How Many Days to Start Packing

bubbleup67

Part of the fun in preparing for cruise (at least for me) is starting packing, and given limitations on what you can carry, airlines, etc, packing requires some strategy :)

Im curious how many days ahead of time others start packing ??

I Assume length of cruise has some impact.

:)

Night before. But we travel alot so its not something we really have to plan or think about.

I often say to my wife when she asks if I got everything -

"Wallet, keys, phone, passport...everything else I can buy"

Of course if you have meds you could add that to the list.

-Sean

Been packed, just have to put the passport, cell phone, charger, credit cards, money, and first aid kit in the crossbody body the morning of embarkation. I usually buy toiletries 1-2 weeks before or day I arrival at an destination airport.

I'm in the minority that always have a packed clothes bag - never know when a last minute vacation trip might happen, lol. :D

I fly out on the 17th of december for my cruise

I have already made my travel list and as I run across things in my house that I know I will need I stash them in my travel spot for instance I found my daughters ipod/DS that she plays games on that I intend on having for the cruise ship well needless to say I don't want them disappearing again as she has them a few days then they get lost so I have stashed them so that I have them for when we are ready to go

Anyways my list is out and I know there are things I need to order so I have already started ordering things online that I need so I have time to get it and if for some reason there is a problem with it I can still have time to reorder

As far as the actual packing goes I leave on a Thursday so I will open the suitcases up on Sunday before hand as that is laundry day and start putting things in that we won't need before then all while crossing those items off my list so I know what I still need to pack

Depending on the length of the cruise and where it goes, I can start 2 months ahead. For my December cruise, which is in a month, I'm just starting now.

I`m glad it`s not just me who prepares / packs well in advance . I love everything about cruising from booking / planning excursions / prep and packing . Just got back from our latest cruise and i`m already looking at excursions ect for our next one .Will probably start putting things into the cases about February

• Like 1

I look to see if anything I need has to be washed a couple of days before leaving, and pack the night before.

I've been traveling almost weekly for business for 20+ years. I can usually pack and be out the door in 15 minutes :D

I packed the night before my cruise but I ended up way overpacking

I made a list for my last cruise - and was so happy to have stuck to it.

...But at the last minute, I ended up throwing in just about anything else that would fit.

I ended up coming home with about 8 bottoms and 10 tops that I never even got around to wearing. Maybe one of these days I'll learn :/

I made a list for my last cruise - and was so happy to have stuck to it.

...But at the last minute, I ended up throwing in just about anything else that would fit.

I ended up coming home with about 8 bottoms and 10 tops that I never even got around to wearing. Maybe one of these days I'll learn :/

Even though I have spreadsheets to list what I'm going to wear each day, I always end up going through the closet and throwing things in the suitcase, because I might just wear them or what happens if I spill on something or something tears.

I was on a 10 day cruise and upon disembarkation, a couple I met during the cruise and I were together. They got their luggage (1 piece each) and I said I had to get a porter, to which they said they would help me, if I needed help. I got a porter and he gathered my three large suitcases and the couple just kept staring at them.

I've done it my whole life, so I have given up thinking that I'll learn one day.

Even though I have spreadsheets to list what I'm going to wear each day, I always end up going through the closet and throwing things in the suitcase, because I might just wear them or what happens if I spill on something or something tears.

I was on a 10 day cruise and upon disembarkation, a couple I met during the cruise and I were together. They got their luggage (1 piece each) and I said I had to get a porter, to which they said they would help me, if I needed help. I got a porter and he gathered my three large suitcases and the couple just kept staring at them.

I've done it my whole life, so I have given up thinking that I'll learn one day.

Was that 10 day trip, Alaska, Canada or New England? Because that only time I would need the large suitcases especially 1 for boots and another 1 for the jackets / sweaters.

Otherwise, I have the opposite problem of most people, bad case of underpacking - I don't bring enough outfits. Plenty of footwear and undies, but never enough clothes. Weird....:o

Part of the fun in preparing for cruise (at least for me) is starting packing, and given limitations on what you can carry, airlines, etc, packing requires some strategy :)

My next cruise is on the RCCL Indy on December 28.

I live in New York so no more summer clothes this year for me :(

Last weekend and this weekend I have had a full day of just being in. I took my clothes out that I will wear on the cruise and ironed each piece. They are all now hanging in my attic. I will actually pack perhaps the weekend of Thanksgivingnor the weekend after. I like to be fully packed 1-2 weeks prior to leaving for any vacation. This way I can relax and get my hair and nails done and just relax.

Depending on when our flight leaves we start packing either the night before the flight or if it is an afternoon flight we pack the morning of the flight. It doesn't matter how long the cruise is, packing schedule is always the same. I simply don't understand all this packing early concept.

I must be a freak....the children's clothes have been packed for a couple of months already...and we don't sail until January! Granted, in my defense, the kids needed new clothes so we started purchasing them in the summer and storing them away. Very difficult to find anything for warm weather after August around here. Even then it was crazy difficult!