How many of you purchase the online gifts?

Gingee

How many of you purchase the online gifts for someone in your cabin?

We have a milestone cruise coming up but gad, the prices are crazy (and then what do you do with some of the stuff)?

never on Royal. too expensive and most of them had one or more things that were useless to us.

we did get a package on our Disney cruise once and we enjoyed that. breakfast in bed, sparkling wine on embarkation, rose petals, robes to keep plus a session at the rasul( which was worth the price of the entire package by itself)

Only once in 25 cruises. For my aunt, who paid for our cruise, I got a Disney picture frame. Nothing else seemed like anything she would want or use. And after I found out the stewards have to do the decorations, in addition to the short time they have to do all their rooms, I decided I would never do that! We had a birthday one time and I took stuff and did it myself!

I got one of the anniversary packages for our October cruise, since it's our 25th. It was like $80 and includes a small cake, so it seemed reasonable to me. Then I added flowers, and maybe something else. I don't remember now, but that bumped the price to $155, I think. It'll make my wife smile, so it's worth it to me.

How many strawberries do you get? And is it a full bottle of champgne or a small bottle?

I

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

between 6-8 usually and it is a standard size bottle. and they are BIG strawberries. not puny little specimens.

I actually need to amend my earlier post. once I DID pre buy a bottle of Dom for out 15th anniversary to be in the cabin on embarkation. it showed up during evening turn down so while we didn't get to toast sailaway on our balcony, it made the evening view delightful as we headed to open water.

Edited by spookwife

As we usually cruise during our anniversary in October, I usually order roses for the wife, the Wine with Cheese & Crackers tray, and the Classic Romance Package which comes with a bottle of Champagne, breakfast in bed one morning (You get a couple of items that you can't get on the regular room service breakfast menu including your choice of a Mimosa or Bloody Mary), Canapés and Petite Fors (SP) before and after dinner on one formal night, a keep sake silver 8x10 picture frame with a 8x10 picture of your choice all for $100. The 1st time we ordered this package it came with two robes to keep also but they stopped offering them with the package which we don't mind because we don't want more of them and the package was more expensive with them!

It's not for everybody but it's just something I like to do for our anniversary on the cruise! And besides the wife loves the thought! :cool:

One time I bought some kind of 'bon voyage' package for my kids. It was basically streamers and confetti, but it was fun, and at the time, it was only $30 or so. btw the room steward hit the streamers with the blankets every time he made the bed. He was happy when we finally took it down.

I always want to tell people not to purchase the online gifts or obc blah blah blah. But I never do. Just give them money in a card. So much easier and they can do what they want.

Edited by marci22

I was going to order myself a cake as I'm celebrating my birthday on my upcoming Med/Venice cruise, but they appear to have changed it from when I first looked at them and it was a CAKE to this thing wrapped in a decorated white chocolate (ICK) sheet with stuff that looks like nuts and other nastiness that doesn't belong on or in cakes on top.

Now I'm thinking cupcakes or strawberries and champagne.

I was geeky enough to order one of the room decor packages - as my dad said, you only turn 45 once! :)

My husband has flowers delivered for my arrival and even though I suspect he's going to do it, I love having fresh flowers on our balcony or in the room. They look just as fresh the last day of the cruise as they do at the beginning. The only problem, I can't take them home with me because of flights.

We have also had the room decorated for one of our kids when we sailed on his bday. That was a little lame and expensive for what you get, but it was still a great surprise for him when he arrived on the ship and the the room was decorated. HOWEVER, we travel with a group of people at times, and usually there is a birthday. Last time we brought stuff on board to decorate her door. Flat items so they are easy to pack and brings along.

My husband and I have surprised one another with wine and cheese trays, chocolate covered strawberries, etc.

It's can be pricey, but we plan for it ahead of time, and enjoy it.

How many of you purchase the online gifts for someone in your cabin?

We have a milestone cruise coming up but gad, the prices are crazy (and then what do you do with some of the stuff)?

We have done it multiple times. Sometimes we get the cabin decorated for a birthday- sometimes we order a bottle of wine for a family member. In addition, nice to order a little something for a child who will be sailing. Also a ship board credit is always welcome and can be used anywhere. We have done this when we sail and when we do not sail for a relative.

Never had a problem except sometimes I request the cabin for example to be decorated boarding day and they do not do it until I remind them.

It is a nice special treat.

We had the romance package years ago because we had credit card points to use. Was nice and we still have the robes. More recently we have ordered the cabin decorations. It is fun to get to your cabin and see all the decorations and we took them home with us and hung them in the kids room. On our cruise last year I took my own decorations because we were celebrating our daughter's graduation.

RCL just doesn't have a big selection lot of bon voyage gifts to choose from. We always used to get flower arrangements, but finally decided they just took up valuable counter space. At this point, I sometimes get a bottle of wine for the cabin. (Hang onto the corkscrew and wine glasses if you don't drink the wine on the first day - my steward has taken them away.)

I miss the days when you could order from a bon voyage company that would deliver to your stateroom. Yeah, I know I'm showing my age but it was only about 10 years ago. We had small Christmas trees delivered for a holiday sailing, kids' baskets with coloring books, candy bars and ocean themed beanie babies, and six-packs of my spouse's favorite soda...it was easy to customze a surprise.