a Febreze small spaces air freshener. I’ve had several room stewards comment on how nice and fresh our room always smells.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like Ozium air sanitizer. It clears orders quickly without a lot of perfume. I can find a travel size bottle at O’Reilly’s Auto Supply and I’ve seen 8 oz bottles at Walgreens. You can get it online at Walmart. It’s expensive from Amazon.

e6cf97ac9154dac04d3b61a72e951eff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We buy the travel size lysol spray, use it around the cabin to spray areas that we hope had been cleaned, but you never know:o..................................... and than keep in the bathroom as room freshner and spray when the need arises.

Works well and serves its purpose.

Safe travels

Small cabin, tiny bathroom. Many packing tips include bringing air freshener. Has anyone found a bathroom air freshener that actually works? Want to get rid of stinky smells fast!

V.I. POO take it on every cruise and you can not tell I punish the proclein !Or if you l:halo:ike better can not tell I make stinky in big white bowl:halo::halo:

It's something we forget to bring, and on Anthem, noticed a urine stench from the toilet area. Wish we had brought bleach because it's badly needed.

No need to bring bleach. Just ask your cabin attendant to work on the stinky, we have done so before. He washed down the drains with bleach and some sort of deodorant. No more stink the rest of the week.

Small cabin, tiny bathroom. Many packing tips include bringing air freshener. Has anyone found a bathroom air freshener that actually works? Want to get rid of stinky smells fast!

Bath and Body Works also has small size room deodorizers. They work extremely well and lots of scents for you to choose. Clorox wipes are also good, but, as others have said, ask your cabin steward to wash it all.

No need to bring bleach. Just ask your cabin attendant to work on the stinky, we have done so before. He washed down the drains with bleach and some sort of deodorant. No more stink the rest of the week.

Probably more important than the use of bleach and deodorizer was the simple act of adding liquid to the drain trap. The bathroom floor drain (the one outside the shower) is a common culprit for causing odors in the cabin bathrooms. These drains do not see water on a regular basis, and the dry air from the AC evaporates the water in the trap. Pouring a glass of water down these drains every other day or so will prevent these smells.

Probably more important than the use of bleach and deodorizer was the simple act of adding liquid to the drain trap. The bathroom floor drain (the one outside the shower) is a common culprit for causing odors in the cabin bathrooms. These drains do not see water on a regular basis, and the dry air from the AC evaporates the water in the trap. Pouring a glass of water down these drains every other day or so will prevent these smells.

Well aware of the dry trap issue. Doesn't solve the smelly BM issue.

One way to solve the problem is make your "donation" at the nearest restroom instead of the bathroom in your cabin...........

I mean, its like going to Vegas

What happens in the restroom, stays in the restroom.

And

You will never see or (smell) these people again.

Saying for a friend.

:o

I agree with Lioness, make the "donation" at the nearest restroom. Problem solved. Every time I travel, I look for the nearest restroom, never have stunk up a room. Now only wish my travel companions could get a clue as to why I disappear for a few minutes????

At least the toilet was in a different room of the cabin! When me and a friend sailed on Norwegian Epic where the toilet and shower were inside the cabin, that was uncomfortable since there was no privacy besides a curtain. Wish we had poo pouri! After Day 2 we agreed that if we needed to use the bathroom for #2, we would use the public bathrooms around the ship! Lol

Must have clogged nasal passages on all of my cruises, as I never had a continuous odor in the bathrooms, other than the initial dump and that odor disappears as soon as you power flush.:D