Resort Day Pass in Curacao

cruiseguy1016

I asked this on the Curacao board and have not received any feedback. We will be on Adventure at the beginning of March and one of our stops is Curacao. We are looking for a day pass at one of the local resorts. I'm looking for recommendations for a place with a beach and a place to get lunch and beverages. I've looked at the Renaissance Resort near the pier. Is it crowded because it's so close to the pier. Is that where everyone ends up? We've also looked at Holiday Beach Resort. That's a little further away so probably less crowded? Can anyone enlighten me as to the good and bad of these two? Are there other places you would recommend?

We go to the Lion's Dive area of Seaquarium (Mambo) beach. It's not an all-inclusive, you pay about $25 for admission to the beach, two loungers, and a canopy. Food and drink are extra. Very nice place, and we've snorkeled off the beach a few times.

• Like 2

I've looked at the Renaissance Resort near the pier. Is it crowded because it's so close to the pier. Is that where everyone ends up?

No and no.

Biker, who stayed there 3 times in the past year and did not see much of an uptick in guests when the ship pulled into port.

We're also on the Adventure in early March! We too love Mambo beach, but decided to try the Hilton Curaçao this time around. There are day passes available online, and it has a pretty decent looking pool and beach area, with the bonus of food and beverages being included as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're also on the Adventure in early March! We loved Mambo beach the last time we went, but decided to try a day pass at the Hilton Curaçao this time around: it has a pretty decent looking pool and beach area, and the food and beverages are included as well.

What is the cost?

It's 60$ on Resort for a day for a pass, but I just checked and I was mistaken about the food and beverage inclusion. I had been thinking of the 25$ food and beverage credit that is included.

Thanks, we're always up for considering a new place.

It's 60$ on Resort for a day for a pass, but I just checked and I was mistaken about the food and beverage inclusion. I had been thinking of the 25$ food and beverage credit that is included.

So, if I understand this correctly, you pay $60 for the day and $25 of that can go toward food and beverage? Or is the $25 food and beverage fee in addition to the $60 admission fee?

Did you book directly through the hotel's web site?

Edited by cruiseguy1016

We're also on the Adventure in early March! We too love Mambo beach, but decided to try the Hilton Curaçao this time around. There are day passes available online, and it has a pretty decent looking pool and beach area, with the bonus of food and beverages being included as well.

We were there in October and had a great time.:)

Bill

So, if I understand this correctly, you pay $60 for the day and $25 of that can go toward food and beverage? Or is the $25 food and beverage fee in addition to the $60 admission fee?

Did you book directly through the hotel's web site?

The 25$ is included in the 60$ you pay, and we booked through "Resort for a day".

Here is another option for you, Santa Barbara Beach Resort , they will pick you up at the port and drop you off, beautiful resort with food and drinks included. Two large pools and the beach very close also. Its a bit pricy ($110 us in 2016) but we had a great time there, good food and lots of options for drinks.

• 7 months later...
We go to the Lion's Dive area of Seaquarium (Mambo) beach. It's not an all-inclusive, you pay about $25 for admission to the beach, two loungers, and a canopy. Food and drink are extra. Very nice place, and we've snorkeled off the beach a few times.

Do you happen to know if you do the Seaquarium entrance and tour, do you pay the $25 on top of that for beach admission? Thinking about doing the Seaquarium then spending some time at the beach. Thanks.

Blue Bay resort allows you to stay on its beach for $8pp. There is a bar and you can I believe book their snorkeling or diving tours.

Thanks! That's the current plan as it looks amazing, but if we do the Seaquarium tour we may consider skipping the 25 min cab ride to Blue Bay if Lion's Beach area is comparable.

• 5 years later...
51 minutes ago, Candocruises said:

Can you contact the resorts directly to obtain a day pass?  Has anyone done this and if so how did you go about making the direct contact.?

I've found resorts listed on resorts for a day.  If there's one you are interested in, google it and find their email address of their hotel website, and then you can contact them directly.  I found a hotel in St. Martin we were interested in, but they don't sell day passes in December because they are too full.  I would assume the high end hotels will limit passes so their resorts never feel too full.  But it's absolutely worth trying to book.  

2 hours ago, Candocruises said:

Can you contact the resorts directly to obtain a day pass?  Has anyone done this and if so how did you go about making the direct contact.?

I know it's Christmas, but you resurrected a 5 year old post for this?  Well played sir.

• Like 1

The last time we went to Curacao in February 2023 we contacted the Avila Hotel.

They had a $20 per person resort pass.  

No food, no drink but you could plotz yourself anywhere with sunbeds and umbrellas.

Lovely, uncrowded, quiet resort.  It was nice.

We've done Mambo so many times.  We've stayed in Curacao.  We've rented cars there.  We've done tours there.  Avila was just the ticket.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 3:46 PM, Candocruises said:

I’ve done this in the past with good results. Did some research online and then called the property directly to discuss and confirm. 

teddie