First Night Done WHAT???

delluser

So do I understand that on FNDR I pay $15 but the ship determines where I get to eat? I can't find an option to select a restaurant. I'm getting more and more frustrated by this cruiseline...ready to jump ship!!!

It's the same with any of the dining packages. Royal picks the restaurant BUT you can change it once on board. Not really a big deal.

Allure-and it is a big deal. Why not give the paying customer the option to select what we want up front. I don't want to try and track down how to change a reservation on the first day. Not to mention it's doubtful we could then get the time we'd like. Regretting our decision to cruise with this line. Every single thing is a hassle!!!

Big deal or not, I guess is debatable.

Confusing- yes. I saw this in my cruise planner over the weekend and it was unclear to me what I was even paying $15 for. The stock photo used on the paged looked like sushi, but beyond that there was no mention of specific restaurants and not much explanation to help, either.

I think they could present this better.

Edited by irun5k

Allure-and it is a big deal. Why not give the paying customer the option to select what we want up front. I don't want to try and track down how to change a reservation on the first day. Not to mention it's doubtful we could then get the time we'd like. Regretting our decision to cruise with this line. Every single thing is a hassle!!!

I guess you could always not do it?!?

I think the program just replicates the D+ discount anyway, so it is of no value to us.

Not being able to make reservations in advance for any of the packages is why you are getting them at such a good price. If you don't want the hassle of taking 5 minutes when you board to make a reservation then you have the option to book your preferred time in advance laying full price. It's a trade off.

You can skip the discount and pick what time and restaurants you want.

From everything I have read about the dining packages/FNDR, it is very easy to change the reservations to your liking once on board.

I think the program just replicates the D+ discount anyway, so it is of no value to us.

John, OA for Giovannis...which they will try to steer you to,

is 29.00. Prepaid FNDR comes in at 30.00 for two. (You toss

a dollar out the door ;)) Chops comes in at 42.00 a pax, and

150 CP is 45.00. Cost is 30.00 for two on the FNDR right promo tab.

After a bit of resistance, the host at 150 CP (at the urging of his boss)

honored my prepaid FNDR promo. No extra charge over my

prepaid 30.00, except the extra tip we left.

Tab equals: FNDR: 30.00 BOGO D+ 45.00.

Of course by the time you get on board, the promo

may well be tweaked to show the exclusions...silly

since they may as well tell you it's Giovannis, but

DO try to get your reservation as soon as you board

right at the restaurant itself. Good Luck!! :)

Edited by island lady

Not being able to make reservations in advance for any of the packages is why you are getting them at such a good price. If you don't want the hassle of taking 5 minutes when you board to make a reservation then you have the option to book your preferred time in advance laying full price. It's a trade off.

This.

They are giving you a break on the price and for that discount they get to choose the restaurant. If you have a restaurant and time you want you are free to book it at full price. While I agree Royal definitely has some flaws I don't get what the big issue is with this.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I think you are allowed to sign up for full price at any restaurant you want.

It isn't unusual with special coupons, even on land, to have restrictions or special circumstances. Sometimes they are only good for certain menu items, sometimes only certain days, etc.

This is a big break on the price. There are a lot of people who don't care what specialty restaurant they go to and this helps the ship fill in places that aren't busy that night. It seems like a win-win.

Tom

I still don't know why you can't do the hibachi grill at IZUMI, it has a fixed price structure if you are so inclined to choose it.

FWIW, if we are committed to the MDR schedule, I really want to go there the first night anyway. That being said, I'm hoping to get CK as often as i care to, so specialty dining has lost some of it's appeal.

You are getting a huge price discount. In exchange, the reserve the right to choose a venue based on capacity and other reservations.

You have been told multiple times that on board your preferred accommodation will most likely be granted. If it is too much effort for you, then chances are you will be annoyed by all minor inconveniences on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There re usually reps from the various specialty restaurants available right as you board the ships. I'm sure one of them can take care of your reservation if needed or just dial the restaurant extension when you board and set the reservation that way.

I still don't know why you can't do the hibachi grill at IZUMI, it has a fixed price structure if you are so inclined to choose it.

Best guess, popularity. They know the seats get filled every night at full price.

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

FWIW, if we are committed to the MDR schedule, I really want to go there the first night anyway. That being said, I'm hoping to get CK as often as i care to, so specialty dining has lost some of it's appeal.

Just a guess but most likely because it's a limited amount of seating, popular and sells out at full price.

Geez Louise, I really must be having a Bad Day; I don't generally Post Rants, but here goes.

I really Tire of people who constantly complain about the lack of this and that, they charge for this and that, etc etc.

Every purchase and for that matter, decision, one makes comes with a perceived Value . If paying $100 for a concert is too much, I don't pay it. If I get "crap" for service I don't go back. My Bar may be higher or lower than yours, I get that.

Geez, RCCL is not lining us all up and demanding we board their ships. We have Choices. Have I perceived a decline in the MDR over the years, no question, IMO. So is it enough for me not to sail RCCL, apparently not yet, given my Cruise History.

So either quit complaining, get off the Pot, and go Sail elsewhere. If not, it clearly hasn't persuaded you enough to make a change.

I feel Better now.