Carnival Gift Cards converted to Onboard Credits

chrcruiser

What is the easiest way to convert your Carnival Gift Cards to onboard credits in your account? Can you do that at Check in before you board or do you have to wait until you get on the ship? If on the ship, where do you go to do it?

Hi

I believe that if you booked through a Carnival PVP you could call them and they can credit them to your account. Give them a call and ask.

Rather than "pre loading" them to your account, it may be easier for you just to wait until the end of your cruise then pay off your on-board account with them the last day. If you're using them to pay for your cruise, you can just go to the payment page and select gift card.

Hi

I believe that if you booked through a Carnival PVP you could call them and they can credit them to your account. Give them a call and ask.

I actually did that a while back and our PVP said he could not, that our options were as mentioned above (visit GS or use one of the on-board kiosks). Now, maybe our PVP was misinformed...... :confused:

I actually did that a while back and our PVP said he could not, that our options were as mentioned above (visit GS or use one of the on-board kiosks). Now, maybe our PVP was misinformed...... :confused:

He was correct. You can load them at check in at some ports, guest services, kiosks, or use them to purchase Cruise Cash.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you use E-gift Cards on board or just the hard cards?

You can use either.

In fact, you don’t even need to bring the physical cards or a print-out of the ecard. All you need is the gift card numbers and pin.

We usually have them on our phones and just read them off to GS or type them in on the kiosk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Alternatively, you can "buy" Carnival Cruise Cash (Essentially onboard credit) in $25 increments through the Carnival Funshops online before you go using gift cards. I added a $100 Carnival Cruise Cash to my upcoming sailing on the Dream and I used a $100 gift card to pay for it. https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/D28/cruise-cash-general

Alternatively, you can "buy" Carnival Cruise Cash (Essentially onboard credit) in $25 increments through the Carnival Funshops online before you go using gift cards. I added a $100 Carnival Cruise Cash to my upcoming sailing on the Dream and I used a $100 gift card to pay for it. https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/D28/cruise-cash-general

This is the only way to buy onboard credit before boarding.

Just off of the Victory and had 4 $100 gift cards. I was told at guest services only 3 can be added at one time. My 4 card was added after I used up one of the gift cards. This is something I didn't know.

I have added six at one time before. Perhaps this was simply a rule for that particular ship or because the line was so long.

I have added six at one time before. Perhaps this was simply a rule for that particular ship or because the line was so long.

I'm platinum and nine of the lines were long. I was told it was the way their system was. I didn't insist because it was no big since I could come back later after Cheers was purchased.