Real maple syrup?

For a time Royal was using prepackaged very sweet "breakfast syrup" that had no maple taste at all. The sugar free syrup packets tasted more like maple. On our last couple of sailings they had switched to vats of syrup that you ladle on. Not sure what was in it, but had some maple taste and was big improvement..

That is nice of you, does the crew say that vermont maple syrup is not the same as QUEBEC Maple Syrup ?

Why you had to capitalize vermont I don't know.

well, Vermont is a proper Noun and as such deserves capitalization. and VT maple syrup is way better than that snooty French Canadian stuff. I doubt the crew actually cares about any difference though, as either option is a damn sight better than the chemical crap served on board.

well, Vermont is a proper Noun and as such deserves capitalization. and VT maple syrup is way better than that snooty French Canadian stuff. I doubt the crew actually cares about any difference though, as either option is a damn sight better than the chemical crap served on board.

Your spell checker isn't working again. That should read "superior French Canadian" syrup. ;)

well, Vermont is a proper Noun and as such deserves capitalization. and VT maple syrup is way better than that snooty French Canadian stuff.

You obviously have never had any of the good Canadian Maple Syrup, after all our flag has the Maple Leaf on it. The Vermont flag has a Pine Tree, some wheat sheaves, a deer head and a cow. Just sayin'. ;)

You obviously have never had any of the good Canadian Maple Syrup, after all our flag has the Maple Leaf on it. The Vermont flag has a Pine Tree, some wheat sheaves, a deer head and a cow. Just sayin'. ;)

..............I thought the maple leaf represented that Toronto hockey team?:D

I do know Maple Syrup does exist on Oasis... Just don't know where else outside of the Champagne Bar it would be...

See bottom left area

ae5bc40b514dacc25cc12cb1d989d1df.jpg

Cropped

47e6abe97e57b1aa7b740a248cbb12f7.jpg

The product: http://www.rolandfood.com/products/Maple-Syrup,-Pure-Grade-A--(%2371686).html

71686__91602_zoom.png

The drink it is used in

54f9fbaa3b618da0dcc72f4550733fd8.jpg

Note: Sure this is the stuff that the producers would otherwise toss. Sure it is what ever is supplied by the lowest bidder. Not trying to go in the Maple Syrup debate.

Sent from a mobile device

Fake Maple Syrup is formally known as "Breakfast Syrup". It's definitely not apart of my breakfast

We call it "Table Syrup" here in NH.

My favorite part of spring here in NH is going sugar shack hopping on Maple Weekend with friends. We get quite a sugar high loading up on samples of syrup from all of the local sugar shacks. The best place is Cody's and one year we were able to get bottles that were still hot because they had just been bottled with syrup. Can't get any fresher than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...
Is the "maple syrup" onboard real pure maple syrup' date=' or is it the maple flavored corn syrup that is more typically served in American restaurants?

We're on the Radiance of the Seas, Alaska, if that makes a difference (but I would guess it's probably the same across the whole line).

Thanks.[/quote']

I think you're on the wrong board... ;) Perhaps on Seabourn or Crystal?

Of COURSE it's not "real" maple syrup...that stuff is expensive!! What they use is the flavored stuff...it will moisten and sweeten your pancakes or waffles or french toast. It does the job...but it's not the "real thing".