Compare Carnival Magic to Carnival Breeze

ashton57

We were recently on Carnival Magic and loved it! We are looking to book again yet Magic will be replaced at that port with Breeze. Has anyone been on both ships? If so can you give me some comparisons between the two? Thanks so much! :)

I have sailed them both. The Breeze is basically the same ship, the major difference is the decor. The muted beach colors were more pleasing to me. The atrium is stunning.

The Breeze also has the thrill theatre. That's a lot of fun for kids.

I enjoyed them both tremendously, giving a slight edge to the Breeze. However, I would happily sail the Magic again.

I think if you liked one, you will like the other.

The Breeze is that ship that made me fall in love with Carnival. The decor, colors and design of the ship is beautiful.

This! And we just sailed Magic this past April, enjoyed the cruise and decor but BREEZE is still our favorite, colors are more aesthetically pleasing, lido buffet seating is unique, crew seem a little more alive and pleasant....probably the most 'perfect' cruise ship that we have ever been on.

This! And we just sailed Magic this past April, enjoyed the cruise and decor but BREEZE is still our favorite, colors are more aesthetically pleasing, lido buffet seating is unique, crew seem a little more alive and pleasant....probably the most 'perfect' cruise ship that we have ever been on.

I'm glad you liked the Magic, we're on the Magic in September. I'm a little apprehensive after I loved the Breeze so much. What's the difference between the Magic and Breeze lido buffet seating?

I'm glad you liked the Magic, we're on the Magic in September. I'm a little apprehensive after I loved the Breeze so much. What's the difference between the Magic and Breeze lido buffet seating?

Just for one thing, about midway in the buffet area on each side (inside, not next to the windows) there are some booths with tall tables and seating, with a couple of those fake palm trees as accents...and so everything else seems a little more adventurous as well. It isn't a spectacular difference but it really breaks the monotony of all other Carnival buffets that all have the same boring layout that you can walk in your sleep after a couple of cruises. We were hoping that Magic had the same but no they don't, and Dream doesn't either.

We are booked on the Magic for a cruise next May (2019). We have previously cruised on the Breeze (and loved it). I've been looking at videos posted on Youtube, and I've noticed two differences in the Lido buffet seating. On the Breeze, the décor is more of a tropical feeling, with large patio type umbrellas over many of the tables. And as you walk through the area, there are high top tables with seating along the sides opposite the tables and chairs by the windows. We loved the high tops, for two reasons. First, we could always easily find a place to sit and eat while others were wandering around looking for a table and chairs near a window. Second, by sitting at a high top, we had a good view of the ocean and could people watch at the same time. The Magic's décor in the buffet area is different, and there are no high top tables along the sides. I know we'll miss the high tops, but we're still looking forward to the cruise. Since you've also previously been on the Breeze, you know what I'm talking about. I just wanted to mention the differences to those that haven't been on either one and were wondering.

Adding.....but don't get me wrong, you will probably also enjoy Magic overall, and in my opinion the buffet food is as good as Breeze which I also enjoyed. And seaday brunch in Magic MDR is the best ever!

Now add the Dream into the mix. How would you guys compare the Dream to the other two? I'm looking to book a Dream class next year, and was leaning towards the Dream because I haven't been to Western Carribean (except Cozumel) or sailed out of NOLA yet. Magic sails out of Miami, but we've been there a bunch of times.

Now add the Dream into the mix. How would you guys compare the Dream to the other two? I'm looking to book a Dream class next year, and was leaning towards the Dream because I haven't been to Western Carribean (except Cozumel) or sailed out of NOLA yet. Magic sails out of Miami, but we've been there a bunch of times.

Dream class is best layout for entertainment Carnival has done. Large venue for comedy club, separate area for cover band and large venue for shows.

IMHO went seriously downhill with Vista class in this regard

1. Breeze

2. Magic

3. Dream

But Dream is still a nice ship and a lot of people have said that they love it especially after it was refurbished. Our second cruise on Dream we opted to try a deluxe OV instead of balcony and loved the room.

Dream class is best layout for entertainment Carnival has done. Large venue for comedy club' date=' separate area for cover band and large venue for shows.

IMHO went seriously downhill with Vista class in this regard[/quote']

I agree 100%. We've cruised on the Vista, and I was not "wowed" at all. I was actually very disappointed, and have absolutely no desire to cruise on the Horizon. Bigger is not necessarily always better.

I like the Lido seating area better on Breeze - that was the main difference to me between the two. Thrill theater is not something I have ever been interested in, so no loss if a ship doesn't have it.

I've been on all 3 - mind you the Dream was quite awhile ago. I've been on the Breeze several times & have nothing but good things to say about her. I was able to be in a wrap around balcony on the Magic so it that was a real treat.

Overall, I may give a slight edge to the Breeze, but I really enjoyed both. I must say, I'm very happy that the Breeze will be in Pt. Canaveral (one of my favorite ports & about 2 hours drive for us), but I'm also sorry I didn't get another chance to go on the Magic before she leaves us.

The only real negative I had on the Dream was really our own fault for not doing enough research. We had 2 cove balconies & didn't realize one of them was right below the galley - super, super noisy late night/early morning. That was the first time we did Cove - I know better now - make sure you're under the dining room, not the galley (lol)

Dream class is best layout for entertainment Carnival has done. Large venue for comedy club' date=' separate area for cover band and large venue for shows.

IMHO went seriously downhill with Vista class in this regard[/quote']

But I was wondering what specifically are the differences. The Breeze seems to be the favorite, then the Magic. What's better about those two besides the age?

We were recently on Carnival Magic and loved it! We are looking to book again yet Magic will be replaced at that port with Breeze. Has anyone been on both ships? If so can you give me some comparisons between the two? Thanks so much! :)

Same ship, dream class.