Bedding for Infants

toyotaford

We just booked a family vacation on The Star next March and will be traveling with a 16 month old and 10 month old twins. The question came up today at lunch if we would need to bring pack and plays and I didn't know. I will check with the cruise line closer to time to cruising but was just wondering if anyone on here could shed some light. Does the ship have them available?

Just off the Gem and we requested a crib for our 11 month old. They give you a Graco Port-a-crib which is basically a pack n’ play.

Thanks for the info. That will definitely cut down on our packing. This will be our first time traveling with infants in many years.

Just off the Gem and we requested a crib for our 11 month old. They give you a Graco Port-a-crib which is basically a pack n’ play.

We had the same on the Dawn.

We had one in the cabin where the little one was with his parents, and we had another one in our suite for when they spent a lot of their time with us, which was the point of the trip together.

It was all set up when we arrived on board.

GC

Maybe I shouldn't even weigh in, since I've never done this and I'm old and my babies are long grown. And I am the world's lightest packer. When I saw your post, I just went, "ick". I just remember how gross my own pack 'n play got with baby goo. And I think of how "brief" the cleaning is sometimes on NCL. I think I'd bring my own, but barring that, I'd bring my own bedding for it, and lots of chlorox wipes to give it a once over.

12 years old sounds like a fair age to start cruising with kids...I don’t see how folks do it with the little ones...

I would say a lot just depends upon the child. We took our son on our first cruise when he was 10 months old. He did great and we had a great time. Yes, we didn't stay out late in the bars or clubs, but that really isn't us anyway.

Maybe I shouldn't even weigh in, since I've never done this and I'm old and my babies are long grown. And I am the world's lightest packer. When I saw your post, I just went, "ick". I just remember how gross my own pack 'n play got with baby goo. And I think of how "brief" the cleaning is sometimes on NCL. I think I'd bring my own, but barring that, I'd bring my own bedding for it, and lots of chlorox wipes to give it a once over.

We cruised with our three starting when they were 2,2’and 9 months. Always brought our own pack and plays( be it land or sea trip )- no amount of hospital grade sanitizer would make me feel comfortable!

I am going back 16 years - even then the pack and plays folded up into a reasonable size. We would wrap in plastic and check with our luggage. The fees these days may make it unrealistic to check multiple cribs.

I hope that OP has a suite!

Between the pack and plays and car seats and strollers - 3 little ones require a lot of junk!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

bring your own sheets. Also there is a family cruising forum under Specialty Cruises and you might pick up more hints and help on those boards.

I didn't know about the family cruising forum. I will definitely check that out. We will be sailing in suites with plenty of room to spread out. We will also have a 6 year old and 3 year old. We talked about doing something other than a cruise but all agreed this was what we wanted so we are going for it. I guess only time will tell. My husband and I may need a real vacation once this family one is over.

I didn't know about the family cruising forum. I will definitely check that out. We will be sailing in suites with plenty of room to spread out. We will also have a 6 year old and 3 year old. We talked about doing something other than a cruise but all agreed this was what we wanted so we are going for it. I guess only time will tell. My husband and I may need a real vacation once this family one is over.

Keep in mind that diapered kids aren’t allowed in the pools or splash areas.

Keep in mind that diapered kids aren’t allowed in the pools or splash areas.

We had already talked about this. We are going to pack a small splash pool that the babies can play with on our deck.

We had already talked about this. We are going to pack a small splash pool that the babies can play with on our deck.

Perfect. I had 5 kids in 6 1/2 years and we were members of a private pool club where diapered kids were only allowed in the kids pool. It was tough when I was there with them all myself, because the older kids had to stay in the piss pool with me and the babies. I was SO happy when the youngest were trained by 2 1/2 and we could go in the big pool.

• 1 month later...
12 years old sounds like a fair age to start cruising with kids...I don’t see how folks do it with the little ones...

We are cruising with my daughter and her hubby along with their 14 month old and 3 year old. We are so excited. We have connecting mini-suites and we plan on helping them. I have always traveled with my children starting from when they were infants. I can't imagine traveling without them, but to each is own :)

We just booked a family vacation on The Star next March and will be traveling with a 16 month old and 10 month old twins. The question came up today at lunch if we would need to bring pack and plays and I didn't know. I will check with the cruise line closer to time to cruising but was just wondering if anyone on here could shed some light. Does the ship have them available?

Yes, they will provide pack n plays. You can call and request one ahead of time. Bring your own sheets, they don’t have fitted sheets for them, they just fold a regular flat sheet and stick it in there. Once we were given a travel lite crib which is a smaller sized pack n play, but our sheets were still ok in it. Last time we were given a regular basic Graco pack n play. When we drive we do prefer to take our own, but when we fly we use theirs. (Last time we actually took one for our room and got one from the ship for my parents room next door so we could try to have baby nap in there some while we were out and about with her brother.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I volunteer to be the nanny, lol

We enjoy family vacations with five little ones.

My daughters get connecting mini-suites, so the kids can go back and forth.

The minis work well because they have larger bathrooms and tubs.

My daughters never had issues with the cleanliness of the pack-and-plays.

Last January my youngest grandchild cruised at just six months old!

This coming January we will be on Bliss and the kids are looking forward to it.

I find Norwegian to be very family oriented.