Come Back New Sale and Ezair - help

COTINGEY

We booked the Caribbean Princess under the Come Back New sale to take advantage of the prepaid gratuities and air promotion of " Up to $300 off air".

Cruise begins on March 30 and ends on April 13, 2019. Received my deposit confirmation to read in the fine print *EZair DISCOUNT: Flights must be booked through EZair between 2/22/18 and 5/2/18 and the discount will apply to all guests on the Come Back New promotion. EZair flight options are not available before 330 days in advance of the voyage return date. Air must be available in EZair to book in order for the offer to apply." 330 days from the end of our voyage is May 18, 2018, 16 days PAST the air booking deadline. It even states that the flights are not available prior to 330 days. This was only disclosed after booking, nothing in the advertising on the Princess website that I can find.

Message to Customer Relations, to be told by Kathleen, that's the way it is but you do get to keep your free gratuities.

Thoughts or help greatly appreciated on how to keep both promotions.

Dan

That is crazy. Airlines do not usually release schedules until 330 days out so flights cannot be booked till then. It sounds like they screwed up on the dates you have to book by. I would ask to talk to a supervisor or cancel and book when the next promo comes out.

It doesn't sound like you can keep both promotions. The fine print precludes it.

We looked at a cruise under this special--note that it says "UP TO " $300 off on the airfare. The flights from the departure cities we needed would give my daughter $75 off on her flight and me nothing off. And I could book Southwest for a lot less than EZ Air for that cruise! It is very easy to see the "up to" and assume that you'll save $300. In reality, it was nowhere close!

Provided you have a refundable deposit, keep what you have for now and keep looking for a better deal!

I'll be interested to hear what others have to say, too. We have the same situation but we are now 317 days out and still can't book air. I still get the

"Flights are not yet available for your voyage. Please check back when flights become available approximately 330 days in advance of your cruise/cruisetour end date."

Yet at the top of the same screen it says we are "317 days until departure."

It is very easy to see the "up to" and assume that you'll save $300. In reality' date=' it was nowhere close!

[/quote']

I'm wondering if the amount is based on the length of the cruise? We have a 14 day out of Rome in November and wound up with air fare of $139.57 each. That's from Boise, Idaho to Rome. So it must have been a big chunk for us.

I'll be interested to hear what others have to say, too. We have the same situation but we are now 317 days out and still can't book air. I still get the

"Flights are not yet available for your voyage. Please check back when flights become available approximately 330 days in advance of your cruise/cruisetour end date."

Yet at the top of the same screen it says we are "317 days until departure."

Departure and end dates are not the same thing. With a 14 day cruise and 317 days until departure, my arithmetic says you are 331 days from your end date. Try tomorrow or the next day.

Departure and end dates are not the same thing. With a 14 day cruise and 317 days until departure, my arithmetic says you are 331 days from your end date. Try tomorrow or the next day.

Thank you! I didn't catch that it said end date.

I am also in waiting for EZ Air mode. I did find out by calling Princess when I got an Email saying EZ Air was open to book, (Yeah, haha) It turns out the 330 days is based on the DISEMBARKATION date, I am booked on a 3 segment cruise and I will have a long wait for EZ Air. And I do not even need a return flight as disembarkation is my home part. The email was intended for those completing segment 1 and disembarking. :(

I am also in waiting for EZ Air mode. I did find out by calling Princess when I got an Email saying EZ Air was open to book, (Yeah, haha) It turns out the 330 days is based on the DISEMBARKATION date, I am booked on a 3 segment cruise and I will have a long wait for EZ Air. And I do not even need a return flight as disembarkation is my home part. The email was intended for those completing segment 1 and disembarking. :(

If you only need air to your departure port, you should be able to book now....then watch rates. They vary A LOT.

Last week, I took $80 off the previously booked EZ Air rates, one way keeping the same flight and discounting it further. As of yesterday, rates were almost double what I've booked at. Of course, I have several months for them to jerk us around with the flights.

If you only need air to your departure port' date=' you should be able to book now....then watch rates. They vary A LOT.

Last week, I took $80 off the previously booked EZ Air rates, one way keeping the same flight and discounting it further. As of yesterday, rates were almost double what I've booked at. Of course, I have several months for them to jerk us around with the flights.[/quote']

I can't book yet, at least not if I want to use EZ Air. This is a 30 day cruise. My Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website still says "EZ Air is not yet available ...." It will not open up until the disembarkation date is 330 days out. For me this should be Apr 27, so 10 more days.

Yes, It really pays to keep checking after you book EZ Air. I got a ridiculously good fare that way for a cruise from Buenos Aires last year. That was my first try at EZ Air after 23 cruises or so. I am uncomfortable with EZ Air because of what I have seen happen to people with horrible changes which really scares me. I don't want to be one of those stories.

It doesn't sound like you can keep both promotions. The fine print precludes it.

We looked at a cruise under this special--note that it says "UP TO " $300 off on the airfare. The flights from the departure cities we needed would give my daughter $75 off on her flight and me nothing off. And I could book Southwest for a lot less than EZ Air for that cruise! It is very easy to see the "up to" and assume that you'll save $300. In reality' date=' it was nowhere close!

Provided you have a refundable deposit, keep what you have for now and keep looking for a better deal![/quote']

That's what we are going to do. If we could have been on the February 9th sailing, we had very acceptable round trip/non-stop tickets for $281.86 per person from Denver.

Spoke with corporate and they reiterated - too bad. So we wait to see what the new sales will be.

I suspect that all the fine print will add up to no EZair discout

It did. We spoke with corporate and customer relations and both of their responses were - nope. Oh well, we like the rooms we booked and feel we are paying a fair price. If a sale comes along to save us some money, we'll do that, if not we'll transfer it to our TA for an additional discount. What matters is that we are cruising!

So thankful and blessed to be living in Florida! We can go on cruises to the Carribbean and not need all that hassle with air fare. We can just drive to the port. We should be so thankful!:):) :)

We used to say the same thing but there came a time when we wanted to see the world and Caribbean cruising came to an end

We just booked under this offer. Saw the cruise on another thread and checked it out. It looks great so we booked. Free grats is nice and it seems our airfare is free. It's only a 1.5 hour flight from Sacramento to LAX so it wouldn't have been all that expensive anyway but free is nice. :D We "may" be able to drive 50 minutes to my wire's brother's house and leave the car there and have him drive us to the airport and then pick us up after the return flight. It's only about a 40 minute drive for him at the most and it would save us about $200 in parking fees. He's offered in the past but it will depend on his plans.

My wife was concerned about flying in the same day as the cruise so I booked a flight the day before but I'd really rather not pay for a hotel, meals, and such. I looked at changing the flight but it won't let me just change the one flight. What's up with that? It seems I would have to change both flights and the return flight isn't offered when I do that - possibly it's full now because I already have it booked?

We can discuss it a bit this evening and, if she changes her mind, I suppose I can always call Princess and see if it's possible to keep the return flight we have booked and just change the outbound flight. If not, I may go ahead and book the hotel and just go with it as is. It seems that nothing is ever easy when it comes to dealing with airlines.

I'm wondering if the amount is based on the length of the cruise? We have a 14 day out of Rome in November and wound up with air fare of $139.57 each. That's from Boise, Idaho to Rome. So it must have been a big chunk for us.
That's terrific! And I thought our $245 flights to London and back to North Carolina from NYC were a deal. The only way I could get anything under $1,000 on my own was a hacker fare that involved going to Providence, Rhode Island, to Dublin, to London--a 20+ hour ordeal that I'm glad we're not doing.